Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Will my skin age if I work night shift?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I got a new job and I can work night for a bit more of money, I'd be working 12 hours a day from 7pm till 7am for 4 days and 3 days off, my only concern is premature aging?

I'd like to try nightshift and earn some more money, how long to see aging effects on skin working night shift? I can prevent skin aging even if I work nightshift? Any sincere advice will be helpful.

Thank You!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Research is showing that there are many negative impacts to working nightshift, but some people still prefer it.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/112321-effects-health-night-shift-worker/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15676307

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/11/does-working-the-night-shift-cause-serious-health-effects/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is bad for your health in every aspect. I've done it, but not for a long period of time.
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Yes, it is bad for your health in every aspect. I've done it, but not for a long period of time.

For how long? Is there a time frame you can do it without side effects?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I can't answer that. I think it all depends on your health and genetics. Overall, it is not a good idea to work all night because it is a shock to your system and to your soul.
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
OMG I didn't know that. Thank You!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I tried when I was young and it was horrible.on the other hand I have gf that is doctor and she is working night shifts She is very tired sometimes but I can't say that she looks older Actually she looks very good and very youthful Smile so not sure what to say For me that it would a big no ....
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I worked graveyard for a while and it was horrible. I was even able to sleep at work, but it still ruined me - I was tired all the time, could never sleep in the day time, so I looked tired too.

I wouldn't do it again unless the money was so good that only a fool would pass it up. It would have to be VERY good though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
My sister worked in a bar for two years, late shift till 3 something, whenever cleanup was completed after 2:30 am bar close. Bars there are smoke free, but the before and afters were staggering to those that only saw her a couple times a year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
My sister works nightshift (3pm-11pm) as a Registered Nurse and her skin is not to its optimum level though she takes very good care of her skin. Though she is already eating a healthy diet, she still takes 1 multi-vitamin a day to supplement. She said that it kinda lower her tiredness and control her stress levels.... I think working nightshifts put a lot of strain on your body and health, when most people are sleeping during this time, your brain "had to work" during those hours.....
havana8

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Interesting related reads...

Night Shift Might Boost Women's Breast Cancer Risk
Also, risk differences seen in 'morning' versus 'evening' people
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/05/29/night-shift-might-boost-womens-breast-cancer-risk-study

Night Shift Work, Light at Night, and Risk of Breast Cancer
http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/93/20/1557.full
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very interesting topic. When you work night shift, you will essentially be throwing your circadian rhythm out of whack. I've read, as some other posters have posted similar threads with similar info, that people who work night shift have an increased risk of cancer. There is a chemical released in the brain only when we sleep at night and people who sleep during the daytime hours don't get this chemical release in their brain no matter how long they sleep during the daytime.
magmajuice

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I used to work night shifts as a customer service representative. It was stressful and taxing, both physically and mentally.
I didn't notice any skin problems, but I did develop a pair of eyebags by the end of one month.
and then I quit.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |