Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
sebaceous hyperplasia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I prob had about 5-6. They are all flat now or just almost microscopic.
Same for any rosacea breakouts.
I was having a bad breakout for a bit so I started trying to figure out what the issue was. Stopped taking supplements, changed facial serums etc.
I had a new serum that caused a horrible reaction but figured out what it was and quit using it. It was the serum but I had used it many many times in the past so we think it was just a bad batch. When I stopped using it, it cleared up within a week or so.
After that, my skin calmed back down and resumed my Zinc. After a month or so, that's when I started to notice the difference.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Going back for more treatment next week.

Getting it in as I'm worried that it may all be banned for a few months after Xmas.

As well as a tiny bit of SH returning, I also have one of those thread veins/broken capillaries or whatever they are on the side of my nose and the electrolysis works great for that.

On the subject of zinc, I'm struggling to see how it could have any impact on SH.

It's usually recommended to boost the immune system but the immune system has no bearing on SH and I wouldn't expect people under 70 with healthy diets to have a problem there.

As I say, I tried the tablets and they did nothing.

But also I've been taking an acne treatment called Zineryt for 20 odd years now which is a zinc and antibiotic solution.

So there is absolutely no way my skin has been missing zinc!!!!!!! I've probably had more zinc than 99.99999% of the population and I still developed very bad SH!!! Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:22 am      Reply with quote
May not have any bearing on it at all.
Just trying to see what has been different in my regime that may cause my skin to react, positive or negative.
For me, Zinc is the only constant that I can think of. And since SH is actually an enlarged/overactive skin gland/pore (or so I have been told by my derm), Zinc helps keep that oil under control. She said Zinc can help acne in some people.
I know it has helped keep illness at bay this year!
Sounds like you have plenty in your diet though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everybody
This forum has been very quiet for 6 months now and with all thats been happening in the world im not entirely surprised.
I had my yearly diathermy treatment this morning and was wondering how everybody on here is doing.
Anyone tried any SH treatments or have anything to report. For myself it was the same as always, i still have them albeit small and i have had them zapped for want of a better word for another year.
Would be interested to hear peoples experiences with this stubborn annoying condition.
I still think im doing all that i can but i would love to crack the code for preventing these bumps from continually apearing.
Take care everybody.
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Spent a bit of time this morning googling SH and found this article.
I dont understand the technical jargon but if you read it all the way through SH is something that has been very sucessfully treated in trials.
Found another article where it was cited as maybe a breakthrough in treating SH

https://www.dermatologytimes.com/view/nano-pulse-stimulation-promising-skin-lesions
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Nano pulse stimulation for SH

https://www.pulsebiosciences.com/studies/#sebaceous-hyperplasia
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:05 am      Reply with quote
https://www.biospace.com/article/releases/pulse-biosciences-announces-fda-ide-approval-and-initiation-of-sebaceous-hyperplasia-study/
GW
5% products discount

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've still been having my treatments in between lockdowns.

Had my last one in late May, the previous one I snuck in on New Years Eve as I knew what was coming!

Had fewer lesions treated this time despite a 6 month gap rather than my usual 3 months.

A lot of what I have now on my main forehead area is just hypopigmentation from where I've had big ones removed and repeated treatment to eliminate them has left the skin lighter.

That new treatment sounds interesting although I know one link said that it was done under local anaesthesia. Maybe that's just a gel they apply, similar to what you can have for electrolysis.

I think the main thing of interest to me is whether the equipment will be affordable enough for local beauticians to perform the treatment.

If it's like laser, and restricted to expensive cosmetic clinicians, then it's not going to be an alternative to electrolysis for me. Especially as I'm not convinced that 6 months to a year later, it won't grow back at the same rate as it does after electrolysis.

If 95% of glands are permanently destroyed and will never regrow, then it's a cost benefit analysis and weighing it up against regular electrolysis. I mean if it's a grand a time, I'd just go out and buy my own ACP machine!!!!
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Yes i agree GW. I posted as it was something new.
Do you feel you are on top of the condition now , if i can get away with 1 treatment a year for the rest of my life i would take that i think.
5 days into healing now . I do love that feeling when the scabs fall off and the bumps have all gone.
GW
5% products discount

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I hope one day a tablet or topical could be developed that actually works, but I've resigned myself to the likelihood that it won't happen in my lifetime or at least until I'm so old that I don't care anymore! Laughing

I'd say I'm on top of mine yes. Took a few years to get there. Could probably go a year now between treatments. As I go away for a week twice a year though (or have time off at Xmas), I tend to just get it done twice a year anyway as it's cheap and it will mostly heal whilst I'm away.

That said, mine do take longer than yours. Most are gone in a week, some take a couple of weeks and occasionally one or two will take longer to fade entirely. That tends to be the really big ones.

If I look at my forehead closely under light, I do have little white dots where many that were treated resulted in a slight loss of pigmentation. You wouldn't notice talking to me though.

Better than having a face full of wart-like objects!

Sounds like yours are under control and maybe you just have smaller ones now, hence the faster healing. I remember your posts after your first treatment, where you were really pleased (and that filled me with optimism) but then they came back. I was just considering getting treatment at the time so it caused me a bit of anxiety as I'd hoped electrolysis would be the cure and started doubting it. But it looks like we both found the same pattern of the regrowth reducing with each subsequent treatment.
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Thats good to hear GW.I still believe the skin classic is the best available solution at this time and i am hugely grateful to have access to it.

I wanted to mention that there is now a very actice facebook group if anyone is interested.
Just type sebacious hyperplasia in the facebook search and join to view it.

It gets a lot more hits than this forum.
GW
5% products discount

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:59 am      Reply with quote
So I just had another treatment.

Interesting that she nailed quite a lot of them today. She found some I didn't know I had and I'm surprised at the number of white dots I have now. It's like the old days!

I think after the cowboy did that bad treatment a couple of years ago (incredibly painful and took the longest time to heal), the one positive was that he really hit them hard and went so deep that it really put the condition on hold for years.

With all the soft treatments I've had since (less painful than Andy's), I think gradually they are catching up with me a bit and I'm back to higher numbers being treated.

Although I nip them in the bud when they are invisible to others. So I can tell when one is forming before it really stands out from from the skin. Just from the slight discolouration etc. I haven't had a wart-type lump or anything close since I was first treated in March 18.

I just joined that group by the way. Hope I got the right one. Had about 800 members and had to request to join.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Thats good to know! Hope they have good insight to share.
Ill have to check into it.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Currently at the worst point of the healing!

For those who haven't had electrolysis, the wounds tend to be dish shaped. So as the skin grows out, the shallow edges tend to fully heal quicker than the deeper centre.

That leaves you with horrible flaky scabs that are peeling up on the edges, and look like they should drop off, but are still firmly attached in the centre.

I do find a lot get knocked off in the shower or when patting dry (I obviously don't rub my face dry!). That leaves a small semi healed spot that has to scab up again to the complete the healing. Or sometimes they aren't deep enough to scab and they just stay pinkish and gradually fade.

Anyway hope that's useful to someone to know for when they have it. This is probably my last post here as that group Hemp recommended is more active for SH talk.

I know this board was very helpful for me in the dark days before my first treatment, and reading hemps experience as he was going through the process a year or so ahead of me was invaluable.

Hopefully I've since added some useful information for those who come later, and might also be seeking advice answers.

Well maybe I will be back, maybe not. If not, was nice knowing you!
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your input GW and its nice to hear my experiences were helpful to you.
The facebook group has many many more hits than this forum and its interesting to hear other peoples views.
SH is a slow burner and it takes a while to at 1st realise you have a problem and even longer to accept there is no cure. The skin classic treatment was a gamechanger for me and i think i will be doing once a year treatments for most of my remaining years.
However it doesnt bother me like it used to, they are under control as well as they can be and worrying and stressing only makes things worse.
This thread gave me hope in my dark days to, just knowing others are in the same boat was strangely reassuring .
Join the facebook group as well people if you havent, lots of info and like minded people to chat to and that in itself is very comforting.
Markp

Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm very late to this thread.
I'm male, 38,and ever since I was about 15 I've had what I've called very textured skin. I've only realised a few months back that this is sebaceous hyperplasia, so I'm going through the upset many of you have with the realisation of all this, even though nothings actually changed! Very stressful reading. However it's been helpful here, and I basically just registered to chip in something that I found helpful.
As I mentioned I've had skin issues since my teens, namely incredibly oily skin, it was awful, I could see beads of oil on my skin after less than an hour washing it, going 6 hours I'd be absolutely dripping with it, I've heard of people having oily skin but nothing like that.
Anyway, in 2013 - 2014 in my late 20s I solved that issue more or less, I imagine it's the reason most of my sh appeared (looking at old photos I can see many of these have actually been there for a long long time unchanged).
To reduce my oil production all I did was eat more fat. Sounds strange, I've no idea why it worked, but as part of a health kick I worked out my daily intake of protein, then of dietary fat. I was getting only about 25g per day of fat. I added in 10g a day of nuts (walnuts initially), over the next 2 weeks my skin got oilier and oilier, but suddenly it reduced! I was very puzzled, to me skin oils must be made of fats, so convinced was I that it can't be linked that I stopped eating the extra fats. Some weeks (can't recall how many) later the sebum production increased, and I took that as proof, added back in the extra 10g walnuts, had two very oily weeks before it returned to a very nearly "normal person" level. 9 years later and not had to worry about that again.
Maybe it'll help someone anyway, tot up your average intake of fats, any type, crisps, olive oil, beef, anything, if it's low then try upping your intake. Thanks, Mark
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Mark!
That's a very interesting observation.
I do really love walnuts so that is something to try. This issue does involve oil glands so maybe when they have less oil, they work harder to compensate?
Who knows but I'm willing to give it a try.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:23 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Welcome Mark!
I do really love walnuts so that is something to try. This issue does involve oil glands so maybe when they have less oil, they work harder to compensate?

Please let me know how you get on, just remember if you find yourself extra oily for a couple of weeks that I'd take that as a good sign. If you have time I'd try work out how much fat you think you're getting in your diet on a typical day, if it's already plenty, maybe 40 or 50g then it's probably not the solution you you, saying that I really hope it is, it's so counter intuitive but I'd love to hear its helped someone else! Take care, Mark
Markp

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Markp wrote:
AnnieR wrote:
Welcome Mark!

Please let me know how you get on, just remember if you find yourself extra oily for a couple of weeks that I'd take that as a good sign. If you have time I'd try work out how much fat you think you're getting in your diet on a typical day, if it's already plenty, maybe 40 or 50g then it's probably not the solution you you, saying that I really hope it is, it's so counter intuitive but I'd love to hear its helped someone else! Take care, Mark

Sorry I can't figure out how to edit my posts, so just going to add this here, after I looked at AnnieRs history (hopefully don't sound like a stalker), I also, like her, suffer adult acne/type 2 rosacea, in fact I think it's some of those pustules that maybe leave behind a hyperplasia. Although my skin improved when it got less oily from the increased fat intake it wasn't a miracle for breakouts like I imagined. However since September last year I've been taking 50mg vit b6, just a cheap no brand one, every other day, and it's done more for me that ivermectin ever did, roughly 80 percent less spots. The last 4 months have been amazing for lack of breakouts, pretty much helped straight away. Please share that info if it helps anyone. I've tried hundreds of things over the last 2 decades, fancy creams, minerals and vitamins, which I document and basically pray it'll help, but increased fat intake and b6 are the only two game changers I've found, neither seem referenced online anywhere really, so maybe I'm unique but I just want it online incase these things can help anyone!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:25 am      Reply with quote
No, thats important to do. In replying to people you sometimes need to take into account skin types, areas they live in etc.There is so much valuable knowledge here to share. Not as much as when the post runners started posting statements that aren't helpful such as, me too, sounds good etc. (If you don't have anything USEFUL to ask or add, just lurk with the best of us haha.)
Having said that, this has been a thread that I follow closely as its one that goes back a long way and we are still all trying to find something that works. Some things work for some and lasers work for most, just pricier and harder to find someone who can do the treatment.
I'm going to try the Vitmin B6. Not sure if I have tried it long-term in the past, although I am a fan of the B vitamins in general.
Ill certainly update!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Ive order my Vitamin B6 and it comes in today. In the meantime I did a little research on it and it sounds like a good addition. I ordered the 100 mg. but I may cut that back to 50 as you are doing. Ill keep you posted.

Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:51 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Ive order my Vitamin B6 and it comes in today. In the meantime I did a little research on it and it sounds like a good addition. I ordered the 100 mg. but I may cut that back to 50 as you are doing. Ill keep you posted.

Did you find either had any impact?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I was just about to post! Gave it a few weeks to start to work.
Seems like it is starting to help a bit. Not any new ones and the older ones are still there. But I think they will always be, just a little flatter.

Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:04 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I was just about to post! Gave it a few weeks to start to work.
Seems like it is starting to help a bit. Not any new ones and the older ones are still there. But I think they will always be, just a little flatter.

Sounds reasonable!
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone I was a poster on the SH thread years ago. I finally found something that is working for me. In January of this year I started using the Sunday Riley kit with Retinoids. Every month I added more of their products. My SH has gone down significantly due to the RA. They also have something called "Martian" that is a 'toner' but really uses a clay base to soak up oil. These items and their H2O oil (green one) have helped me get the bumps down to just a few. I've done a 15% Salicylic peel from MUAC and that helps also. The key as you know is sucking up the oil.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |