Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Bad Skin Tone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:29 am      Reply with quote
My skin is looking a dreary these days, I dont know whats happened. Im kind of washed out and a bit blotchy. What can I use to get a lovely spring blush girls...... Please dont say vit C Shock Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I won't say it then but you still know that I'm thinking it! Laughing

I would also suggest some exfoliation and maybe a pick-me-up mask? You didn't say I shouldn't mention Valmont Renewing Pack so - Valmont Renewing Pack is a great pick-me-up mask when my skin is looking a tad unhealthy. Also, drink more water if you're not drinking enough already.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, you are terrible! Laughing Cindi, don't even look at the Valmont pack until pay day. Actually, don't even look at it then Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Ive ordered the Dermalogica Micro Foliant, cant wait for that, used a sample and it was nice. Of course, you know my feelings on Dr H's weetabix cleaner Laughing, I used a Dermalogica Vitamin mask sample two nights ago and I honestly think that contributed..... I used my light skin peel this morning, which I think is similar to the JB Radiant exfoliator. My skin feels soft but isnt looking its best. Crying or Very sad
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Cindi, put the credit card DOWN! Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Sad Crying or Very sad your such a fun spoiler rzecka..... Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
I used a Dermalogica Vitamin mask sample two nights ago and I honestly think that contributed..... I used my light skin peel this morning, which I think is similar to the JB Radiant exfoliator. My skin feels soft but isnt looking its best. Crying or Very sad

hmm perhaps it's product OD? You've been trying a few different things lately.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Ok, I won't say it then but you still know that I'm thinking it! Laughing

I would also suggest some exfoliation and maybe a pick-me-up mask? You didn't say I shouldn't mention Valmont Renewing Pack so - Valmont Renewing Pack is a great pick-me-up mask when my skin is looking a tad unhealthy. Also, drink more water if you're not drinking enough already.

Im not sure I need vit c if there is C ester in the Alpha Derma, Im assuming there is, better go and check...
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Ive been on the JB range for a week and bits. i did the mask on Sunday night and I look blotchy and sallow and just not pretty..... Im conscious about product over load and layering........
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
My skin is looking a dreary these days, I dont know whats happened. Im kind of washed out and a bit blotchy. What can I use to get a lovely spring blush girls...... Please dont say vit C Shock Laughing

Cindy,

Are you talking about your coloring? Must say the CS RX Vit.C* really make a difference for me (sorry I know you didn't want to hear about Vit. C). It got rid of my sallow look. I am also using Chanel Sheer Brillance. LOVE IT!! I don't like makeup but this Chanel product makes me glow.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Cindi, what is wrong with using a C serum? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:41 am      Reply with quote
There is nothing wrong with Vitamin C, its just there is so many, and everyone uses a different type, I just get confused by the whole issue so I tend to ignore it Confused Besides, theres Ester C in the Alphaderma so Winnie, do I really need another one?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
There is nothing wrong with Vitamin C, its just there is so many, and everyone uses a different type, I just get confused by the whole issue so I tend to ignore it Confused Besides, theres Ester C in the Alphaderma so Winnie, do I really need another one?

I have been using ADCE since July. With all the talk about Vit. C I just needed to try it. When I first used it under the ADCE I had a little reaction (swelling around my eye). But, since I have been fine and really like what it has done to the color of my skin. The CS Rx C+ for me is the right choice. It is a moisturizing C. It goes on with an oily feel but goes away quickly. In the past I have found other C's drying. I also like the fact that it spreads so well and a few drops does it all.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I also love the CSRX vit C.
I always use it even under products with C in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi loopilori, where do you buy it from?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I think that although ADCE has C esters, the researech on C's benefits was done with L ascorbic acid. Some claim that esters are virtually useless, but I think that some trials have shown good take up by the skin with it...winnie or judy will prob have more info on that.
The important thing about C serums is stability. Cellularskins is incredibly stable as is skinceuticals. The 25% stuff from dianayvonne sucks! total waste of money! Vivier also has good stability according to it's fans, but I think the jury is still out on Cellex c.
Cellularskin's is cheapest followed by vivier. skinceuticals is well pricey, but it is a lovely product Smile
You can get CSRx stuff here...
http://www.cellularskinrx.com/

They will send as a gift for overseas customers as well....and I mean a gift...it's like xmas! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
People keep saying this about vit c, that its stable. I dont understand what is stable about it. Sorry... Embarassed
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi
Vit C is a product very sensitive to light and heat - that it gets "destroyed" if the elements are too strong. So far the consensus seems to be that Cellex C's Vit C is less stable and it turns dark due to oxidation easily. So far, Vivier and Skinceuticals seem more stable and the colour of serum stays even after being opened for some time. I keep mine hidden in the drawer.

Coming back to your question about blotchiness and skin tone, I have a few tricks:

1) Valmont Renewing Pack (costly though and mine is running low Sad )
2) Have a good exfoliation - that enhances absorption of your treatment products
3) Skinceuticals Renew Overnight which contains 5% mixed Hydroxy Acids and serves as a good moisturizer as well.
4) Juvena rejuven Power Night - also great to wake up to - skin looks so even in the morning

Hope this helps
Jenny
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
...The CS Rx C+ for me is the right choice. It is a moisturizing C. It goes on with an oily feel but goes away quickly. In the past I have found other C's drying. I also like the fact that it spreads so well and a few drops does it all.

I wanted to chime in that I've had my bottle of CellularSkin Rx C+ for a couple of months and it's still good. It hasn't discolored or "turned" on me. I keep it away from heat and also keep it out of direct sunlight even though the product already comes in an amber bottle.

I took the advice from another forum member betterat40. She told me that this formulation of C serum is the most stable around that she knows of and I believe she has tried some other C serums.

I have combination/sensitive skin. My cheeks are dry so I do have to use a moisturizer on top (Emu oil or B5 gel depending how dry my cheeks are).

HTH
Mert
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Jenny

Where do you get this "Juvena rejuven Power Night"?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I cant fight the Vitamin C thing forever, sooner or later Im going to have to give in Sad
Diva.
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I always had skin that was red around my nose and chin and pale everywhere else (except under my eyes, where its just black Wink ..

I have combo skin and once in a while I get minor break outs here and there, so I was paranoid to try lotions - they always made me break out or feel greasy.

But about 6 months ago I started using Clinques Comfortable Cream Cleanser. You can rinse it off, or just wipe it off - and you can put it directly on your eye area (BIG plus for me who is very very lazy and doesnt want 2 products for washing my face!)

That was going well so I decided to try exfoliating and moisturizing..for the first time in my 28 years.. (have been taking care of my eye area since i was 21 though.. )

I got some of Cliniques Total Turnaround cream for normal skin (warning - the kind for oily skin really made my face red and dry..) and then I also use Cliniques Moisture On line cream afterwards. My skin glows now. I would never have thought I could have skin this color... its great, really, and a little goes a long way!

PS - it also tightened up my face alot. When I smile, my cheeks look much better. And the little crevices I was starting to get on either side of my nose are gone.. Smile
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mert
You can get it right here at EDS. Go to the JUVENA brand - then look under "Rejuven"

Cheers
Jenny
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |