Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
How to get a red LED panel for cheap (uh, VERY cheap)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Chasemom - have you read this thread?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30129&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just read it. Good grief, lol! Maybe I should just save for a facelift Smile.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
chasemom wrote:

LOL!! If you're looking for a home-use device that has more oomph - have you considered the Philips ReAura or Tria Lasers?

5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Okay--Why do some boxes say LightStim for Wrinkles
and some say LightStim for Anti-Aging? Are they the same thing?

Scratch that question. I guess just the handles are a bit different.
chasemom
5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
chasemom wrote:

LOL!! If you're looking for a home-use device that has more oomph - have you considered the Philips ReAura or Tria Lasers?

They don't sell them in the USA. Do they?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
chasemom wrote:
Keliu wrote:
chasemom wrote:

They don't sell them in the USA. Do they?

No but some people are using a forwarding company for the Tria and for the ReAura if you know someone in the UK you can get them to ship it to you. Bethany has someone I think on eBay that she bought a new one from. I pretty sure he has other new ones for sale also. So there is that option too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was searching for some powerful LEDs and came across this:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/component-leds/5mm-yellow-led-15-degree-viewing-angle-5600-mcd/291/1218/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=base&utm_content=RL5-Y5615&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseChild&gclid=CJvh75SjwbQCFVCd4Aod734ATw

This LED is amber and a wavelength of 593... The power of one LED is 150 mW! not sure if it's input or output...and it costs less than 25 cents! 4 of these LEDs should provide 600 mW/cm2!

They also sell red LEds in wavelength 631: http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/component-leds/5mm-red-led-15-degree-viewing-angle-5000-mcd/282/

and many more colors....

There is a lot more tech info there, may be someone knowledgeable in this field could figure that out...
chasemom
5% products discount

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Yams wrote:
Besides this, Most manufacturers use the standard ''bullet'' type LEDS and they are the same.
They have an emissive output power of 0,010 to 0.015 Watt (10 to 15 mW) per LED and usual spacing is 2 leds per cm2 (20 to 30mw/cm2!)... NOT 240mw/cm2...

Information: http://heelspurs.com/led.html

Really good find on the website Yam. Lots of information. He does sell a LED unit. Below are the specs.

This is a 90 LED unit, with 45 red (660 nm) and 45 infrared (850 nm) LEDs in a 2.5 x 2.5 inch array providing 250 mW/cm^2 pulses. It is very powerful, requiring a 15-watt power supply and cooling fan to keep the LED array from getting hot. The strength and pulsing method should make it 5 times faster in getting a full treatment than other LED devices. Shoulder, back, neck, knee, and heel injuries can be treated in about 10 minutes with an immediate reduction in pain (typically from an 8 to a 2). Just send it back within a month to get a refund if you are not happy with it.

He is using this unit for healing injuries but I would think it would work for wrinkles. It does have a fan.

ETA: This unit is $180 so it is cheaper then The Prolight.

ETA again, when I click on this to order it it won't let you order it so maybe he's not selling them anymore.

http://heelspurs.com/cgi-bin/c/store/commerce.cgi?cart_id=2603823.9053

I heard from Scott (at heelspurs). This unit pulses, so he said to figure it differently: "The pulses are on for only 1/5 the time, so it takes 5 times longer.... It's 50 mW/cm^2." This is still quite a powerful unit.I believe Scott has changed his stance on the pulsing. In his newer articles, he has updated that he believes the pulsing may be beneficial--at least with injuries.
chasemom
5% products discount

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
chasemom wrote:
daler wrote:
chasemom wrote:
I saw Scott's (from the heelspurs site) LED unit a few days ago, but you can't get them right now. I just heard from him today and he expects to have some available in March. I asked him a bunch of other questions, too, and am hoping to hear back. I also presented Rita with the question about the cooling device for her ProLight. I trust she has a good answer. I really liked her on the phone. I will share any information I get with you.

Meanwhile, my Christmas/birthday present came today Smile! It is a full sized Richway Bio-Mat--a body sized infrared mat. I am laying on it right now and loving it. I think this is as close to heaven as it gets here on earth!

Hi Chasemom, I was wondering if you asked Rita regarding 240 mw/cm2 or so being the input or output power? Thank you

I emailed her. Yes. I have not heard back, yet, though.

Hmmm....Still, nothing from Rita Sad. I have left phone messages and emails. Maybe she is on vacation? Anyhow, I am pretty sure now that the 240mW/cm2 can't be the output delivered. It just does not make sense in light of what LEDman has said. 37mW/cm2, or less, seems more likely. I think YAMS may have been right.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
In case you are not aware of Warp.

http://www.warp-light.com/video.html

Go to the the above link and check you the video with the title of:

"How does WARP compare to other LED devices?"
chasemom
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I just talked to Rita from ProLight. She stood by her claim of 240mW/cm2 for the red-infrared unit (emissive power, I clarified) and she said no cooling unit is needed. She said no cooling unit is needed unless the unit is "entirely closed, sealed off." Also, the joule range she gave me for the red/infrared unit was 8-11 joules per area in thirty seconds (not one). When I told her what the LEDman said, she said that is not true unless the unit is "completely sealed off" Confused. Me thinks one of them is wrong--not saying which Smile.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
chasemom wrote:
Hi,
I just talked to Rita from ProLight. She stood by her claim of 240mW/cm2 for the red-infrared unit (emissive power, I clarified) and she said no cooling unit is needed. She said no cooling unit is needed unless the unit is "entirely closed, sealed off." Also, the joule range she gave me for the red/infrared unit was 8-11 joules per area in thirty seconds (not one). When I told her what the LEDman said, she said that is not true unless the unit is "completely sealed off" Confused. Me thinks one of them is wrong--not saying which Smile.

wow, 8 to 11 jules per area in 30 secs is amazing if it's true.. the one I have ( green led boughtfrom a different source) gives 1 to 2 joules per area in one minute...

also, why would a device be completely sealed if it has to come with a cooling mechanism, why not everyone makes an unsealed device??!!
chasemom
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
chasemom wrote:
Hi,

wow, 8 to 11 jules per area in 30 secs is amazing if it's true.. the one I have ( green led boughtfrom a different source) gives 1 to 2 joules per area in one minute...

also, why would a device be completely sealed if it has to come with a cooling mechanism, why not everyone makes an unsealed device??!!

It really does not make sense--which is making me lean more towards Scott's (heelspurs) explanation that this amount of power is not possible. Meanwhile, I picked up a LightStim on Ebay/ I have used it 5 times now. I guess we will see how that goes for a while.
jenncapo

Wed May 01, 2013 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a red and blue led panel and don't think I'm going to worry about the blinking. What is the recommended frequency and duration for a panel that does not blink? I really appreciate your advice and info on youtube.
jenncapo

Wed May 01, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a red and blue led panel and don't think I'm going to worry about the blinking. What is the recommended frequency and duration for a panel that does not blink? I really appreciate your advice and info on youtube.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 3:48 am      Reply with quote
jenncapo, please please please update us and let us know how you think it's working!!
akami
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have been comparing Joules of a few devices.

StarLite claim power of 105 mW for the red light and 55 mW for infrared. That is pretty high for a home device isn't it? For a 20 minute treatment this should be 126 Joules if I calculate it right. They recommend two 20 minutes treatments a week. Looking up some research, this is exactly what they found to be effective, using Omnilux Revive. I saw a study was done where 125 J for red and 55 for infrared was found to be effective for skin rejuvenation.

LightStim states the power output of 65 mW (from what I found, not on their website).

What is confusing is that I also read that the recommended safe and effective range for home LED treatments is between 4 and 8 joules per treatment (this according to NASA research).

So is it 4-8 J or 124/55 J? That is a huge difference! Which one is it? Since most doctor office treatments provide higher output, wouldn't it be more likely that the 125 J is the way to go? And in that case, why aren't more people using StarLite which seems to have the highest output of the home devices I have seen so far. I am very surprised that I hardly ever hear StarLite mentioned on the forum, doesn't seem like a popular device, don't see much about it on the web in general. If their power output is as they state, it would seem comparable to office treatments, so why aren't people using it more?

This is all so confusing.
akami
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw that ProLight states the power of 240 mW? Wow, that is even higher than StaraLite. Another device to consider, I didn't even hear of that one till now.
grandmajuju
5% products discount

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:09 am      Reply with quote
akami wrote:
I just saw that ProLight states the power of 240 mW? Wow, that is even higher than StaraLite. Another device to consider, I didn't even hear of that one till now.

Very interesting akami, all this talk is making me crosseyed! I think I'm just gonna sign up for planet fitness to use the LED beds there LOL

Hopefully someone has some more information on the ProLight
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am      Reply with quote
grandmajuju wrote:
akami wrote:

Very interesting akami, all this talk is making me crosseyed! I think I'm just gonna sign up for planet fitness to use the LED beds there LOL

Hopefully someone has some more information on the ProLight

We compared the ProLight to other LEDS in 2008 I think...it was definitely one of the strongest of the bunch, and I bought one myself. I later sold it though...just too time consuming for me.

If you do a search here on EDS you will find the info.

ETA: use ProLight as the search term, and either me or mpstat as the author. That should help narrow it down.
akami
5% products discount

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Why would ProLight be time consuming? Since it is so powerful it shouldn't have to be used for long and not every day. Seems like it would be the way to go for shorter treatments?

And what about StarLite? I am very interested in that one, since the power output seems exactly the same as the study I found done with professional Omnilux revive, with good results. If their stated output is correct, it is a really good device for a decent price. I haven't looked into ProLight so I don't know how much it is or what the treatment time recommendations are.
Mangnolia

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I watched your youtube video about that red led panel. It was very interesting, thanks! Surprised I looked for some led panels from few famous web stores but they are bit expensive for my budged (shipping too). But then I found this gadged from a..zon and from e..y: 24 led strobe light disco party light. You can google it. There are many colors to choose. But about the red one: it has 650nm red leds. Flashing/blinking is adjustable. It blinks 10 times/1 second. In some reviews on a..zon people says that the light is not very strong. So I think it is not like laser light which is good. So what do you think about this kind of flashing red light for skin care?
(I sent this same message to your youtube video comments too- how to get red led panel... There are those webstore names where I found this disco light.)
exotic.intoxication
5% products discount

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I am starting to think that the strength/joules is not as important as people think. I have bought an LED panel that is the same as the NORLANYA Photon Therapy Facial Salon Machine on Amazon. I bought it because I didn't want to have to move a device around my face for an hour as with some devices and plus it has blue light for acne for my partner.

I bought this device based on positive reviews that I had read (I investigated all the reviews too to make sure they were legitimate reviews), including one person who said " I am seeing MUCH better results with this unit compared to the Baby Quasar handheld I used in the past".

I don't know the joules per cm2, but at 25W output and the LEDs spaced widely apart (although there is reflective material around them) I doubt the joules is that high. The machine definitely feels bright enough to do something (I've had Omnilux revive in the past before and this device feels comparable), but I have only used it twice and can't say much about it's efficacy yet. I do believe it's helping with my dark circles though, because they look almost invisible the day after using this!

I will update in future. I love how this is handsfree, I just lie it down on my face while I am lying in bed and relax and do the programs. I am going to start doing my legs while watching tv/on the computer in future to hopefully fade some ugly dark pigmentation scars I have there.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:57 am      Reply with quote
great tip.Thanks Christine!
Firbolgbred
5% products discount

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
exotic.intoxication wrote:
I am starting to think that the strength/joules is not as important as people think. I have bought an LED panel that is the same as the NORLANYA Photon Therapy Facial Salon Machine on Amazon. I bought it because I didn't want to have to move a device around my face for an hour as with some devices and plus it has blue light for acne for my partner.

I bought this device based on positive reviews that I had read (I investigated all the reviews too to make sure they were legitimate reviews), including one person who said " I am seeing MUCH better results with this unit compared to the Baby Quasar handheld I used in the past".

I don't know the joules per cm2, but at 25W output and the LEDs spaced widely apart (although there is reflective material around them) I doubt the joules is that high. The machine definitely feels bright enough to do something (I've had Omnilux revive in the past before and this device feels comparable), but I have only used it twice and can't say much about it's efficacy yet. I do believe it's helping with my dark circles though, because they look almost invisible the day after using this!

I will update in future. I love how this is handsfree, I just lie it down on my face while I am lying in bed and relax and do the programs. I am going to start doing my legs while watching tv/on the computer in future to hopefully fade some ugly dark pigmentation scars I have there.

Hi exotic.intoxication,
How did things go with the LED panel? Do you feel any difference? Is it working for your partner?
I was eyeing those Norlanya panels for a while and would love to know your verdict.

Thanks,

Fi
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |