Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Products for Hyperpigmentation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
What is environ??
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
What is environ??

It is a skincare line that focuses on Vit, A, C, and E. It was developed by Dr. Fernandes, who is a plastic surgeon and co-inventor of the dermaroller.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40572&highlight=environ

http://www.environ.co.za/

http://touchofskincare.com/?gclid=CObev6r37bMCFQUFnQod8BMAuQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany

Are you still happy with the environ line?

I know that Obagi nuderm is great for pigmentation issues but for whatever reason I am struggling with the decision to purchase it. I hate the idea of using hq forever.
I do wonder if the Obagi vit c line is alot like environ. Do you know?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
bethany

Are you still happy with the environ line?

I know that Obagi nuderm is great for pigmentation issues but for whatever reason I am struggling with the decision to purchase it. I hate the idea of using hq forever.
I do wonder if the Obagi vit c line is alot like environ. Do you know?

I really like Environ, but it has not done much for my pigmentation. However I keep using it because A and C are critical for collagen development.

I totally understand about the HQ aspect, though Nuderm does have some non-HQ substitutions. Have you considered Vivite from Allergan? Their Vibrance product was the only thing that worked on my diffuse Melasma, and I decided that when I finish my series of ReAura treatments I am going to add the Vibrance back into my regimen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
DoI you see changes in your skin form the environ?
I have uneven skin tone. My face is a 2 shades darker than my neck I would say but i dont think I have melasma. No real wrinkles and no sagging but the largest pores you will ever see:(
I am looking for a great line that really will transform my skin but hopefully without HQ.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:02 am      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
DoI you see changes in your skin form the environ?
I have uneven skin tone. My face is a 2 shades darker than my neck I would say but i dont think I have melasma. No real wrinkles and no sagging but the largest pores you will ever see:(
I am looking for a great line that really will transform my skin but hopefully without HQ.

Honestly, I can't say that Environ has been transforming, but I had pretty good skin to start with.

However, I really like that the A and C are combined in one product that did not make me break out, plus the ability to step up in strength.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
okay so perhaps I might look into the Obagi C range. I like the idea of not having to use retin-a. My skin is not sensitive to it but after months of using it seemed like the texure of my skin looked worse. I do want to try the environ at some point though. Maybe when we near spring.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
okay so perhaps I might look into the Obagi C range. I like the idea of not having to use retin-a. My skin is not sensitive to it but after months of using it seemed like the texure of my skin looked worse. I do want to try the environ at some point though. Maybe when we near spring.

I have heard good things about the C range, but if that doesn't work in 6 months try the Vivite.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany sorry for all the Questions but is Vivite just regular use of gylcolic?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
bethany sorry for all the Questions but is Vivite just regular use of gylcolic?

It is designed to have less irritation than regular glycolic, better penetration, and the Vibrance product also has C and other antioxidants. I truly believe in Allergan and and the R&D they put into their products vs other companies that just spend marketing dollars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, off topic (sorry all) but have you ever tried using the Skinceuticals CEF, or IS Clinical Super Serum? I ask because both of those really diminished brown pigmentation from my skin. Just another thought if the Vivite doesn't wipe out your problem area!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi Bethany, off topic (sorry all) but have you ever tried using the Skinceuticals CEF, or IS Clinical Super Serum? I ask because both of those really diminished brown pigmentation from my skin. Just another thought if the Vivite doesn't wipe out your problem area!

No, but if YOU recommend them, you know I'll try them! Which of the two did you prefer?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I think they are both really good products. However, the new IS Clinical Super Serum now contains copper peptide, so if you have an issue with that ingredient, you may want to try the Skinceuticals. You can get a sample size just to see if your skin likes it or not. I know the Skinmedix site sells the sample bottles of both of the brands. (And thanks for the compliment!)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Honestly, I think they are both really good products. However, the new IS Clinical Super Serum now contains copper peptide, so if you have an issue with that ingredient, you may want to try the Skinceuticals. You can get a sample size just to see if your skin likes it or not. I know the Skinmedix site sells the sample bottles of both of the brands. (And thanks for the compliment!)

Thank YOU for the advice!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried the Epionce Melano Corrective System? I read about it here:

Dermatologist seeks effective alternative to hydroquinone for hyperpigmentation
http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedicine/Dermatology/Dermatologist-seeks-effective-alternative-to-hydro/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/792109

ETA: perhaps we can split this discussion into a Products for Hyperpigmentation thread?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Has anyone ever tried the Epionce Melano Corrective System? I read about it here:

Dermatologist seeks effective alternative to hydroquinone for hyperpigmentation
http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedicine/Dermatology/Dermatologist-seeks-effective-alternative-to-hydro/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/792109

ETA: perhaps we can split this discussion into a Products for Hyperpigmentation thread?

Havana, that would be great!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I am new here. Just ordered Vivete Vibrance 2 weeks ago from skincarerx and started using it 4 days ago. Still too early to report, but will keep this subject updated. My main concerns are post inflammatory pigmentation and melasma (post pregnancy). In addition to Vivete, I am also going to start the MSM+C supplementation process that supposedly worked for folks on another forum I visit.

I appreciate everybody's response on the forum and have learned a lot!
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
indym, please let us know your results.

I have decided on the Obagi vit c kit with 20% c serum. I will give it 6 months and post my results with it. I should take a before and after to. I know the nuderm might give me faster/better results but I cant bring myself to try it yet.I am excited though and hopefully I might have some good results!
indym

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I will keep my progress updated here. So far I am seeing some overall glow, but I think that is more to do with exfoliation due to glycolic acid. The melasma/PIH spots patches are still the same.

Bethany, can you please share how you incorporated Vivete in your regimen when you used it in the past? Did you use retin-a during the night? What other products were you using along with Vivete?

I am currently using vivete vibrance in the AM and PM. I follow up my AM application with the Burnout sunscreen. In the PM, I follow up with either SAS mitichondrial cream or argan oil. Should I add retin-a to my evening regimen?

Looking forward to your response! Thanks!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:45 am      Reply with quote
indym wrote:
Yes, I will keep my progress updated here. So far I am seeing some overall glow, but I think that is more to do with exfoliation due to glycolic acid. The melasma/PIH spots patches are still the same.

Bethany, can you please share how you incorporated Vivete in your regimen when you used it in the past? Did you use retin-a during the night? What other products were you using along with Vivete?

I am currently using vivete vibrance in the AM and PM. I follow up my AM application with the Burnout sunscreen. In the PM, I follow up with either SAS mitichondrial cream or argan oil. Should I add retin-a to my evening regimen?

Looking forward to your response! Thanks!!

Hi there....I just saw this, so sorry for the delayed response.

I tried using Vibrance 2x a day, but it made me too red so I cut back to once a day. I applied in the morning under my sunscreen, along with the Vivite eye cream.

You can definitely add Retin A, but work up slowly and keep the Vibrance in the AM so that they don't counteract each other.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany!

I also wanted to update on my use of Vivete Vibrance product. I started in December, and finished up the 1 oz bottle last week - so lasted me approximately for 3 months. I used it 2 times a day, most days. I skipped one day a week.

So - as far as the results go, my overall texture of the skin is smoother. However, it didn't do amything for the melasma on my cheeks.
My regimen was as follows:
AM: Vivete, Sunblock, makeup
PM: Vivete, Rose Hip seed oil (sometimes MSM cream)

Should I have added anything else to the above regimen? Maybe weekly peels? Experienced posters - please advice Smile

I considered adding Retin A but was afraid of inflamming my skin.
I am looking again for another product that addresses this issue. I am considering one of these products: NCN's Formula 777, Skinceuticals C and E ferulic or Phyto

Hope this is useful to folks considering this product.
havana8

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Another potential product to add to the list: Azelac RU--it sounds a bit promising from some of the doctor comments in this article in The Aesthetic Guide as well as non-irritating:

"It is very effective for melasma, and especially for dark skinned patients who have post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation. It's also excellent for my elderly patients who have sun spots and want a quick and easy fix but don't want to spend a lot of money on light-based treatments," she advised. "In addition, Azelac RU is quite effective for young people who want to eliminate freckles and don't have the resources to invest in peels. It starts to work fairly quickly and I usually see improvement within two to three weeks in patients with the darkest skin."

"I recommend Azelac RU to patients with melasma and post traumatic hyperpigmentation, as well as before and after a laser or peel treatment. It affords anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-bacterial and depigmentation effects and makes for a wonderful treatment that is fast and noticeable in just a short time."

"Excellent results with visible improvement in a short period of type typically occur in 80% to 90% of patients. Patients do not suffer from irritated skin; there is significant improvement of spots and in the texture of the skin due to its fantastic anti-aging effects. Its liposome formula and the combination of anti-aging active ingredients firm the skin and bring a glow."

Full article here: Nanaosome Effectively Deliver Azelac RU to Deepest Layers of Skin, page 54:
http://digital.miinews.com/publication/?i=139669
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know anything about the Jurlique Purely Bright line for hyperpigmentation?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana, have just ordered some of this to try! Fingers crossed!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Thanks havana, have just ordered some of this to try! Fingers crossed!

Please keep us posted!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |