Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
sebaceous hyperplasia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm only just starting this year to feel like I'm controlling my skin & not the other way round

Hi 901. Thats how i feel these days. I have found something that works for me and i feel in control.
I never put anything on my skin except suncream if i really have to. I like that feeling of being dry after so many years of oily skin.
How long B5 takes to work im sure is down to the individual , how much you take and how regular you are with it.
I started taking 6 x 500g tablets a day for the 1st couple of months and gradually reduced it to 2 x 500g .
Not suggesting anyone does that though i dont believe its harmful in any way.
SH101
5% products discount

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys

I started taking 500mgs of B5 per day about a month ago. I will see how that is after another month and then go to 1000mgs for a couple of months. B5 has definitely worked for Hemp and others so there's nothing to lose here, only gains to be made. As for any hair loss side effects, I haven't had hair for about 25 years so maybe it will start growing back! haha
GW
5% products discount

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
G901 wrote:

Current situation on SH is that all the large raised ones are gone , what I do have is some small ones along with some larger oil glands you can see under the skin ( not sure if I can have these treated or not seeing as they are not raised ? They are within the skin's surface ? So perhaps will monitor for time being)

This sounds very similar to my situation.

I have the small ones that I get burned down every few months. Then there are whitish areas that aren't raised and have a centre large pore. They can be burned down too and also seem to come back. They become visible sooner than the small SH as they don't have to grow back far enough to protrude to be visible. Only have a few of them though. You can squeeze sebum out of the centre which reduces the size of the large pore for a week or so but otherwise makes no difference and it comes back.

I need to book up to see the nice local lady in mid/late Sept. Will phone up Monday. If she isn't available in that period I will go to Andy.

Looks like she has cut her hours back even further according to the website and I don't see her continuing into 2020.

I have another cougar story for Andy but he may have to wait until March for it! Laughing
SH101
5% products discount

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, not another Cougar issue G901!! That's hilarious and hope to hear it one day. If you play with fire you will get burnt, again and again, and again....

If you do see your lady, can you please find out which machine she is using. I have used 3 different Sterex machines and they all work the same. There is no way I can treat SH on the settings you stated previously. We even tried when Hemp came to see me a couple of months ago and nothing happened until the 40-45 mark.

I have recently spoken with G901 who told me about his experience at my old clinic. I have also text around 250 old clients to let them know that I have started up again on my own, in part due to what i was witnessing at the old clinic. So many people have contacted me about their own issues they've had and quite a few have been scarred due to over treatment!
GW
5% products discount

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Not "another" I'm afraid. I made the mistake of engaging with the original super crazy one as I thought she had got her head together but this time she took the crazy to a new level!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Definitely learned my lesson now!

I did manage to book in with the nice lady in Chew Valley so can ask the questions.

I will ask what machine she has but didn't we also conclude that it might have been down to needle/probe size? I can ask about that too.

I suspect this could be my last visit with her or possibly I might get December if I am lucky so I will gather all the information I can on Monday-week and let you know so you can try it on me when I pop down in March I guess.

I got your text and looked up your new offices on Google Maps etc!

I think a lot of people don't know about the treatment or even know what the condition is and that it can be treated. I was talking to a guy at a sporting thing I go to a few months back and he had worked a lot in a very hot climate when he was younger and got a lot of sun exposure.

He had loads of massive ones. He is how I would have looked if I hadn't started receiving treatment. He has a lot of money (he used to work where I work so I know his pension is huge) so could afford treatment but I bet he has either never raised it with anyone and just assumed it is "part of getting old", or he went to the useless NHS who just said "it's cosmetic and can't be treated".

I wanted to say something to him but it's just not the polite thing to do! Plus his missus was tidy so why help your competition! Laughing Nah I haven't learned my lesson! Laughing
SH101
5% products discount

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Haha GW, it often goes hand-in-hand that a guy with a lot of spare cash has an attractive partner. But I'm sure he's a nice guy himself anyway.

I'm seeing a guy tomorrow morning who has been to my old clinic. Unfortunately, his story is now a common one and he won't be returning.

And yes, your quite right that people and even Doctors don't understand or know what SH is. Although you were tempted to say something to your retired work colleague, just imagine how difficult it is for me as I'm standing in the Tesco's queue looking at peoples skin. I have never said anything to anyone as I know I could either make or break their day. I just play safe......perhaps that's what you need to do from now on GW Laughing
GW
5% products discount

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Saw the nice lady Janet from Chew yesterday.

I did forget to get all the details because she is so nice and I lose track. Wink

However she said she is definitely retiring in December so I am seeing her on the 18th for the last time.

She is directing all her clients to another lady in the area who she speaks to regularly on a forum that these practitioners use. As a result she said she would give me all the tech data so this other lady could replicated the treatment if I wanted to try her.

Not sure if I will try this other local lady (maybe just a quick top up or something) but at least I will have all the details to use with you. We were on "24" power setting this time. Can't remember if she said the needle was a 6 or something. Never mind, will get it all next time.

I'd only have to meet the new lady once to get an idea as I generally pick up the vibe within a minute. That's what happened with the guy at your old place as straight away the vibe wasn't good and I had no confidence. My spider senses proved accurate.

Janet was looking at me under magnification and saying I'd been lucky to get away with what had happened with the guy at your old clinic. She could see scarring but said it's barely visible.

She also very kindly got rid of some veins I had on the side of my nose! Laughing

We used the full 30 minutes and it was only £60. Ridiculously cheap. She used to rake it in when she was working in the city but now she is out in the sticks people won't pay much.

I've booked 45 mins for the final appointment so we can have a real rumble and try to get everything.
SH101
5% products discount

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, I wish I could charge those rates and make a profit. I've reduced the prices from the old clinic and with all the overheads of being self-employed, I am nowworse off. But I'm happier now!

I do plan to move to Scotland at some point and work from home. Just by working from home I can take another 20% off straight away. But that's a little while off yet. And I would still come back to Hampshire every 4-6 months though to treat my regulars
LorenL

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello ~ I want to share my experience regarding SH and a home remedy that worked for me. I had SH for years in a moderate fashion with small white bumps mostly on the forehead but also throughout my face. It was dramatic enough to be embarrassing. My dermatologist put me on a regimen of isotretinoin for a few months and it cleared it up completely. I was then gradually reduced to a maintenance dose of only 20mg weekly which also worked well. I did this for two years and it kept the SH at bay. However, I was experiencing side-effects in the form of aching from the isotretinion so decided to quit. The problem? Once quitting the isotretinoin, the SH returned. I went back on the maintenance dose and it cleared again. I quit again and it returned. I happened upon and tweaked a home remedy which has been working well for six months if I do it regularly. I use a mixture of equal parts apple cider vinegar and distilled water, mixed with a **smaller amount of therapeutic grade peppermint oil twice a day. I use it in a glass spray bottle, shake it very well before using, then spray onto a cotton facial square pad and apply all over my face (staying away from the eyes), followed in a few minutes with moisturizer. I mix approx. a teaspoon of peppermint oil to 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/3 cup distilled water. This manages SH well for me and does not dry my skin. If I quit this 'toner' mixture, the SH returns, but I'm off of all meds and my skin tolerates it beautifully. NOTE: **I recommend experimenting with the amount of peppermint oil you can tolerate as it has a menthol quality that can affect eyes and have a major cooling sensation. Perhaps start with less peppermint oil, test an area, and add or dilute according to how it feels. Hope this helps!
Virtual_Davey

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
LorenL wrote:
Hello ~ I want to share my experience regarding SH and a home remedy that worked for me. I had SH for years in a moderate fashion with small white bumps mostly on the forehead but also throughout my face. It was dramatic enough to be embarrassing. My dermatologist put me on a regimen of isotretinoin for a few months and it cleared it up completely. I was then gradually reduced to a maintenance dose of only 20mg weekly which also worked well. I did this for two years and it kept the SH at bay. However, I was experiencing side-effects in the form of aching from the isotretinion so decided to quit. The problem? Once quitting the isotretinoin, the SH returned. I went back on the maintenance dose and it cleared again. I quit again and it returned. I happened upon and tweaked a home remedy which has been working well for six months if I do it regularly. I use a mixture of equal parts apple cider vinegar and distilled water, mixed with a **smaller amount of therapeutic grade peppermint oil twice a day. I use it in a glass spray bottle, shake it very well before using, then spray onto a cotton facial square pad and apply all over my face (staying away from the eyes), followed in a few minutes with moisturizer. I mix approx. a teaspoon of peppermint oil to 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/3 cup distilled water. This manages SH well for me and does not dry my skin. If I quit this 'toner' mixture, the SH returns, but I'm off of all meds and my skin tolerates it beautifully. NOTE: **I recommend experimenting with the amount of peppermint oil you can tolerate as it has a menthol quality that can affect eyes and have a major cooling sensation. Perhaps start with less peppermint oil, test an area, and add or dilute according to how it feels. Hope this helps!

I made the exact mixture that you suggested (except I used a plastic spray bottle).
I used "Peppermint Essential Oil - 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Peppermint Oil" from Healing Solutions found on Amazon.

A few questions. When will I begin to see improvement? I've been using it for about a week so far and don't see any improvement yet, but perhaps it's too early.

I only have SH on my forehead and temples, is it necessary to cover my entire face with the mixture?

Also, is moisturizer afterwards needed for this to work properly? I could care less if my skin is dry, but I do use a dark self tanning lotion at least once a week. It helps 'hide' the SH for SH seems to not be as noticeable on darker skin. My skin is very white and pale otherwise and the SH seems so obvious to me without it. I believe it moisturizes too and has Aloe Vera Extract and Vitamin E. I use "Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep/Dark".

Only negative is your mixture seems to remove at least some of my self tan (I see it on my facial pad after use).

I never used Isotretinoin before, but I noticed it's sold on eBay for about $50 for 30 10mg pills or $150 for 100 20mg pills. Seems they are all sold through Indonesia. It's expensive, but if it is needed just to 'jump start' the SH removal before using your mixture, I'll probably try it. I've already spent hundreds on various creams and lotions that never worked.
Jabujj

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just a question about the skin classic treatment.

1. Does the area heal fully? I have seen before and after of the skin classic treatments, even a month or two after and the area is always pink.

2. Does the treatment leave little dents in the skin.

The reason I am asking this is because I have sebaceous hyperplasia, they are not huge but annoying.

Just not sure I am willing to trade bump for a permanent pink spot or dent.
G901
5% products discount

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jabujj,
If the treatment is done correctly with the correct needle & settings then in my experience you will not have any scars or dents .
It's treating the top layer of skin . What I have found is that after a treatment ( depending on the size of the SH ) scabs will heal generally between 7 to 14 days .I then have had some to no pigmentation post scabs, on some of the bigger SH that are removed the pinkness takes about two months to fade away back to normal skin colour, (stay out of the sun !)
Also what I have found as well is that after a treatment there will be a percentage of SH that still remain (albeit smaller) or even remain stubbornly unchanged as each persons healing is unpredictable , so it's a good idea to manage your expectations as you may need multiple treatments to get to a level you'll be happy with .I believe also they are better to be treated when they are smaller rather than leaving them for years in case they grow bigger. Also if you do have them treated , please don't get anxious about healing as in my experience it can take at least 3 months before the skin finally heals up . (I had a large SH treated before on my temple and the pore size was huge afterwards but after 4 months it closed up and is now normal size therefore knowing what I know now I needn't have worried about it !) Hope this helps & Good Luck
GW
5% products discount

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried all these various oils and aside from the cooling menthol effect, not much else happened other than my wallet getting lighter.

The oils may have an effect that makes your skin look/feel better but they cannot physically reduce the overgrown gland where the cells have multiplied out of control. The oils won't destroy the excess tissue or turn off the process.

Roaccutane/Isotretinoin is known to turn off that growth process but has well known health risks, can only be used for a limited period and the excess gland growth returns when you inevitably have to quit the treatment.

To answer the other questions that were posed about electrolysis like ACP/Skin Classic:

1, Yes it fully heals but you must see a reputable and skilled practitioner. My pink is generally invisible to the naked eye after a month.

2, Again, see a reputable practitioner. In the past some really big SH have left dents but they always filled out in a few months.

To sum it up, SEE A REPUTABLE PRACTITIONER, and in the nine or so treatments I've had, I've never been left with a mark/dent that didn't vanish entirely in a few months.

On the subject of practitioners, I've been unlucky in that mine keep leaving or retiring!

My last one, Janet, retired after my treatment in December which was a shame as that was my third treatment with her and we had just perfected what works best for my skin.

It worked so well last time that I didn't think I needed much done for my next quarterly treatment.

Janet had recommended someone she had met personally and spoken to on a forum that they all use, so as she was only 30 minutes drive from me I thought I'd give the recommended lady a go.

Her name is Kay Cooper and she was based in Midsomer Norton. I trusted Janet but still did a bit of Googling as research pays. Kay had obviously put a lot of effort into her business with the website (that has electronic booking and submitting of questionnaires in advance), her social media presence and her premises looking good.

I've just been to see her and she did indeed have a slick and clean looking place so the important first impression was one of professionalism.

We had a good chat about skin and she seemed very enthusiastic about it. I was told off for washing my face with shower gel and she gave me some good advice that rang true about how my greasy skin is actually a rebound from where I over-dry it.

I told her my settings from when Janet treated me and she must use the same or similar machine to Janet as the sensation was identical.

Like everyone else she has a certain technique and if I had my eyes shut I could tell who was treating me just from the feel. I told her that I wanted it deeper and that's how it felt so I don't know if that's her usual technique or a response to my request. I heard more sizzling than usual which I actually like!

Looking at the white circles afterwards it is clear that she was very precise and focused. A few things she did differently to everyone else I'd been to is that she had multiple lights and some far brighter than anything I'd experienced before. She switched between the lights and this really helped as she spotted a lot of SH and more than perhaps the others would have.

Curiously she also wheeled around the table to treat each side where as the others have tilted my head and reach across me to do the far side of my face. Maybe her device has a longer cable or something but her way made more sense and I guess she was luckier than the others in that she has a lovely spacious treatment room.

She recommend a gel cleaner to me that is more suited to my oily skin and won't over strip it and cause a rebound. She promotes a range of cleansers and moisturisers as I guess she gets a commission but she doesn't hard sell it. She gave me some samples to try and a code for if I wanted to buy some later but as she had some bottles there and was very reasonable, I bought one to try.

Will see how a more gentle regime works for my oil production.

Highly recommend her to anyone within travelling distance of Midsomer Norton. Will definitely go back and I questioned her on her future and it looks like she is there for the long haul so I'm hoping that could be the first of very many treatments. Plenty of parking etc too and you can park right outside her door.

Edit: Just wanted to add as it is very important.... G901 said about not getting anxious after the treatment and that is such good advice! That was definitely something I did at times and I got myself worked up over nothing and by expecting it to heal unrealistically fast. Getting anxious will if anything slow the process! I bet all of us have been through that and I expect a lot of others having their first treatments will do the same and convince themselves that it won't heal or marks will remain for ever and then get in a panic!

Chill out! It will heal and fully fade!
G901
5% products discount

Wed May 27, 2020 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi All , hope everyone is well ,
I wondered if anyone on the forum has researched topical prevention of SH ?
As far as I can see there do not seem to be studies about preventing SH...
Some of the advice from the internet is a bit mixed in that topical Vitamin A Retinoids may possibly prevent SH from forming , other opinions are that no topical will prevent SH ?
I suppose keeping pores as clear as possible is a helping starting point !
Topical Vitamin A is quite irritating and drying... so to go through months / years of applying it to the face without knowing if it could prevent SH is a big step ?
Maybe it's best not to worry about prevention & just have them treated as they appear whilst maintaining skin cleaning care for your individual skin as best as you can !
( What I have found is that oral isotretinoin medicine has been proven to reduce sebaceous gland size ....albeit they may return after treatment has stopped .... which leads me to think that a topical tretinoin may work but to a lesser degree if you see my train of thought ?)

Has anyone on the forum actually managed to se a Dermatologist about SH and received any good advice on prevention ?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2020 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I have talked to my derm about them and Accutane was about it for prevention (several actually). She can zap but also recommends taking a needle and applying Retin-A to the center of it to eventually reduce for a DIY approach. Overactive oil glands and they just form more for some. Stress aggravates, age etc.
I have read taking some B and A vitamins help in prevention as well.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
When I was researching it, I never saw anyone who got rid of it with any topic treatment. Including prescription strength Retin A.

Having used that for acne I would NEVER use that long term for SH.

It makes your skin really red and sore and you will never go out in the sun again as long as you are using it. If you stop, the SH would come back. But as I say, I've never seen anyone who had success - other than those vague placebo posts you see where people say "I think it's smaller" but if you then search their name you find them posting six months later and still begging for solutions.

Given that I think sun damage causes SH, I wouldn't use anything that makes you photosensitive.

Orally works but you can't take it long and then the SH comes back.

I will always say that the only method that'll work is physical destruction. People don't want to go down that route and would rather try a topical cream. It seems cheap in terms of up front cost, less drastic, less painful, no scabs for weeks etc.

I can't blame them but it's just postponing the inevitable because in the long term you are solving nothing and throwing money away.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm politely disagreeing with GW.

Saying that retin a (and I'm speaking here to treatments that have retinoic acid, these are the types that are prescrption, not drugstore)causes skin to be 'really red and sore' isn't actually an accurate representation of most peoples experience with retin a when applied gradually. You will likley experience dryness in the beginning with any retinoic acid product, see the retin a 'uglies'...people talk about it as a common side effect that does go away. It usually includes some dryness and some flaking of dry skin.

I have rosacea so my skin is highly sensitized already because the rosacea comes with compromised skin barrier function. Even with that, I am able to use a mild dose of retin a, 0.02% , daily and with absolutely no side effects because I eased into application 2X weekly at first, then 3X the next week. Stay at that level for a couple weeks. then move up as you and your derm see fit-wearing sunscreen of course during the day which one should be doing anyways.

To speak directly to the accusation that 'you will never go out in the sun again' ...I have a pool LOL. I wear sunscreen. I wear a hat sometimes, but usually don't. And if you google for the facts you'll find several studies that contradict this by showing that retinoids do not lower minimal erythemal dose. In my limited knowledge that's a measure of how much sun the skin can be exposed to before it burns. Don't take my word for it, review the science.

I just wanted to make sure anyone reading this looking for information on retin a and sebaceous hyperplasia wasn't totally deterred by this post. I don't doubt some people have the exact experience this poster had, but with a bit of tweaking you may experience quite beautiful results from a retinoic acid product.

I have SH and it does seems to keep my skin smoother in general so texturally the SH are less visible. I would agree with GH that physical treatments like ablation probably work quite well in many cases. I've had laser ablation done on one before and it never came back but other tiny ones have cropped up over the years and I find my retin a to keep them under control quite nicely.
GW
5% products discount

Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:02 am      Reply with quote
All I know is the prescription stuff I had (Tretinoin) made me very sore and sun exposure was a no-no! It didn't become anymore tolerable with time either. Can't recall what strength they gave me now.

Didn't help my acne either way so I stopped taking it.

I've always been very fit, very sporty and outdoors a lot so my sun exposure was very high versus say now that I'm an office worker.

Toleration will vary by life style I guess.

Third world NHS healthcare system won't prescribe it for SH anyway because "it's only cosmetic". At least at my surgery and I wouldn't pay for a private prescription. I couldn't even get prescribed roaccutane for very severe acne despite looking like a mutant and being unemployable in any job with human contact so that gives you some idea of how bad it is in this health authority!

Tried the much softer Retinol recently. Far more tolerable when applied at night, didn't help the SH either. Perhaps made the skin look nicer in general but no more than if I drank more water so I considered it over-priced for what it was.

I just haven't seen anyone say that either gets rid of SH.

That's the key.

I do not have SH. I don't want "a bit flatter", "an improvement", or "less visible".

I want the wart-like lumps gone.

I now have none.

That's why I don't recommend messing around with topicals as it's money for minor benefit when for the price of a six months worth of creams, you can be "cured" in terms of cosmetic outcome with physical destruction.

If people want to spend the money/have a competent healthcare system and can tolerate the side effects, then yeah give it ago. Worth a try and if their SH isn't severe to start with, "less visible" maybe enough to achieve the desired outcome. Wear your hats and use your sunscream to be safe!
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone
Not been on here for a while.
This thread has been running for years now and it seems there is still no absolute solution for SH unfortunately and i doubt there ever will be.
I have today been for my yearly ACP treatment and would guess i have have had about 30 treated . I have been told the majority of these were small.
I take great care of my skin but these things always come back ( not in the same places usually ). I personally dont use creams , oils etc as i dont believe they will eradicate SH. I have to agree with GW that for me destruction is the way to deal with them. Its 10 days of healing a year and then i forget about them. I dont stress anymore and the treatment is quick and fairly painless.
When i did try creams and oils, apple cider vinegar etc it was always disapointment and the constant mirror checking to see if it made a difference just stressed me out and made things worse.
If you live in the UK and can travel to the South then PM me and i will give you the details of an excellant practitioner who will deal with your SH and literally change your life ( my experience with him ). Sounds dramatic but if you have a lot of these i cant tell you how good it feels to be rid of them.
For the record i dont believe a cream or oil will ever eradicate SH. That is my opinion but i would love to be proved wrong.
Everybody on here is doing there best to deal with the problem , my experiences are well documented on here and until something groundbreaking comes to light i will continue the way i am.
Take care people, and keep the stress levels low.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hemp-
Glad you are doing what works for you!
it is so frustrating, and as you have said, stress makes them worse!
I agree, there isn't a cream or anything topical you can do to help.
Other than what my derm suggested, which was poking it with a tiny needle and dotting on the retin A. I have yet to try bc I don't have any!
Thanks for the update!
Stay safe and well everyone.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hey Hemp.

Did you have yours done by Andy at his new Skin-hub business again?

Having only 30 is fantastic! How long do your scabs take to come off?

We tried a setting of 24 today initially but I couldn't feel anything and she said that it wasn't doing anything. So we went back to 25 and that did the trick. However I find it takes more than 10 days for mine to heal and that's on the lowest setting that actually works on the SH.

I remember when you reported on your very first treatment, you said yours were quicker than that as you were at a social event 10 days later and no one noticed. Most of mine are healed by then but a few always take another week.

I must have had double what you had done today (that's what reminded me to check back here). 60 to 70 maybe.

I'd actually gone 6 months between treatments for the first time since I started having treatment in March 2018 though. Previously I'd gone quarterly but due to lockdown my May/June treatment was cancelled.

So in that sense I'm quite chuffed as the long term management is getting better.

I went to the same place as last time as it's only 35 minutes from my house. I'd like to see Andy again and money isn't the issue, but I just can't face driving down that awful A34. Don't think I've been down there even once without massive jams or it being closed and diversions in place.

Hope Andy is doing well and business is good.

My local place is good value though. £40 for 15 minutes and it seemed like she spent longer than that. My lady was taking the rules very seriously and all dressed up with a visor and mask. She said she also had longer gaps between patients to air the room.

She did say as she was doing it that she was having to look closely to distinguish SH from areas of hypopigmentation where the skin is lighter due to previous treatments.

As I said to her, I can't see that hypopigmentation but I could see the big wart-like lumps that used to be there so I know which I prefer!

Suspect some were unavoidable from having large SH removed, others might have been caused by that cowboy who did it when Andy left. But hey I can't see them so I don't care!!! SH are white, hypopigmentation is white. One protrudes and one doesn't!

I can't imagine a topical cream ever working. I mean the SH are just normal gland cells multiplying out of control. So in trying to prevent that, you would run into the same problems as cancer treatments in that you can't distinguish undesirable cells from good cells and end up destroying both.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I washed my face yesterday and realized my SH have just basically disappeared!
Trying to think about any radical changes I have made, not really any there.
But I have been taking a Zinc lozenge 15-25 mg with B & C every day for the past 3 months due to Covid. I think that may be the main item.
Also I have gotten back to using my IS Clinical Active Serum, love this stuff and it helps keep my skin clear. A little goes a long way!
https://www.essentialdayspa.com/is-clinical-active-serum-p_4199.htm
I have also been using this cream at night and it is my new holy grail!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQYQ537/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So not sure exactly, maybe a combo but I am pleased!

5% products discount

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ah zinc...

Not sure if I'd mentioned this in a previous post, but I did try zinc tablets at one point.

Back when I first started getting the lumps, I'd concluded they were warts (once I'd had the bumps 5 years+, I figured it wasn't skin cancer as I'd have known about it by then!) and following some Googling, I thought they were flat warts in particular.

The recommended treatment going around the web for that was taking zinc. That would boost the immune system which would eventually take over, and once it was actively going after the virus that causes the warts, they'd pretty much disappear over night.

That didn't seem to work for me, and it was when I was Googling a forum thread on flat warts, that I found an old post in that thread from a person saying "I thought I had flat warts but I went to a derm and they said it was actually Sebaceous Hyperplasia".

So convinced was I that I had flat warts, I just scrolled past it as being irrelevant. But then something nagged me in the back of my head so I quickly Googled pics of this unknown condition that I'd never heard of.

That was the eureka moment!

Easy to mix the two up.

Which makes me wonder about you taking zinc and then you seemingly having it clear up....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Seems to help! That and vitamin A and B. It wasn't overnight but like in a 3 month period or so. We started taking it to boost our immune systems against COVID.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys
Been away for a while which proves SH doesnt dominate my thoughts anymore.
GW yes i saw Andy and it was as professional as ever. What he does for me makes a huge difference to my life and im praying he will be around for a long time.
My SH are always quite small and 8_10 days is about right for me as far as healing goes. I think we use the same setting we have always done and i see no need to change it.
Annie R your comments are interesting, would you say that you had many SH before the zinc tablets ???
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |