Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi/ Vivier 20% vit c OR 10% with HQ
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
and the vivier with HQ does anyone know what % vit c is in it? Not sure which route to go. They both seem like quality lines but is one more better than the other?

Is 20% better than 10% with HQ at treating pigmentation issues or vice versa.

About to place my order and not sure!!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I think the % of HQ, the higher it is, the stronger. It may not be safe, and you should go lower and slowly build up if you have to. It does thin out your skin.

As for the % of vitamin C, I don't know. I use 20% vitamin C and I wish I could go higher with age, but that is not available.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Is 20% vitamin C harsh for your skin??
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Since I am treating blotchiness/hyperpigmentation and just want to even out my skin tone not sure if I should use 4% HQ with 10% vit c or 20% vit c alone and which is a better serum the Vivier or the Obagi?
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I use the 10% vit c with HQ - obagi. I dont know in terms of hyperpigmentation if its done anything for mine, but i love it for giving me a radiant glow. its brings my dull skin alive like nothing else. everytime I finish it, I go on to other things, but always go back to this.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
Is 20% vitamin C harsh for your skin??

For me, no.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
I use the 10% vit c with HQ - obagi. I dont know in terms of hyperpigmentation if its done anything for mine, but i love it for giving me a radiant glow. its brings my dull skin alive like nothing else. everytime I finish it, I go on to other things, but always go back to this.

I have used Obagi Vitamin C a long time ago. I can't remember whether it had HQ. But between the Obagi C and the Vivier 20%, I think Vivier gives me more of a glow than the Obagi.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
maybe its time for me to try Vivier! Very Happy obagi has HQ and I know its not for long term use.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use Vivier vitamin c (not sure the percent) with hq 4% I really really love it Smile my pigmentation is fading and I have a great glow.I tried before obagi vitamin c 20% and it was very harsh on my skin and I didn't have any results
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |