Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tear Troughs and Derma Rolling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I have had tear troughs that go from the inner corner of my eyes down across my cheeks since I was a child, they they've only getten worse with age. I had them filled with Juvederm once, it filled them about 90% but one of them bruised. Of course fillers are out of my budget, it was a one-time splurge.

I started dermarolling a couple months ago with 0.5mm roller, in between IPL treatments. My tear troughs actually look more filled in now than they did with Juvederm! You can barely see the line!

Am I just seeing temporary inflammation? With continued dermarolling, will I see any long lasting results? Would a longer needle length cause a permanent reduction in my TTs?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
How did you even manage to roll this area? I've read on the owndoc site that you shouldn't roll anywhere above orbital bone. Also, my roller is too big for me to be able to navigate it precisely in the area near the inner eye corner. Did you use some special roller.
I would assume that inflammation takes several days to resolve, but if you've been doing this for some time now, maybe new collagen kicked in?!

In any case, thanks for sharing!
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I should have been more precise: I don't roll all the way up to the eye!!! the lines are deepest across my cheek, thats where I've been rolling.

OMG I wouldn't go past the orbital bone! Shock Ouch!

5% products discount

Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Are you continuing to see improvement? I've done two rolls of my tear troughs over the past 6 weeks using a 3-line 1 mm roller. I think I see an improvement, but I'm not sure - it may just be wishful thinking!

Fillers seem too expensive for a temporary solution, so I'm hoping rolling will give me more permanent results.

I have read somewhere (can't find the links now, and it was just anecdotal) that HA fillers in tear troughs can stimulate enough collagen growth to reduce the troughs permanently, but I'm not sure if I believe it.

I'm also using a retinoid, copper peptides, LAA, and an antioxidant eye cream. Although this sounds like a lot of stuff to put on a delicate area, I alternate days with rest in between, and I don't press hard when I roll. (I plan to get a .5mm three-line roller soon.) If you have any tips for me, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks.
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am      Reply with quote
vienna_h wrote:

I started dermarolling a couple months ago with 0.5mm roller, in between IPL treatments. My tear troughs actually look more filled in now than they did with Juvederm! You can barely see the line!

Am I just seeing temporary inflammation?

That depends on how often you've been rolling. I'd say that if there's an improvement after three weeks left un-rolled and unaggravated, then it isn't temporary inflammation, but some people can be a bit swollen for a long time. Also, the experts on dermarolling states that it can take between 6-12 months to see results/the final results.

Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Quite honestly, I can see how dermarolling would help spur collagen growth anywhere on the surface levels of facial skin, but I would think it a stretch to think it would actually help to fill in soft tissue beneath the skin...

BFG
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Fillers actually last a very long time in the under eye area, for me at least 18 months before needing any more added. And even then I only needed a very tiny bit to top up. It's very cost effective in this area.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I agree. I have HA filler injected in my tear troughs and over time, needing the injections less frequently...
at about 18 months now myself.

BFG
SaharKhlifi
5% products discount

Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dear ,
Please help me, I have serious tear throughs they are new and sudden I developped them only last year, please advice me on what I should do Im still young and I am 25 years. Did you eliminate yours ?

Please help me Im getting unselfconfident day by day.

vienna_h wrote:
I have had tear troughs that go from the inner corner of my eyes down across my cheeks since I was a child, they they've only getten worse with age. I had them filled with Juvederm once, it filled them about 90% but one of them bruised. Of course fillers are out of my budget, it was a one-time splurge.

Am I just seeing temporary inflammation? With continued dermarolling, will I see any long lasting results? Would a longer needle length cause a permanent reduction in my TTs?
natbug77

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I too am young at 22 years old, and in the past year have noticed tear troughs forming. I know I haven't had the healthiest year, being that I had a five month long sinus infection, and also had plenty of stress which resulted in sleep issues. I don't know if these factors can totally cause "tear troughs" but I am willing to try anything to get rid of them because I am losing confidence in myself. All I see when looking in the mirror are these lines under my eyes that make me look more tired than I am. Eventually, when I am making more money I would like to get injections, but is there anyone out there who have reduced them without injectable HA?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |