Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
ZO Skin Health or Obagi Nuderm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just discovered the zo skin health and this looks great but not sure which regimine would be better to correct my skin care needs.

I have very large pores, sundamage, hyperpigmentation but no serious wrinkles or sagging.

Has anyone tried both?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
ZO Skin Health products can be obtained at a much lower price...they are just private label products with a huge markup. Go with Obagi Nuderm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I can only comment on Obagi Nu-Derm as I am using it (on maintenance) and since then till now, my skin is clear. So far great results. The only thing is that you always MUST wear a sunscreen to protect your skin...

I find ZO products are far too expensive and will do the same results as Obagi Nu-derm... so? Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
I find ZO products are far too expensive and will do the same results as Obagi Nu-derm... so? Smile

ZO products will NOT do the same as Nuderm....they are a completely different protocol, are designed to do different things, do not use Retin A, etc. ZO is MUCH weaker and far less irritating than NuDerm, so they can't create the same results as NuDerm. They are more of a maintenance protocol.

And yes, I have used both lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
What are the names of ZO product(s) did you try? Which ones do you prefer to use? Are they giving you the results you expect? As I said, I can not comment on ZO products as I have not tried them. The only thing that I said is that they are more expensive.....

bethany wrote:

ZO products will NOT do the same as Nuderm....they are a completely different protocol, are designed to do different things, do not use Retin A, etc. ZO is MUCH weaker and far less irritating than NuDerm, so they can't create the same results as NuDerm. They are more of a maintenance protocol.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
What are the names of ZO product(s) did you try? Which ones do you prefer to use? Are they giving you the results you expect? As I said, I can not comment on ZO products as I have not tried them. The only thing that I said is that they are more expensive.....

bethany wrote:

I tried every product they offered when they first came out. And what you actually said was that they had the same results...NOT that they were just more expensive.

jade-1234 wrote:

My only request is that forum members actually know what they are talking about when they make these statements. You can not compare NuDerm and ZO from a skin overhaul standpoint.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Since you say are an expert on both of these products, how do you compare ZO lines from Nu-Derm other than the strength is weaker from skin overhaul standpoint? But why suggest Nu-Derm if they are stronger and you are using ZO products that are weaker in strengths? If someone is trying out, would they not prefer weaker strength first to see if it is compatible with their skin?

Am I wrong to say that ZO products are expensive? You were the one who said this below... And you did not even mention what products in the ZO lines you are using either... Why don't you list the ZO lines that you have used here and what results it gave you (you did not say!)???? And please when you reply, be diplomatic and not "sarcastic". There are ways to say things but not offend people by being negative.....

bethany wrote:
ZO Skin Health products can be obtained at a much lower price...they are just private label products with a huge markup. Go with Obagi Nuderm.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:25 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Since you say are an expert on both of these products, how do you compare ZO lines from Nu-Derm other than the strength is weaker from skin overhaul standpoint? But why suggest Nu-Derm if they are stronger and you are using ZO products that are weaker in strengths? If someone is trying out, would they not prefer weaker strength first to see if it is compatible with their skin?

Am I wrong to say that ZO products are expensive? You were the one who said this below... And you did not even mention what products in the ZO lines you are using either... Why don't you list the ZO lines that you have used here and what results it gave you (you did not say!)???? And please when you reply, be diplomatic and not "sarcastic". There are ways to say things but not offend people by being negative.....

bethany wrote:

Quit trying to creat drama....you made a statement that was incorrect about them having the same results, and that is just not possible when you compare the ingredients. Sorry if you found it offensive that you were corrected, but you were wrong.

I have used all the ZO products in the hyperpigmentation regime (plus every other ZO product except the body emulsion) and loved them from an ease of use standpoint. But they did not have significant results from a discoloration standpoint.

http://www.zoskinhealth.com/patients/zo-skin-health/skin-condition/hyperpigmentation

As far as price, I said ZO had a huge markup in my very first post (which means expensive), so I have no idea why you are focusing on that...we are saying the SAME thing. Rolling Eyes

Obagi Nuderm is the best choice for skin with hyperpigmentation and sun damage...you should know that, since you post about it all the time. Look at the ingredients in all the products, and read Dr. Obagi's dermatology textbook (yes, I own it and have read it multiple times). You will see that Nuderm was created to deal with pigmentation and WHY each of the specific ingredients are essential. Then go back and see how many of those ingedients are in ZO, and ask if you will get the same results. (And YOU said they would have the same results, which is the only issue I had with your post)

luvskincare - Sorry this was made so confusing. For pigmentation, I would definitely try NuDerm, but please do it under a skin professional's guidance because it can be very irritating. (Lots of redness and peeling) There are multiple protocols, including one for sensitive skin, so you may want to consider that if you are doing it on your own or want to limit the redness and peeling.

If you decide to go with a retinol and Vit C regime, you may want to look at Environ....I think it is much better than ZO, but I have not results with hyperpigmentation with that either after 5 months.

Best of luck with whatever you go with! And as Jade likes to remind everyone, don't forget to wear your sunscreen! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ZO Skin Health products can be obtained at a much lower price...they are just private label products with a huge markup

Hi Bethany - do you know which products are the lower priced dupes of the ZO Skin products? I am using the Growth Factor Serum, Ommerse Day & Night Creams and wish to try the Exfoliating Polish and Radical Night Repair. But the prices are just too high to use in the long term.

I saw the post about the dupe Sunscreen for the ZO Oclipse Sunscreen and that is what got me looking for alternative manufacturers or other private label companies for ZO Skin. Until then, I really thought Dr. Obagi formulated his own products and felt a little bit betrayed (emotional reaction I know but Dr. Obagi is so outspoken about working his whole life just on HIS theories and HIS formulations).

By the way, I have never heard of any dupes for the NuDerm products, have you?

I actually love all the products but the ZO Skin is way overpriced for a cosmeceutical.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
bethany wrote:
ZO Skin Health products can be obtained at a much lower price...they are just private label products with a huge markup

Hi Bethany - do you know which products are the lower priced dupes of the ZO Skin products? I am using the Growth Factor Serum, Ommerse Day & Night Creams and wish to try the Exfoliating Polish and Radical Night Repair. But the prices are just too high to use in the long term.

I saw the post about the dupe Sunscreen for the ZO Oclipse Sunscreen and that is what got me looking for alternatives manufacturers or other private label companies for ZO Skin. Until then, I really thought Dr. Obagi formulated his own products and felt a little bit betrayed (emotional reaction I know but Dr. Obagi is so outspoken about working his whole life just on HIS theories and HIS formulations).

By the way, I have never heard of any dupes for the NuDerm products, have you?

I actually love all the products but the ZO Skin is way overpriced for a cosmeceutical.

I am heading into a meeting, but will pm you later today. We found identical dupes for the growth factors and the retinol treatment product, but not the polish (darn!) nor the creams which are basically Shea butter with retinol. (I think the environ creams are very similar actually).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am heading into a meeting, but will pm you later today. We found identical dupes for the growth factors and the retinol treatment product, but not the polish (darn!) nor the creams which are basically Shea butter with retinol. (I think the environ creams are very similar actually).

Thanks so much Bethany - Have a good meeting and look forward to your PM!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jade - You are new so you don't have the history but Bethany has used these products and has been a great provider of information about them for all of us. She is very helpful and was just trying to do the same for you. She has never been one to create drama in any form. Sis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully those aren't also private label products made by Young Pharmaceuticals and available at lower prices when the Obagi name is replaced by another label.

I was a big believer in ZO, but the private label discovery (and huge markup) was a big disappointment. Sad Sad Sad

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
If you have hyperpigmentation but no wrinkles and firming concerns I will not start with Nu derm as first option, I will definetelly go with Obagi but with the Obagi C system - it corrects the hyperpigmentation and the eveness of your skin. High in vit c ascorbic adic, and hydroquinone, if you have oily skin get the vit c 20 serum. Btw... obagi does not sell products online... What you see online is all counterfeit.. Obagi sells only through authorized physician or medi spa and only by consultation, never on line. good luck!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 am      Reply with quote
kanataesthetics wrote:
If you have hyperpigmentation but no wrinkles and firming concerns I will not start with Nu derm as first option, I will definetelly go with Obagi but with the Obagi C system - it corrects the hyperpigmentation and the eveness of your skin. High in vit c ascorbic adic, and hydroquinone, if you have oily skin get the vit c 20 serum. Btw... obagi does not sell products online... What you see online is all counterfeit.. Obagi sells only through authorized physician or medi spa and only by consultation, never on line. good luck!!

You do realize that this forum is sponsored and managed by a company that sells Obagi online, right? I am not sure they would like you saying that their merchandise is counterfeit.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All, We've moved the general discussion on products for hyperpigmentation to its own thread found here:

Products for Hyperpigmentation
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47616
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |