Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wow! sudden creases under my eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wthwthwth

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I am a 21 year old that had good skin until recently about 2 and a half weeks ago I noticed that I woke up with visible fine lines that curve from the corner of my eye to the cheek bone. And I got these despite using eye cream every morning. I am very suprised that they came in so suddenly, but I have been getting an average of 6 hours of sleep the last few weeks so maybe I deserve it. They arent so noticable but they freak me out.

Is there any chance that I can remove these or should I just accept the fact that I am aging a bit faster and move on??
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi wthwthwth,

Don't worry, of course, it can be fixed.

First of all, how long are you using this eye cream? May be you did some other experiments recently. Or simple were over exposed to the sun or cold.

I experiment a lot and it happens to me at least few times a year Smile I usually use Emu Oil (from Skin Biology) when it happens.
It heals everything sunburns, cold-burns, over- exfoliation, etc.

I tried other oils and Egyptian Magic, but my skin likes Emu Oil the best.

Good luck!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Used eye cream long before these lines appeared. Would it be a good idea to use retin-a under my eyes? Its just amazing to me how suddenly they appeared. They dissapear if my skin is wet.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 am      Reply with quote
With the eyes, it takes time so you are often advised to start out with weakest strength retinoid before opting for Retin A. Are you sleeping ok?
wthwthwth wrote:
Used eye cream long before these lines appeared. Would it be a good idea to use retin-a under my eyes? Its just amazing to me how suddenly they appeared. They dissapear if my skin is wet.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I really don't think you need to start using interventional skin products at your age.the lines are to do with lack of sleep, lack of hydration, and a tired liver and over taxed adrenals.
How about a week of early nights and lots of fresh juices and fresh air and get to relax, not just flop out of exhaustion.
Putting stuff on the outside of the face is only one approach to caring for the face.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with catski. At your age, (I think) it is not "normal" to have creases on your eyes. Maybe you are stress in school, did not get enough sleep, or you maybe sleeping the wrong way... Drink lots of fluids (preferably water) is good for the body, as it washes out the toxins as it goes through the body.... Breathe and enjoy the "clean" air around you.... I would not suggest Retin-A or Retinoid at this time..... But I would suggest a light moisturizer on the face (and neck) would be good, depending on your skin types... Any drugstore brand moisturizer that is affordable would be ok.....
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I disagree with Jade-1234. I started using a good eye cream when I was your age and at 57, I don't have many fine lines around my eyes. I do think you need a good moisturizing eye cream and, with any product, some work for some folks and not for others. Try getting samples at Sephora to see what works for you. Many people like Shiseido's Benefiance Wrinkle Resist because it is highly emollient. Nordstroms also gives out samples that should last a couple of weeks so you can see what products you like. But in my view, if you start using a good eye cream now, you will reap the benefits when you are older.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well, before you buy or try some creams out there, you should check first what is causing the creases on the eyes... Did I not say to use a light moisturizer? No creams that you are suggesting will diminish those creases of the eyes if you don't address what is causing the problem and know what is going on inside your body.... and don't forget sunscreen!

Debb3485 wrote:
Personally, I disagree with Jade-1234. I started using a good eye cream when I was your age and at 57, I don't have many fine lines around my eyes. I do think you need a good moisturizing eye cream and, with any product, some work for some folks and not for others.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |