Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Serious Skincare (SSC) Microcurrent Facial Toning System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Any thoughts on this microcurrent device? Apparently it has 10 levels and you can do both sides of the face at the same time. At $149, it's definitely affordable.

Serious Skincare Microcurrent Facial Toning System
http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/Lift-Firm-Skin-Reverse-Lift/Skin-Care-Kits/Serious-Skincare-Microcurrent-Facial-Toning-System/pages/productdetails?nav=R:461823

TIA! Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
During my ventures with microcurrent I tried this and the current is Way too strong for what true microcurrent should be. I sent it back, something that strong doesn't meet the criteria for true microcurrent that works to build ATP.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby! What is ATP?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Thanks, Toby! What is ATP?

Hi havana8, not Toby but ATP is

Microcurrent emits subtle electrical frequencies that mimic the body’s own electrical signals, thereby increasing the amount of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate, the chemical fuel of human cells) by as much as 500%. Such increased levels of ATP speed cellular metabolism. The results can be seen in improved skin tone and coloration, the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, and the firming of sagging areas of the face. In other words, it can take those years off to look younger without surgery or downtime.

I did look at this microcurrent machine once when it was on sale somewhere (don't remember where) but it got really bad reviews.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Good information CookieD and I found some additional...
More about Cosmetic Microcurrent
Microcurrent is a low level of electrical current that mirrors the body’s own natural current, sub-sensory in most cases. Its proven and accepted properties and potential range in application – from wound healing , muscle rehabilitation, and macular degeneration of the eye to lymphodema — continue to assist medical practitioners with amazing results.

Most microcurrent applications and results, whether they are medical or esthetic rely on the same mechanisms of actions.

Muscle re–education is most related to the term “facial toning”. There is 32 different muscles of the face that are manipulated during the average microcurrent treatment.

The 1982 Cheng study proves that ATP levels were increased by 500% on tissue that was treated utilizing less then 500 Ua. The study also indicated that ATP levels plummeted and depleted when treated with more than 500 Ua (visible muscle contractions.)

True microcurrent uses less that 500 microamperes(Ua) and because of its low intensity cannot cause visible muscle contractions.

Bearing this study in mind, it is understandable why individuals who use EMS-type devises, such as some hand -held devices seen on TV that use as much as 5000 Ua do receive some instant tone, however, when used cumulatively, create flaccid and lifeless muscles that are completely void of ATP.

The idea that ATP can be stockpiled or stored is the reason why microcurrent treatments results are cumulative and become better as a series of treatments progresses.

Aside from muscle re-education and massive increases in ATP levels, microcurrent has other proven benefits for esthetic applications. Emil Y Chi, PhD, director of the University Of Washington‘s department of pathology, performed clinical studies using microcurrent equipment. He notes,” The fact that technology works in harmony with the body is evident. Examination of the skin tissue treated with microcurrent showed a 45% increase in the number of elastin fibres in the dermis, and the length if the fibres on average doubled. The collagen thickness in the connective tissues increased 10%, And the numbers of blood vessels increased by 35%. The application of microcurrent to skin and tissue produced a firmer and tighter feeling on the skin surface.

Many of the studies detailing the massive increase in speed regarding wound healing refer to ATP as one of the attributing factors. The other attributing factor is an increase in blood circulation. Blood circulation has everything to do with the function, condition, color, and overall health of the skin, as underlying tissue.

Chi’s 2003 study performed at the University of Washington further notes a 35% increase In blood circulation Limphatic drainge is a very overlooked treatment in esthetics, although it has been gaining momentum in recent years. Clinical studies performed using microcurrent at Hong Kong’s Tuen Muen Hospital in 1988 indicated that Limphatic by 28% on post-cancer patients suffering from lymphodema.

Limphatic drainge is a very overlooked treatment in esthetics, although it has been gaining momentum in recent years. Clinical studies performed using microcurrent at Hong Kong’s Tuen Muen Hospital in 1988 indicated that Limphatic by 28% on post-cancer patients suffering from lymphodema.

Chi’s 1999 study also proved that the redness, irritation, and inflammation of surgically traumatized tissue could be decreased significantly when treated with microcurrent. Related to this, the buildup of hardened collagen that makes up scar tissue was noted to be 3 to 5 times less in tissue treated with microcurrent. Further studies also indicated an amazing dispersion of existing scar tissue when treated with microcurrent. This indicates that in the realm of plastic surgery, you can see the obvious place for microcurrent technology. By administering a series of treatments before surgery, muscle and tissue condition is maximized, inclusive of an excessive storage of ATP. Microcurrent treatment of sutures and trauma post-op decreases the down time by reducing inflammation, redness and irritation, while enhancing the healing ability and minimizing scar tissue. Post-surgery treatments also are vital to maintain the results of the surgical work.

In terms of product penetration, microcurrent offers specific Iontophoresis that allows superior penetration of water based products into the skin. The idea that the electrical current emits from one probe and returns to the other allows specific focus on products penetration, Chi’s 1999 study also proved that the redness, irritation and inflammation of surgically traumatized tissue could be decreased significantly when treated with microcurrent.

Related to this, the buildup of hardened collagen that makes up scar tissue was noted to be three times less in tissue treated with microcurrent. Further studies also indicated an amazing dispersion of existing scars when treated with microcurrent. This indicates that in the realm of plastic surgery you can see the obvious place for microcurrent technology. By administering a series of treatments before surgery, muscle and tissue condition is maximized, inclusive of an excessive storage of ATP. Microcurrent treatment of sutures and trauma post-op decreases the down time by reducing inflammation, redness and irritation, while enhancing the healing ability and minimizing scar tissue. Post- surgery treatments also are vital to maintain the results of the surgical work.

http://www.chiro950.com/pdf/ntarticle.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby. Particularly interested to discover that micro current helps with scarring. Useful information indeed.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great information Toby. After reading the paragraph below, I wonder if facial exercises are depleting our ATP. Can the contractions from facial exercise and an EMS device be compared?

Toby wrote:

The 1982 Cheng study proves that ATP levels were increased by 500% on tissue that was treated utilizing less then 500 Ua. The study also indicated that ATP levels plummeted and depleted when treated with more than 500 Ua (visible muscle contractions.)

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Thanks for the great information Toby. After reading the paragraph below, I wonder if facial exercises are depleting our ATP. Can the contractions from facial exercise and an EMS device be compared?

Toby wrote:

I do not know the answer but I will tell you that although facial ex. lift I ended up with neck cords showing, gauntness under the cheeks and mouth pouches. Since I have switched to low level microcurrent I have the plumpness back in my face, no showing neck cords, and there is a nice lift

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

I do not know the answer but I will tell you that although facial ex. lift I ended up with neck cords showing, gauntness under the cheeks and mouth pouches. Since I have switched to low level microcurrent I have the plumpness back in my face, no showing neck cords, and there is a nice lift

Hi Toby, I'm sorry to hear about that. I've had the opposite experience with facial exercises. Those exact same areas have improved for me. Although, I did have some gauntness when I exercised the buccinators too much. Micro current sounds so promising. I am glad it is working for you. Sorry if this is off topic. Smile
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 am      Reply with quote
There was a thread on this, I ordered it when they first came out with it, never got to try it, each side takes a battery and the battery connector broke when I put the battery in, LOL. I just returned, decided if it broke before I ever used it, then it would def break down the road. My take, it was NOT made very well.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the information, everyone. Smile And good memory, Tiny! It never occurred to me to search for "SCC" so here is the other thread mentioned for those who are interested:

New Microcurrent System from SSC
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45416
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Serious Skin Care just jumped on the microcurrent bandwagon by slapping their name on an old discontinued product from Babyliss.

BaByliss 8305 Facial Toning System - the exact same unit. Reviews go back to 2004.

From my understanding, this is also one that you can most definitely feel (painful), so that's not true micrcurrent. I'm very happy with my Nuface Trinity.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Serious Skin Care just jumped on the microcurrent bandwagon by slapping their name on an old discontinued product from Babyliss.

BaByliss 8305 Facial Toning System - the exact same unit. Reviews go back to 2004.

From my understanding, this is also one that you can most definitely feel (painful), so that's not true micrcurrent. I'm very happy with my Nuface Trinity.

wow good work Ryan...who knew! I do remember ss one does have adjustable settings, so its not full blast unless you wanted that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I received this as a gift from a girlfriend who has been raving about her unit.

I have to say that I really like it. It just takes one battery. I've been using every night for almost 3 weeks for 10-15 minutes. I like to keep mine around three on the intensity scale because I don't want to stress the muscles.

I did hike it up to the top of the intensity range to see what it felt like and Wow...that thing has some powerful voltage.

Thankfully, I don't have any sagging issues (been doing facial exercises for years) but I feel that there is something going on. My neck looks nice and taut and my two neck rings are getting fainter.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have one and also like it especially for my neck area I keep it at a very low setting but sometimes increase while doing around the eyes.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that more than likely I will get a micro current machine and use this for quick touch ups or when traveling
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
I wanted to add that more than likely I will get a micro current machine and use this for quick touch ups or when traveling

If you like this one, why would you get a diff one? Pros/cons? just curious, my experience with it was a faulty battery connector, so I have no idea how it works.

TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
"If you like this one, why would you get a diff one? Pros/cons? just curious, my experience with it was a faulty battery connector, so I have no idea how it works."

For one thing~ I was still very confused about the difference in microcurrent when I got it, plus being hooked on home treatment devices, want a machine so I can use the gloves. One big plus is I can use it in place of facial exercises. I've seen some mentioned having problems with the battery wire but knock on wood, I've not had any issues with it.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
"If you like this one, why would you get a diff one? Pros/cons? just curious, my experience with it was a faulty battery connector, so I have no idea how it works."

For one thing~ I was still very confused about the difference in microcurrent when I got it, plus being hooked on home treatment devices, want a machine so I can use the gloves. One big plus is I can use it in place of facial exercises. I've seen some mentioned having problems with the battery wire but knock on wood, I've not had any issues with it.

well thats partly why I asked...I too am confused on this current stuff. Those with the glove one loveeeeeeeeeeeee it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I know just how you feel. If I knew then what I know now, to be honest, I would not have bought half the items in my arsenal. So much of the advertisements and commercials are misleading and deceptive. I used it today on a frown line I have between my eyes ( I need to get them checked) and withing a few minutes it was gone. My problem is being more consistent when using any device, because they certainly don't work collecting dust. Bad Grin
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
so is this microcurrent or not? Thanks
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well according to the post in different discussions on microcurrent, I will say no since it does cause the muscles to contract
havana8

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Tija wrote:
Does anyone have the Serious Skin Care Microcurrent and think it's worth buying?

Does anyone *also* have the Tua Viso ? I am wondering which one is better? My Tua Viso is getting pretty old, just wondering if there is anything better out there !

Thanks in Advance!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |