Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone else have oily but dehydrated skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Today I visited an Orlane counter for a complimentary skin analysis (mainly due to the free lipstick that came with it).

It was actually really helpful as she used a sort of moisture/oil reading tool on my face that transmitted back to her computer how much oil/moisture my skin had. I have now discovered I unfortunately have a contradictory skin-type of oily but dehydrated skin!

Does anyone else have this type and could reccommend some good product advice? I have always thought I had dry skin so used richer moisturisers which probably attribute to the occasional but persistant blemishes I get.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smile

BTW: I'm currently using Yonka gel nettoyant and lotion to cleanse/tone, decleor hydra floral moisturiser at day and yonka creme 15 at night.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
mailnat,

Actually it is not uncommon at all to have oily/dehydrated skin.

One question...do you drink enough water? At one point of my life I had oily/dehydrated skin. When I started drinking that water down it all sorted out for me.

I would suggest Vit. C Serum and Hyloronic Acid for sure. Hyloronic Acid Serum is a wonderful natural moisturizer that won't make your skin greasy at all. It sinks right in and locks in your moisture. You can put a light moisturizer over HA Serum. I am sure you will get many more suggestions.

Good luck!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I have oily but dehydrated skin because I don't drink enough water. My skin is liking skinceuticals products...it also likes decleor!
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I've got combination, dehydrated skin although it can be quite oily at times. I know that my dehydration problems are purely down to my lack of water. I can sometimes go all day with only having one drink. Embarassed
I just can't stand the taste of water and I find it really difficult to drink during the winter. I try and drink herbal or fruit teas instead but they can be pretty bland too.
I've found that Decleor Hydra Floral Emulsion has sorted out some of the dryness but I think that in order to really sort out the problems I need to start knocking back glasses of water all day, everyday. Sad
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

I have oily but dehydrated skin too. Ive finally found my concoction of superb moisturisers that dont break me out.

I cleanse then apply in the following order (as a night treatment):

Gatineau Diffusance Hydrating Serum (which is like a hyaluronic acid serum that Winnie suggested)

Aesop Oil Free Hydrating Serum which you should definetly be able to get your hands on because its an Austrailian brand and finally

Dermalogica Active Moist

This gets my skin back on track in no time (when I can be bothered to do it). Ive got exams at the moment and am really negelecting my skin!! Sad .

I hope that helps. All 3 products i suggested are non-comedogenic and lanolin free. Im really confident they wont break you out.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
mailnat, just out of interest, what did the Orlane woman say?

I would agree with everyone else and say you need to drink more water Wink
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I have oily and hydrated skin too! It's quite frustrating because it feels strange to put a heavy moisturiser on. I drink loads of water so it can't be that. I was told once that I need to exfoliate more often so that my skin will absorb more moisturiser. I think it helps a little bit. So yeah, still looking for the perfect skin care routine....
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I must admit I'm shocking at drinking enough water.I ussually try to have a few glasses at the start and end of day.

She did say that drinking enough would make a noticeable difference, I just know that its a hard habit to keep up in the long run and I soo like to try lots of products so thats sustaining me in the meantime Smile

I just got my decleor and creme 15 last night so tbey both seem great so far...she thought decleor may be a bit rich for an oily skin though.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
which decleor did you get?

The hydra matte is enough for me in the summer, but not enough in the winter. I tried the hydra floral and it's a bit too much. I think the harmonie may be the next to try.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
i have also battled the same type of skin type. it's so frustrating!

i have tried SO many skin care lines and now swear by Clarins. i have stuck with them for 3 years now. they seem to be the only brand that also does not irritate my very sensitive skin and acne prone skin. in fact, my skin has been desensitized. (and 90% of their stuff smells SO good! don't worry, the other 10% doesn't smell bad- it just doesn't have a smell).

i recommend their multi-matte skin care line. in addition to their multimatte cleansers etc, i use hydra-matte day lotion and normalizing night gel and find it addresses both my oiliness and dehydration. i recently learned that all Clarins products have moisturizing properties... (i was worried that their multi-matte line (like their normalizing night gel) wouldn't give my skin enough moisture so i would use other moisturizers on top of what they recommended- you know thinking that they were only concerned with my oiliness. AND at the same time i also was fighting my oiliness with every anti oiliness product i could get my hands on so i dried out my skin too much. Rolling Eyes). i have found that by only using what they have recommended my skin is less dehydrated and less oily.

*** the important thing i have been told and discovered (and try not to forget) is that you can't confuse your skin (what, skin gets confused??). you have to let your skin find a balance. if you combat the oiliness too much your skin becomes dehydrated so it will produce more oil. and then if you pile on the moisturizer to address the flakiness, you end up clogging your pores. Mad

*** i also exfoliate 2-3 times a week and alternate between Clarins' aromatherapy purifying mask and their normalizing mask.

i am thinking about trying Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective gel b/c i need something to combat my red scars from breakouts. Clarins and Skinceuticals address skin care in similar ways- with the use of plants.

hope this helps.
Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |