Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

at home device to tighten sagging skin, any recommendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Letsfaceit welcome wave
Havana posted at the same time I was writing this! Thanks Havana and I am adding one more device to the mix! Very Happy
As you can tell I am crazy about microcurrent and I have numerous devices. My results may or may not be from getting a foundation of treatments from a professional machine the Beautiful Image. I use several approaches so not sure that I know exactly what is kicking in the most. I started with Nuface in a serious way 2011, loved it and couldn't believe that I didn't give it a fair trial when I bought it five years ago. Anyway that spurred me on to try some professional treatments which lead to me getting a professional machine. I have also recently gotten a wonderful unit called the Pico toner by Neurotris. It is my latest thrill and I have been using it for three months. This unit is a glove unit that can do your entire body without gels, only a spray.....so convenient. I have noticed a real change in the texture of the tops of my hands and a particular issue at the base of my neck(collar bone area). I noticed when I would lean closer to the mirror to put on eye liner(I would stick my neck out like a chicken Laughing I would see the skin tighten like a lack of elasticity) Once I straighten up it disappeared. Anyway I noticed the other day it is gone absolutely gone no matter what position my neck is in. Also other areas that looked like aging was creeping in are much improved. I notice greater lift with the face as well. So whatever is kicking in I am grateful.
https://www.photofacialmachines.com/catalog/neurotris-pico-toner%C2%AE%E2%84%A2-personal-face-body-toner/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKhHMVc4jU
I would LOVE to see Philip(PQ) review this unit!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:39 am      Reply with quote
O Toby-I just had a look at this device and I Want This!! I shall see .This little gadget looks fabulous and I can take it with me when travelling. I only wonder-where do you buy replacement spray? I could not find it anywhere ,or can you use plain water?
Thank you

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:54 am      Reply with quote
ellenk wrote:
O Toby-I just had a look at this device and I Want This!! I shall see .This little gadget looks fabulous and I can take it with me when travelling. I only wonder-where do you buy replacement spray? I could not find it anywhere ,or can you use plain water?
Thank you

You first start by wetting the gloves and a spray comes along with it that you spray 15 squirts per glove for an entire session. The spray lasts a long time and it can be purchased from either link I posted. I would advise someone interested in ordering this unit to order extra sprays simply because of added shipping with one bottle of spray later. This unit is first class, not cheap and works like a dream with the signature microcurrent wave. There is a treatment program for 20 min for lift and another program for collagen production that is 20min. You are suppose to use one program one day and another the next. I have a friend that got this unit and she hasn't used anything but this unit and declares major lift and tightness in her face and body. She is 53.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, Toby, for your fast reply. I shall sleep over it first

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
This looks like a 'must have'. Thanks so much for the review Toby.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have also recently gotten a wonderful unit called the Pico toner by Neurotris. It is my latest thrill and I have been using it for three months. This unit is a glove unit that can do your entire body without gels, only a spray.....so convenient. I have noticed a real change in the texture of the tops of my hands and a particular issue at the base of my neck(collar bone area). I noticed when I would lean closer to the mirror to put on eye liner(I would stick my neck out like a chicken Laughing I would see the skin tighten like a lack of elasticity) Once I straighten up it disappeared. Anyway I noticed the other day it is gone absolutely gone no matter what position my neck is in. Also other areas that looked like aging was creeping in are much improved. I notice greater lift with the face as well. So whatever is kicking in I am grateful.
https://www.photofacialmachines.com/catalog/neurotris-pico-toner%C2%AE%E2%84%A2-personal-face-body-toner/

I would LOVE to see Philip(PQ) review this unit!

Hi Toby, how does the Neurotris PICO device compare to the Beautiful Image? Do you think you get the same results? It would be a more cost effective option.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby, when you say it uses signature microcurrent, do you mean the same microcurrent your Beautiful Image machine uses? Would the Pico be a lot less powerful than your professional machine?
I really like the idea of using gloves. I want to give microcurrent a try. I'm tired of waiting for Nancy to come out with her device.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby, Can you tell us where the unit and gloves are made? Thank you.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I just discovered that the CACI Microlift will be available for shippping to the US in a week. Now I am not sure if the Microlift or the Neurotris Pico would be a better purchase. They cost about the same. Smile
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Caci-it gives you a nice lift,but targets only a few areas and for me it is rather a gadget which helps to maintain previous professional Microcurrent treatments. I think that the Pico toner is better as it tones the entire face. I have purchased a machine from Ebay and I am using it but I am not sure about the settings and it is time consuming. I have to see how to get the money together and purchase the Pico. I am in the UK , so additional costs (Tax) will apply. I told my husband (it's my birthday soon), but does he get it? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:52 am      Reply with quote
For those of you wanting some background on microcurrent this my help.
Microcurrent facial technologyMicrocurrent has been called the nonsurgical, or lunchtime face lift, and is a safe and effective, low-cost treatment that counteracts environmental damage, aging skin and poor dietary habits, without invasive surgery. Yet few skin care professionals offer the treatment on their menu. Why?
According to microcurrent expert, esthetician and trainer, Jane Mann, of Skinworks in Las Vegas, “Microcurrent represents a huge missed opportunity for licensed estheticians. Many dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas are not interested in microcurrent; they prefer lasers, injectables or surgery. For the esthetician, microcurrent can be the ultimate anti-aging tool.”
What is microcurrent?Microcurrent technology is a low-level electrical current that mimics the body’s own biological current. Despite its low electrical vibration—one millionth of an amp—microcurrent treatments are very effective. It helps increase protein synthesis, promote waste removal, stimulate healing, regenerate tissue, balance free radical damage, boost cell growth, enhance natural collagen and elastin production, provide circulatory benefits, and work directly on the nerves and muscle fibers. Its mild frequency does not stimulate sensory nerves, is pain-free and causes no client discomfort.
Also known as facial toning, microcurrent is an esthetic treatment that physically firms and tones the skin through muscle re-education. This process, according to the online article “ATP and Cellular Ageing” by David Suzuki, is achieved by stimulating 32 of the 53 facial muscles at traditional acupuncture points with tiny amounts of electricity to re-energize their biological currents and re-establish muscle memory. The result can be a reduction of fine lines, creases and wrinkles; restored healthy glow of youthful skin; visible firming, contouring and lifting; and the tightening of sagging jowls, double chins and fatty cheeks.
Microcurrent and ATPAs people age, the body’s biological current and chemical energy slows down, cellular renewal takes longer and skin cells stop performing efficiently. This leads to multiple skin problems: loss of tone, elasticity and firmness; fine lines; wrinkles; sagging—all signs of aging. Microcurrent can help reverse this process by re-energizing the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP
According to the Suzuki article, ATP, known as the “current of life” or “molecular currency,” is the only energy molecule that the body will accept and utilize as energy. This includes all cellular activity, DNA replication, regeneration and healing, collagen and elastin synthesis, neurotransmission and muscle contraction.
Without ATP, the human body does not function effectively and will eventually deteriorate. Yet, the body does not store ATP; rather it is manufactured on an as-needed basis via ATP synthesis mostly in the mitochondria of the cell. Therefore, the impact of microcurrent to increase levels of ATP is significant. Emil Y. Chi, PhD, director of the University of Washington’s department of pathology, performed clinical studies using microcurrent equipment. He notes, “The fact that technology works in harmony with the body is evident. Examination of the skin tissue treated with microcurrent showed a 45% increase in the number of elastin fibres in the dermis, and the length if the fibres on average doubled. The collagen thickness in the connective tissues increased 10%, and the numbers of blood vessels increased by 35%. The application of microcurrent to skin and tissue produced a firmer and tighter feeling on the skin surface.”
How does microcurrent work?Knowing how microcurrent technology affects ATP is vital for the success of the treatment, and that means understanding the dynamics of microcurrent’s electrical current, waveform, frequency and polarities.
Electrical current. Microcurrent is measured in microamperes, or µA, which are extremely tiny electrical currents. Microcurrent intensity levels can range from 25–600 µA. A 1982 study called “The effects of electric currents on ATP generation, protein synthesis and membrane transport of rat skin” by Cheng et al., proves that at 500 microamps, ATP generation in the mitochondria increased about 500% and amino acid transport increased by 30–40%. The study also indicated that when currents were increased above 500 microamps, ATP generation was depleted, amino acid uptake was reduced by 20–73% and protein synthesis was inhibited by as much as 50%.
Variety of waveforms. The type of waveform used in microcurrent varies, depending on the area of treatment. Studies indicate that a modified square waveform is best for muscle-lifting, while a slope waveform is better for collagen-building. Other microcurrent waveforms include square and sawtooth.
Microcurrent frequency. “Each cell, tissue and organ has an ideal resonant frequency that coordinates its activities,” says James Oschman, PhD,of Nature’s Own Research Association in Dover, New Hampshire. Microcurrent frequency (Hz) levels can range from 0.1–1,000 Hz. Specific frequencies induce specific effects on cells and other tissues. In the skin, there is a specific frequency for the epidermis and dermis, collagen production and muscles. There is also a specific frequency for each condition, such as inflammation, scars and secretions. Knowing what microcurrent frequency to use is vital for the treatment to resonate and be effective.
Microcurrent polarities. Microcurrent is a biphasic current that alternates between positive and negative using a variety of different tools. These tools can include gloves, probes, rods, pins, wands or masks. Used properly, they enable you to lengthen contracted muscles, as well as shorten elongated muscles, using a series of contouring movements.
According to the aforementioned Chi study, microcurrent can also encourage iontophoresis, or deep penetration of water-based skin care products, increasing the absorption rate of their beneficial ingredients to as much as 70%. It is important to not use oil-based products with microcurrent because they inhibit current flow.
Microcurrent applicationsBecause microcurrent stimulates the production of ATP, it can be used to treat virtually any skin condition and can be added to any treatment protocol. Microcurrent brings relief to clients with acne by aiding in the elimination of the Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) bacteria, and in the reduction of acne scarring. For clients with fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, baggy eyes and an overall loss of definition, microcurrent can be used as a stand-alone treatment or combined with LED, microdermabrasion or chemical peels to accelerate the reappearance of youthful, beautiful skin. Contraindications for microcurrent include, but are not limited to, heart problems, pacemakers, pregnancy and implanted metal rods.
Clients must be advised to drink additional water before the treatment to allow for proper conductivity of current, and since lymph drainage is activated with microcurrent, clients will feel nauseous if they do not drink a sufficient amount of water after the treatment. Although you can work on any area of the body, do not work on a client for longer than 90 minutes to prevent overloading their system with the stored toxins in their body that will be released. Microcurrent will continue to stimulate ATP levels for 70 hours after treatment. For this reason, it is suggested that you perform the treatment no more than once every three days. Additional treatments will not hurt the client, but are unnecessary. More current is not better and can actually decrease ATP levels because of the overstimulation of cells, so do not tamper with the machine to increase frequency above the manufacturer’s suggested levels.
ResultsAccording to the website of Jeremy E. Kaslow, MD, results can vary by individual and skin type, are gradual, and will not just happen overnight. Some clients notice a difference after the first treatment; others may notice it after three or four treatments. The effect is cumulative, becoming more pronounced after each treatment. The skin and facial muscles become noticeably tighter and more toned with each treatment. About 60–80% of the changes created in one treatment last for the next four to seven days. However, if not treated regularly, the muscles may return to their former configuration.
Although the number of treatments in a series will vary depending on the client’s desired results, the type of equipment used and the complexity of condition, a guideline would be twice per week for the first month, once per week for the second month, or until desired result is achieved, and then once every four to six weeks for maintenance. Although it may be tempting for clients to neglect their check-up visit, gravity, toxins, illness and natural aging will eventually deplete the ATP stockpile if not properly stimulated, so you should emphasize the importance of follow-through to maintain results.
In summation, microcurrent is a versatile device that should be in every skin care professional’s tool box. It offers unlimited possibilities, yet is currently underutilized in the skin care industry. Are you ready to embrace this technology and gain a competitive edge?
General References
“ATP and Cellular Ageing” by David Suzuki,www.bodyclinic.com.au/docs/ATP%20and%20Cellular%20Ageing.pdf www.novusresearch.com/research/microcurrents.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

This unit is first class, not cheap and works like a dream with the signature microcurrent wave.

Hi Toby, Thank you for the interesting background information. Can you please tell me what you mean by signature microcurrent wave? Does the Neurotris have have the modified square waveform? Thanks for your help.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I just discovered that the CACI Microlift will be available for shippping to the US in a week. Now I am not sure if the Microlift or the Neurotris Pico would be a better purchase. They cost about the same. Smile

Caci home use device has not received any wow reviews so far...
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Caci home use device has not received any wow reviews so far...

Hi daler, I really was expecting to hear more great things about it since they are one of the leaders in this type of technology. But, you're right, not many good reviews. Especially not from people on this forum, whose opinions I rely on.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
just wondering if someone has done both, face exercises as well as microcurrent.. how are their effects different? or are they the same....
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
just wondering if someone has done both, face exercises as well as microcurrent.. how are their effects different? or are they the same....

I have done both and for me the results of microcurrent are far better. I tried all of the facial ex. programs discussed on this forum and would have success it seemed at first but six months down the road I would have a gaunt look under the cheeks, cords appearing on the neck, and under eye issues(wrinkling). I worked with trainers, and program developers and all were wonderful and helpful but I never got the result I was after. A year ago I decided to totally drop facial exercises and give microcurrent a whirl. My neck now is looking good without any sign of cords, under eyes better, plumpness to my face and lift. For me, this works and works well. When I did facial ex. I would lift one area and another seemed to bunch up, with microcurrent it is all smoothed out and skin is plumped. I gave facial exercises about 6 yrs.so I think by that amount of time I should have ironed out issues..it just didn't produce the desired results that I have gotten with microcurrent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
daler wrote:

I have done both and for me the results of microcurrent are far better. I tried all of the facial ex. programs discussed on this forum and would have success it seemed at first but six months down the road I would have a gaunt look under the cheeks, cords appearing on the neck, and under eye issues(wrinkling). I worked with trainers, and program developers and all were wonderful and helpful but I never got the result I was after. A year ago I decided to totally drop facial exercises and give microcurrent a whirl. My neck now is looking good without any sign of cords, under eyes better, plumpness to my face and lift. For me, this works and works well. When I did facial ex. I would lift one area and another seemed to bunch up, with microcurrent it is all smoothed out and skin is plumped. I gave facial exercises about 6 yrs.so I think by that amount of time I should have ironed out issues..it just didn't produce the desired results that I have gotten with microcurrent.

Toby, are you a PR person for MC???.. just kidding, lol... u r so convincing.. I am pretty happy with what F exercises has done for me but still I would like my cheeks n under eye areas to appear healthier/fuller... so I think a MC device is on my list next, just need to figure out which one to get...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have seriously considered a career change because of the success I have had with microcurrent. For me this really works, others may find success with using a combination of facial ex. and microcurrent. I think my years with facial exercise prepared me to understand my face and what I needed to focus on with my microcurrent treatments...so it has been a journey and truly one thing has lead to another.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have seriously considered a career change because of the success I have had with microcurrent. For me this really works, others may find success with using a combination of facial ex. and microcurrent. I think my years with facial exercise prepared me to understand my face and what I needed to focus on with my microcurrent treatments...so it has been a journey and truly one thing has lead to another.

hehe, cool.. so does this machine comes with all the instructions and what current to choose for different purposes, sorry I am not v familiar with MC but i know its kinda complicated:

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
The gloves are super easy and there is a dvd as well as a manual.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oiKhHMVc4jU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

great, thank you, yes I am loving the gloves....it's like MC on one's finger tips!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

The glove unit has two programs that you can use and only need to choose the intensity level...don't have to select the microamps...they are programed in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
For those of you wanting some background on microcurrent this my help.
Microcurrent facial technologyMicrocurrent has been called the nonsurgical, or lunchtime face lift, and is a safe and effective, low-cost treatment that counteracts environmental damage, aging skin and poor dietary habits, without invasive surgery. Yet few skin care professionals offer the treatment on their menu. Why?
According to microcurrent expert, esthetician and trainer, Jane Mann, of Skinworks in Las Vegas, “Microcurrent represents a huge missed opportunity for licensed estheticians. Many dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas are not interested in microcurrent; they prefer lasers, injectables or surgery. For the esthetician, microcurrent can be the ultimate anti-aging tool.”
What is microcurrent?Microcurrent technology is a low-level electrical current that mimics the body’s own biological current. Despite its low electrical vibration—one millionth of an amp—microcurrent treatments are very effective. It helps increase protein synthesis, promote waste removal, stimulate healing, regenerate tissue, balance free radical damage, boost cell growth, enhance natural collagen and elastin production, provide circulatory benefits, and work directly on the nerves and muscle fibers. Its mild frequency does not stimulate sensory nerves, is pain-free and causes no client discomfort.
Also known as facial toning, microcurrent is an esthetic treatment that physically firms and tones the skin through muscle re-education. This process, according to the online article “ATP and Cellular Ageing” by David Suzuki, is achieved by stimulating 32 of the 53 facial muscles at traditional acupuncture points with tiny amounts of electricity to re-energize their biological currents and re-establish muscle memory. The result can be a reduction of fine lines, creases and wrinkles; restored healthy glow of youthful skin; visible firming, contouring and lifting; and the tightening of sagging jowls, double chins and fatty cheeks.
Microcurrent and ATPAs people age, the body’s biological current and chemical energy slows down, cellular renewal takes longer and skin cells stop performing efficiently. This leads to multiple skin problems: loss of tone, elasticity and firmness; fine lines; wrinkles; sagging—all signs of aging. Microcurrent can help reverse this process by re-energizing the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP
According to the Suzuki article, ATP, known as the “current of life” or “molecular currency,” is the only energy molecule that the body will accept and utilize as energy. This includes all cellular activity, DNA replication, regeneration and healing, collagen and elastin synthesis, neurotransmission and muscle contraction.
Without ATP, the human body does not function effectively and will eventually deteriorate. Yet, the body does not store ATP; rather it is manufactured on an as-needed basis via ATP synthesis mostly in the mitochondria of the cell. Therefore, the impact of microcurrent to increase levels of ATP is significant. Emil Y. Chi, PhD, director of the University of Washington’s department of pathology, performed clinical studies using microcurrent equipment. He notes, “The fact that technology works in harmony with the body is evident. Examination of the skin tissue treated with microcurrent showed a 45% increase in the number of elastin fibres in the dermis, and the length if the fibres on average doubled. The collagen thickness in the connective tissues increased 10%, and the numbers of blood vessels increased by 35%. The application of microcurrent to skin and tissue produced a firmer and tighter feeling on the skin surface.”
How does microcurrent work?Knowing how microcurrent technology affects ATP is vital for the success of the treatment, and that means understanding the dynamics of microcurrent’s electrical current, waveform, frequency and polarities.
Electrical current. Microcurrent is measured in microamperes, or µA, which are extremely tiny electrical currents. Microcurrent intensity levels can range from 25–600 µA. A 1982 study called “The effects of electric currents on ATP generation, protein synthesis and membrane transport of rat skin” by Cheng et al., proves that at 500 microamps, ATP generation in the mitochondria increased about 500% and amino acid transport increased by 30–40%. The study also indicated that when currents were increased above 500 microamps, ATP generation was depleted, amino acid uptake was reduced by 20–73% and protein synthesis was inhibited by as much as 50%.
Variety of waveforms. The type of waveform used in microcurrent varies, depending on the area of treatment. Studies indicate that a modified square waveform is best for muscle-lifting, while a slope waveform is better for collagen-building. Other microcurrent waveforms include square and sawtooth.
Microcurrent frequency. “Each cell, tissue and organ has an ideal resonant frequency that coordinates its activities,” says James Oschman, PhD,of Nature’s Own Research Association in Dover, New Hampshire. Microcurrent frequency (Hz) levels can range from 0.1–1,000 Hz. Specific frequencies induce specific effects on cells and other tissues. In the skin, there is a specific frequency for the epidermis and dermis, collagen production and muscles. There is also a specific frequency for each condition, such as inflammation, scars and secretions. Knowing what microcurrent frequency to use is vital for the treatment to resonate and be effective.
Microcurrent polarities. Microcurrent is a biphasic current that alternates between positive and negative using a variety of different tools. These tools can include gloves, probes, rods, pins, wands or masks. Used properly, they enable you to lengthen contracted muscles, as well as shorten elongated muscles, using a series of contouring movements.
According to the aforementioned Chi study, microcurrent can also encourage iontophoresis, or deep penetration of water-based skin care products, increasing the absorption rate of their beneficial ingredients to as much as 70%. It is important to not use oil-based products with microcurrent because they inhibit current flow.
Microcurrent applicationsBecause microcurrent stimulates the production of ATP, it can be used to treat virtually any skin condition and can be added to any treatment protocol. Microcurrent brings relief to clients with acne by aiding in the elimination of the Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) bacteria, and in the reduction of acne scarring. For clients with fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, baggy eyes and an overall loss of definition, microcurrent can be used as a stand-alone treatment or combined with LED, microdermabrasion or chemical peels to accelerate the reappearance of youthful, beautiful skin. Contraindications for microcurrent include, but are not limited to, heart problems, pacemakers, pregnancy and implanted metal rods.
Clients must be advised to drink additional water before the treatment to allow for proper conductivity of current, and since lymph drainage is activated with microcurrent, clients will feel nauseous if they do not drink a sufficient amount of water after the treatment. Although you can work on any area of the body, do not work on a client for longer than 90 minutes to prevent overloading their system with the stored toxins in their body that will be released. Microcurrent will continue to stimulate ATP levels for 70 hours after treatment. For this reason, it is suggested that you perform the treatment no more than once every three days. Additional treatments will not hurt the client, but are unnecessary. More current is not better and can actually decrease ATP levels because of the overstimulation of cells, so do not tamper with the machine to increase frequency above the manufacturer’s suggested levels.
ResultsAccording to the website of Jeremy E. Kaslow, MD, results can vary by individual and skin type, are gradual, and will not just happen overnight. Some clients notice a difference after the first treatment; others may notice it after three or four treatments. The effect is cumulative, becoming more pronounced after each treatment. The skin and facial muscles become noticeably tighter and more toned with each treatment. About 60–80% of the changes created in one treatment last for the next four to seven days. However, if not treated regularly, the muscles may return to their former configuration.
Although the number of treatments in a series will vary depending on the client’s desired results, the type of equipment used and the complexity of condition, a guideline would be twice per week for the first month, once per week for the second month, or until desired result is achieved, and then once every four to six weeks for maintenance. Although it may be tempting for clients to neglect their check-up visit, gravity, toxins, illness and natural aging will eventually deplete the ATP stockpile if not properly stimulated, so you should emphasize the importance of follow-through to maintain results.
In summation, microcurrent is a versatile device that should be in every skin care professional’s tool box. It offers unlimited possibilities, yet is currently underutilized in the skin care industry. Are you ready to embrace this technology and gain a competitive edge?
General References
“ATP and Cellular Ageing” by David Suzuki,www.bodyclinic.com.au/docs/ATP%20and%20Cellular%20Ageing.pdf www.novusresearch.com/research/microcurrents.html

Great post Toby.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

this looks sooo interesting, - I like the fact it can be used on other parts of the body.

I noticed in the youtube video, the lady just sort of moves the gloves over the face in a gentle massaging way, - is this how they are used? or are you instructed to 'hold' individual muscles to treat them?

thanks

Jackie xx
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any links to any independent studies performed on microcurrent or microcurrent devices?

Thanks, BFG
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |