Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

at home device to tighten sagging skin, any recommendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Does anyone have any links to any independent studies performed on microcurrent or microcurrent devices?

Thanks, BFG

BFG

More medical applications, but interesting:

http://www.electrotherapy.org/downloads/Modalities/Microcurrent%20Therapy%20references%20Sept%202011.pdf

PQ

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to find a device that tightens. Sagging at the corners of my mouth. My skin is thin and I am very thinned faced with very hollow checks. My goal is to decrease sagging, plump up checks, and get rid of wrinkles. While I've read great things about STOP, I've also read that it has caused some very dramatic negative impact on destroying fat and hollowing people's cheeks(it's thermage so it's heating up the fat/collagen) - yikes that's something I CANNOT afford to happen - I need plump and tight. So, I'm very weary of trying STOP for that reason. I'm not sure that thermage is the right thing for me given I'm so thin in the face. Any thoughts?

Also, I've heard that LightStim is great, but it seems like it targets wrinkles.

I'm looking for the best combo device(sagging, plumping cheeks, and wrinkles).

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. I've never owned any face device and am floundering with choices and very cautious.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I think with thin skin it is really good to be cautious. From my experience of having thermage in my forties and using the Stop in my fifties I would never compare the two. Thermage as I had it was very painful medical procedure that required me to be in a twilight zone and it produced absolutely nothing for me except a huge expense. The Stop doesn't not heat up enough to cause fat loss, it is designed to increase collagen. For me it has worked well for three years but I do have thick skin. There is a long discussion on the Stop thread explaining the difference in the Stop not being like thermage but that discussion was three years ago when the Stop first came out.
I have friends with thin skin that have had good results with Lightstim and microcurrent. The Lightstim does plump and you might need to use the serum with it if you tend to be dry.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
hello,
Toby, you convinced me to go for a microcurrent facial machine. We have some simular issues
I'm doing facial ex. for about 2 yrs (3 different programs): progress very slow,used Facetox, frownies etc.
The machine I want to buy has 3 pair of handles, gloves, wrist handles and hot/cold hammer However no products.
Now I wonder why the calabash shaped and the wrist handles are used for.
What products should I buy? I have a conductive gel. Can this be used with the gloves too.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 am      Reply with quote
rudmon wrote:
hello,
Toby, you convinced me to go for a microcurrent facial machine. We have some simular issues
I'm doing facial ex. for about 2 yrs (3 different programs): progress very slow,used Facetox, frownies etc.
The machine I want to buy has 3 pair of handles, gloves, wrist handles and hot/cold hammer However no products.
Now I wonder why the calabash shaped and the wrist handles are used for.
What products should I buy? I have a conductive gel. Can this be used with the gloves too.

It would be helpful to see a link to the machine you are talking about. I would be careful to buy a machine that you have seen some reviews on and know the level of microamps that the machine uses. There are tons of machines on ebay that are very inexpensive but are calibrated with current that is way too high and will not be conducive to the body's natural current. You want the lower microamps that will increase the body's ATP.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Letsfaceit welcome wave
Havana posted at the same time I was writing this! Thanks Havana and I am adding one more device to the mix! Very Happy
As you can tell I am crazy about microcurrent and I have numerous devices. My results may or may not be from getting a foundation of treatments from a professional machine the Beautiful Image. I use several approaches so not sure that I know exactly what is kicking in the most. I started with Nuface in a serious way 2011, loved it and couldn't believe that I didn't give it a fair trial when I bought it five years ago. Anyway that spurred me on to try some professional treatments which lead to me getting a professional machine. I have also recently gotten a wonderful unit called the Pico toner by Neurotris. It is my latest thrill and I have been using it for three months. This unit is a glove unit that can do your entire body without gels, only a spray.....so convenient. I have noticed a real change in the texture of the tops of my hands and a particular issue at the base of my neck(collar bone area). I noticed when I would lean closer to the mirror to put on eye liner(I would stick my neck out like a chicken Laughing I would see the skin tighten like a lack of elasticity) Once I straighten up it disappeared. Anyway I noticed the other day it is gone absolutely gone no matter what position my neck is in. Also other areas that looked like aging was creeping in are much improved. I notice greater lift with the face as well. So whatever is kicking in I am grateful. The unit is the Pico Toner by Neurotris.
https://www.photofacialmachines.com/catalog/neurotris-pico-toner%C2%AE%E2%84%A2-personal-face-body-toner/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKhHMVc4jU
I would LOVE to see Philip(PQ) review this unit!

I am bumping this post back up because I have been getting lots of questions about the Pico Toner by private messages. I suggest that anyone interested in this unit contact Patricia or Tony at NeurotriS. I can tell about my experience using the unit but I am not a microcurrent tech person and don't know all the specs about the machine that make it work so well. I have emailed and spoken to Patricia and Tony and they are experts with the technology of the unit.
This is the information on the Pico Toner under their youtube vidoe
The NeurotriS PICO Toner™ is the only hand held microcurrent device intended for home use that uses personal Sculpting Gloves™ to rejuvenate the natural "glow" of youthful hues to improve and return a more youthful appearance. The PICO Toner™ is more versatile than any other hand held device. Easily tone and tighten the skin under your neck or just as easily treat other areas of your body and improve tone, texture, and appearance of the declate, arms, legs, buttocks, and more! You also have the option to treat your hands and face at the same time!

More Info: http://www.neurotris.com/PICOToner.html

Toll Free: (877) 929-9920
Office: (949) 748-7488

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I think with thin skin it is really good to be cautious. From my experience of having thermage in my forties and using the Stop in my fifties I would never compare the two. Thermage as I had it was very painful medical procedure that required me to be in a twilight zone and it produced absolutely nothing for me except a huge expense. The Stop doesn't not heat up enough to cause fat loss, it is designed to increase collagen. For me it has worked well for three years but I do have thick skin. There is a long discussion on the Stop thread explaining the difference in the Stop not being like thermage but that discussion was three years ago when the Stop first came out.
I have friends with thin skin that have had good results with Lightstim and microcurrent. The Lightstim does plump and you might need to use the serum with it if you tend to be dry.

Thank you so much for your input. Much appreciated. Smile
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Letsfaceit welcome wave
Havana posted at the same time I was writing this! Thanks Havana and I am adding one more device to the mix! Very Happy
As you can tell I am crazy about microcurrent and I have numerous devices. My results may or may not be from getting a foundation of treatments from a professional machine the Beautiful Image. I use several approaches so not sure that I know exactly what is kicking in the most. I started with Nuface in a serious way 2011, loved it and couldn't believe that I didn't give it a fair trial when I bought it five years ago. Anyway that spurred me on to try some professional treatments which lead to me getting a professional machine. I have also recently gotten a wonderful unit called the Pico toner by Neurotris. It is my latest thrill and I have been using it for three months. This unit is a glove unit that can do your entire body without gels, only a spray.....so convenient. I have noticed a real change in the texture of the tops of my hands and a particular issue at the base of my neck(collar bone area). I noticed when I would lean closer to the mirror to put on eye liner(I would stick my neck out like a chicken Laughing I would see the skin tighten like a lack of elasticity) Once I straighten up it disappeared. Anyway I noticed the other day it is gone absolutely gone no matter what position my neck is in. Also other areas that looked like aging was creeping in are much improved. I notice greater lift with the face as well. So whatever is kicking in I am grateful.
https://www.photofacialmachines.com/catalog/neurotris-pico-toner%C2%AE%E2%84%A2-personal-face-body-toner/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKhHMVc4jU
I would LOVE to see Philip(PQ) review this unit!

I would love to review it Toby, thanks for thinking of me, you know I just love microcurrent.

PQ

5% products discount

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Here's the link to the MC machine I was interested in, and a demonstration video.

You get a lot of tools for your money here and perhaps too much for home use (it is called a 'professional' machine).
I'm totally confused and would very much appreciate your opinion!
Since I have read of the PICO Toner, this now seems to be the best home use device.
However the Chinese machine is only half the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROCURRENT-FACE-LIFT-MACHINE-SALON-SKIN-TONING-BIO-/400154367598?_trksid=p5197.m1997&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16%26meid%3D6013407672593471704%26pid%3D100016%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D5%26sd%3D400208565841%26
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zbW7ZWkjAqk/
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Rudmon, I have this machine. Yes, the tools which come with it are great, but I still am not sure about the settings, like which wavelength and the intensity levels to choose.
I put it on Auto so that I get all the different wavelengths on a rotation. So I am not sure weather I do the right thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:59 am      Reply with quote
ellenk wrote:
Rudmon, I have this machine. Yes, the tools which come with it are great, but I still am not sure about the settings, like which wavelength and the intensity levels to choose.
I put it on Auto so that I get all the different wavelengths on a rotation. So I am not sure weather I do the right thing.

that's a problem u know, that's why a pre set machine is better for us naive to MC folks...
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:03 am      Reply with quote
BTw,sorry, I meant "whether",not "weather",lol.
I ordered the Pico- expensive but I hope it will deliver. It should be delivered tomorrow, can't wait.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:05 am      Reply with quote
ellenk wrote:
BTw,sorry, I meant "whether",not "weather",lol.
I ordered the Pico- expensive but I hope it will deliver. It should be delivered tomorrow, can't wait.

oh pl keep us posted, hopefully it ll work for you great...
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Sure-I will let you know. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 am      Reply with quote
The problem with most Chinese microcurrent units are the following
-instructions are not sufficient
-microcurrent is not under 800 microamps
-no company support
-difficulty in communication about the units sold

I have been looking for months for microcurrent machines for some of my friends and the ebay units are usually too strong to enhance production of APT in the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the instructions itself are not too bad, but the technical details are missing. I should have asked prior to buying. When I asked later they did not know what I meant and wanted me to produce a video to demonstrate my query Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I have recieved my Pico Toner, was looking forward to use it , but the training DVD does not play. The instructional manual is not sufficient. I contacted support and now I will have to wait again for a new DVD ( i am in the UK). Perhaps I just start and follow some moves from Christine and hope it is ok

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hello ellenk
I am in the UK too - could you let me know who much the unit was (with import duty?) - thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:04 am      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
Hello ellenk
I am in the UK too - could you let me know who much the unit was (with import duty?) - thank you!

Don't sream- it was expensive! Shipping cost $90 ( I ordered an additional spray) plus customs £101 .It was UPS Expedited shipping , so the unit was here in 8 days. I also called customer service, they have a number for international orders , and I don't know the cost of this yet. But I must say that Todd from customer support was very helpful considering he answered the phone at 6:30am- I got the time wrong.
Todd even refunded a few $$ because the prices changed a bit.
So i really hope it was worth the investment

O yes, the unit with additional spray and shipping in £ was £ 486

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for me letting me know! It doesn't seem to expensive, compared to the caci for example, as it sounds so much more versatile. Its the customs charges that are the shock as you don't always know what youre going to have to pay!
I really hope that you find it works and I look forward to hearing how you get on!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 am      Reply with quote
How long does a bottle of the ion water last? And what is the shelf life of it... I'm wondering if I were to order a Pico, because I'd need to stock up on the water as I'm in the UK, but wouldn't want to order a lot and have it go "off" if that were possible.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
ellenk wrote:
I have recieved my Pico Toner, was looking forward to use it , but the training DVD does not play. The instructional manual is not sufficient. I contacted support and now I will have to wait again for a new DVD ( i am in the UK). Perhaps I just start and follow some moves from Christine and hope it is ok

That is so disappointing the DVD does not play. Could it be because it is a Region code 1 DVD? It's a shame you can't use the device with the instructional manual only. Is it that poorly written? I hope you get this straightened out quickly. Let us know when you get things going.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ellenk , re the dvd, did u try (after inserting the disc)going to " computer" from the " start" menu and then clicking on the dvd icon? It works this way sometimes....
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I tried everything and my husband too, on 4 different computers and other DVD players and it tells that the DVD is blank. Might just be a faulty one. Customer support is still working on it, sorting out what to do.
Thank you, daler and patratmack anyway for your advice Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Ellen did you try googling the international code for your DVD player? There are lists online. You need to know the model number of your DVD player to search for the code specific to you. Then the particular crack code to make your dvd player international will be a number that you enter via the remote control, that makes all discs playable. Worth a try!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |