Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perricone Schmericone...!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all--
Have any of you tried Perricone products?! I am curious to know what you think of them because I have read so much about his product line, but I just cannot justify spending the amount of money on his products (when I get products for free).
Please let me know your thoughts....

Maybe you'd like to read the recent writeup about him that was in the New York Times (Perriconology):
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/06/magazine/06PERRICONE.html?ex=1108616400&en=f019610e67d71a3f&ei=5070&adxnnl=1&8br=&adxnnlx=1107839112-bxL0C+tL13lmD8ULbgI4ew

It's really interesting! It's not as if he's saying anything new...but somehow we need other people to say it to really believe it. Perricone has really become the next TV doctor personality...the Atkins of skin care.
I'm curious as to how you regard him and if you've tried and or liked his products!

PS: I wrote in the skin care forum about an online survey I have created for my thesis (I am a graduate student at Georgetown). Basically, it is a 55 question survey that asks you about what you like and are looking for in your skin care products. It will take no more than 6 minutes and it will really help me understand consumer preferences when it comes to skin care. After I have acquired the data I will post some statistical results on the website! Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=3D15990851186

You should actually enjoy it. If you want more information about what I am doing the survey for, please look at the post under the skin care forum!

Thank you so much!
Jessica
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a perricone product and to be honest thought I paid wayyy to much for a product that did absolutely nothing for me. I would not waste my money on it again. Infact I still have half a tub of it sitting in my bathroom.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I liked what I tried but I bought mine while in the US I would not pay the prices they have listed here in the UK - I'm happy using my alphaderma, what tipped it for me was not the antiwrinkle peptide but I was looking for a product containing ALA & DMAE Laughing
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Perricone's Vitamin C Ester Eye Area Therapy & Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy for two weeks now and am really liking the results. I can already see such a difference in my puffiness and bags. I have very faint dark circles but have seen no difference in those. I had been wanting to try this set for over a year, but I was always reluctant to buy because I'd seen so many bad reviews. It just goes to show that everyones results are different. I use this set at night and use Amore Pacific Revitalizing Eye Serum plus AP Coutour Eye Cream for daytime since I adore these too and have comparable results. These two product lines are the only ones I will use on my eyes now because they are the only things I've found to show results on me personally.

I can't report on any other products in the Perricone line because I haven't tried them.

It's really weird how products work on different skins huh? I hope you find something that works!

-Cheri
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I could not bring myself to pay the prices for Dr. Perricone's products. Yes, I used his line several years ago. I found that his products were very harsh on my skin. My X boss gave me his products to test. Even using them free I stopped. Shock
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I used 2 of his products, paid a lot, saw no results, and the stuff smells awful! That, of course, was before I discovered EDS forums. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I'd never heard of Dr P before so I've just had a look on his site. It's surprising to hear that so many of you are disappointed with his products. On paper his stuff looks good Rolling Eyes
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I want someone to do the 3-day oily fish diet to see if it boosts your skin. Smile
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Is oatmeal porridge? Confused
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes,
I am sensing that products can have a wide variety of results dependent on different skin types. Someone also replied saying that they wanted to have someone try the fish diet for three days...well, I found a hilarious article in the washington post about how the writer went on the perricone diet for three days and what the results were.

here's the link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A55876-2002Dec14?language=printer

enjoy!
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Don't know why my post did not going up in the skin care section...i will redo it right away.
jessica
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Misskoslow
Thanks for the above link. I enjoyed reading article. I wish I had read this before I bought the book but found myself unable to follow this strict eat fish until you puke diet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I could do that diet easy peasy (apart from no dairy and alcohol Shock ), though I would be worried about eating that amount of salmon given the crap they feed farmed salmon...I suppose if you are super rich you can afford wild. Do sardines and mackeral count? I hope so...I eat a tin a day for lunch Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I used the eye products and saw no difference. Book just seemed like an infomercial in written form for his products. I eat a lot of fish naturally but have recently cut down on dairy, red meat and refined sugar and visibly see the difference. I also have found more benefits from taking alpha lipoic acid in capsule form than applying topically.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I could do that diet easy peasy (apart from no dairy and alcohol Shock ), though I would be worried about eating that amount of salmon given the crap they feed farmed salmon...I suppose if you are super rich you can afford wild. Do sardines and mackeral count? I hope so...I eat a tin a day for lunch Laughing

rofl
you are supposed to eat this superduper pure salmon which cost a dorsel and a fin and suprise, suprise Perricone has a deal with a supplier.
I do like fish and I too eat lots of sardines. I cannot cope without my coffee with milk and sweeteners all of which are a no no.
I just could not follow this diet to the letter also he does want you to take his suppliments for optimum results. Again highly expensive. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
...so what is so special about salmon as opposed to other oily fish? It is starting to smell a bit fishy to me! rofl

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I bought his book, Wrinkle Cure,and got small sizes of his products via ebay USA which cost an arm and a leg. I didnt even end up using them, I thought whats the point, I cant afford to re buy. I tried the eye serum and cream but saw no difference but maybe I didnt give it long. I gave a friend the wash last week and shes loving it. I cant bear fish so bought 1000 mg Salmon capsules, also Alpha Lipoic and Ester C, they are so big, I couldnt swallow them. I moved onto the Reviva brand because they have exactly the same ingredients but at a fraction of the cost (www.myskincare.co.uk) and moved on to Janson Beckett, which is connected to Reviva as the products are stronger, a bit more expensive than the Reviva but the ADCE comes in a huge size. I think Dr P. is a lot of hype, the products may be effective but the ingredients dont cost that much to produce the final product. Other words rip off ???
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Jessica,
I completed your survey. Let us know the results when your study is over. Good luck!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Is oatmeal porridge? Confused

Hi Rzecka - yes, I think they are pretty much the same thing..
Pudoodles
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles. Not that I'm gonna do this of course, but can I use instant porridge or does it have to be the healthy type?
perrimason

Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
...and it works. I can't say i look younger, to be honest i couldn't tell the before and after shots from one another. Neither could i see any difference on my face but i felt better. The plus was that i got a windfall on other areas: digestive problems have improved and slept much better. More alert thruout the day. Will embark on the 28 day program but not sure i will use/buy his product line.

Eve wrote:
I want someone to do the 3-day oily fish diet to see if it boosts your skin. Smile

5% products discount

Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I tried the grueling diet as well right around the time that I found this website. I was obsessed (obviously) with preventing wrinkles and decreasing the appearance of stretch marks.

I definately noticed a difference in my skin. The big things on noticed in terms of my looks were as follows:

1. My eye bags were definately diminished and the whites of my eyes seemed alot whiter.
2. My skin seemed alot more hydrated, (This was not due to water since I drink tons of it normally)
3. My pores seemed smaller.

4. My skin definately had more of that "glow", all my skin was influenced, I had even noticed it on my tummy!!

In terms of how I felt phsyically, I also noticed an improvement. I suffer from allergies, and this really helped my congestion. And when I say helped I mean pretty much alleviated it! I think this is why I didn't have the puffy bags under my eyes.
I had more energy and was able to bounce out of bed in the am.

I've have gone off and on this diet many times.

I unfortunately, CANNOT stick to this diet longterm. I am a wimp and have no willpower. Especially on weekends when friends want to go out to dinner and have drinks. I will cave everytime. What has worked for me is cutting out the majority of sugar out of my diet during the week and greatly upping my lean protein consumption while incorporating several "cheat" days. I also am a firm believer in moderate exercise as I feel it helps with circulation which carries the nutrients to your skin. The results are not dramatic as eating loads of salmon but they are definately noticeable.

I am a firm believer that salmon is wonderful for the skin!!!!!! But it would take someone super human (and rich to afford the wild stuff) to be able to consistently eat salmon daily.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I saw his PBS show last year, bought the "Wrinkle Cure" book and then purchased a couple of his products that claimed to lift and firm the skin. I noticed no improvement and didn't opt to repurchase them when they ran out. Who would argue with the fact that proper diet and exercise will improve one's looks? Topicals can only do so much, and I believe that even some physicians have become hucksterish in their claims. They and other cosmetic cos. know that baby boomers, the largest demographic group of buyers, are beginning to droop, so marketing terms like "lifting", "firming", "tightening" or "thickening" make us whip out our wallets. So far, only sunscreen, glycol, and retinol products have created a noticeable improvement in my skin texture, but nothing so far has lifted or firmed it. I'm 52 -- and if anyone else my age has found products that truly lift and thicken the skin, I'd like to hear from them. I've used Retin-A and Renova in the past. They work by irritating the skin and causing edema. This little bit of swelling was not good enough to offset the crusty dry patches they caused.
perrimason

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your input When you say you noticed an improvement on your eye bags, was that only with the diet or did you try his medication? Mine are getting out of control,even considered surgery but afraid that my lower lids will droop. So if you have tried the topical treatment please let me know.
My next door neighbour saw me today for the first time since i started the 3 day diet and she said my skin looked great. She didn't know (and still doesn't) that i was doing the wild salmon diet. So that was definitely a big booster:D to my ego, and validated the effort.
Still toying with the 28 day program, but not sure if i want to take all those supplements + the topical creams: seems to much of a committment of time and money. The only drawback of all these diets is that when one travels (as i usually do) it is impossible to stick to them. I refuse to open a bag of wild salmon in the plane and inconvenience half the passengers with the smell. I will incorporate the cheat days as you mentioned, that's a great suggestion. Thanks again!

Ravenly wrote:
I tried the grueling diet as well right around the time that I found this website. I was obsessed (obviously) with preventing wrinkles and decreasing the appearance of stretch marks.

I definately noticed a difference in my skin. The big things on noticed in terms of my looks were as follows:

1. My eye bags were definately diminished and the whites of my eyes seemed alot whiter.
2. My skin seemed alot more hydrated, (This was not due to water since I drink tons of it normally)
3. My pores seemed smaller.

4. My skin definately had more of that "glow", all my skin was influenced, I had even noticed it on my tummy!!

In terms of how I felt phsyically, I also noticed an improvement. I suffer from allergies, and this really helped my congestion. And when I say helped I mean pretty much alleviated it! I think this is why I didn't have the puffy bags under my eyes.
I had more energy and was able to bounce out of bed in the am.

I've have gone off and on this diet many times.

I unfortunately, CANNOT stick to this diet longterm. I am a wimp and have no willpower. Especially on weekends when friends want to go out to dinner and have drinks. I will cave everytime. What has worked for me is cutting out the majority of sugar out of my diet during the week and greatly upping my lean protein consumption while incorporating several "cheat" days. I also am a firm believer in moderate exercise as I feel it helps with circulation which carries the nutrients to your skin. The results are not dramatic as eating loads of salmon but they are definately noticeable.

I am a firm believer that salmon is wonderful for the skin!!!!!! But it would take someone super human (and rich to afford the wild stuff) to be able to consistently eat salmon daily.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |