Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What Is Christie Brinkley's Secret?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
She has done a few key things to keep a youthful look.

first..here eyes are great..still some lines to show maturity..yet open.

Her make up is light

Her hair is thick, shiny, and still long like when she was young.

She is fit..no age pounds

skincare..her skin is in good shape..all you obaji girls know that kind of skin comes from "skincare"..plastic surgery can't give you quality skin.

applause to Christy.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
How do you think that she found her doctors?

Finding a doctor when you're in the beauty industry is probably a lot easier than it is for the general public. I doubt you will ever be able to find out any information about her doctors. I sure would like to know about Jane Fonda's doctors though. One of the few that admits to cosmetic procedures. Smile
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think Barbara Walters looks amazing too. Age appropriate..and just beautiful. I often wonder who her plastic surgeon is..of course she would know of the best.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
I seem to recall reading many years ago that she was allergic to sunscreen and never used it. Perhaps back in the day there were limited options. Any damage she may have received from sun exposure have been fixed. I agree that she looks great and has done gradual little fixes over time so no one can quite put their finger on what she's had done. I'd say filler, botox, skin care and facelift and eyelift. There are some great docs in NYC. Two were mentioned in Makeup Wakeup by Sandy Linter, who looks amazing at several years older herself.

I was shocked to read that Alana Stewart was 67 -- older than Helen Mirren. She looks exactly the same as she always has -- fabulous. I'd love to know who her doctors are.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Why do you all think that celebrities are usually tight-lipped about their beauty regimens, exercise routines, and plastic surgeries?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Why do you all think that celebrities are usually tight-lipped about their beauty regimens, exercise routines, and plastic surgeries?

Because from that point on every article or interview will mention it. Look at Joan Rivers. Have you ever read an article where they didn't say something like "...who has admitted to having extensive plastic surgery." Petty jealousy from other women. Men don't really care as long as you look good.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I seem to recall reading many years ago that she was allergic to sunscreen and never used it. Perhaps back in the day there were limited options. Any damage she may have received from sun exposure have been fixed. I agree that she looks great and has done gradual little fixes over time so no one can quite put their finger on what she's had done. I'd say filler, botox, skin care and facelift and eyelift. There are some great docs in NYC. Two were mentioned in Makeup Wakeup by Sandy Linter, who looks amazing at several years older herself.

I was shocked to read that Alana Stewart was 67 -- older than Helen Mirren. She looks exactly the same as she always has -- fabulous. I'd love to know who her doctors are.

I just looked up Alana Stewart's pictures. She looks amazing. She just has kept a young look..the long hair..she dresses hip and young..she looks amazing.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just read that she uses Human Growth Hormone. Wonder if her ex Rod Stewart is footing the bill.

I just found this clip of her and she doesn't look that great -- too much botox, pulled too tight, waxy looking skin. Maybe she panicked knowing she'd be doing a book tour and went overboard.
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49222571#49222571
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone see her live on Anderson Cooper, earlier in the month? She def has had work, she does not look as "relaxed" as she does in that picture, perhaps shes recently had more and it was not "settled yet". She is still beautiful, no doubt. She is also about to start a skincare line, she kept mentioning. But she was all giddy(ok being nice, she was all over this man) over some guy he had on, it was actually embarassing to watch her, even Anderson was taken back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Michelle Pfeiffer is another one who looks as amazing as Christie Brinkley. I wanna know who their doctors are, dammit!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:42 pm      Reply with quote

Because they have nothing to gain by disclosing the information and potentially much to lose if they do disclose, unless by paid endorsement.

BFG
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Raquel Welch has had the best work EVER. Christie does NOT look the same as that picture when you watch her live on tv. Her face is really altered, that said, she is beautiful, not negating that, but shes had a lot more work than that picture shows. I think anyone having work done is fine, just admit it, is my only beef.

She is also saying she has stayed that way with diet, exercise, ect...she is also selling skin care now or very soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that Christie was a big Thermage user and it worked very well for her for many years. I think her face lift is terrible. She lost her natural look. She is still very pretty, but now she looks like a 50 year old woman with a face lift. IMHO
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
FWIW, my mother looked this good at 60 (seriously), but never had any surgery. But she too is blessed with perfect proportions, and she has worked her fanny off to keep herself looking young. She trained herself to sleep on her back when I was still a kid, started exercising before exercising was cool (she's 76 now and been at it for over 50 years), has been eating healthy my whole life (I hated that when I was young), and has faithfully used the best skincare products she could afford over the years. Etc.

She also did a vigorous round of CP's about 8 years ago that gave her the uglies so bad it scared her to death, but then all the fine lines under her eyes literally *disappeared* about 9 months after she quit using them. She still is scared to death of CP's and won't use them again, even though it's obvious to me the CP's got rid of her lines. She chalked it up all the other stuff she uses, but I saw her pre-CP's and then not again until post-CP's, and that's the only thing in her regimen that she did differently during that time.

She still looks fantastic for her age although her hair has thinned and she could stand to get her teeth whitened.

Point being, looking this good at 60 can be done without surgery. But it takes good genes and a whole lot of work, almost to the point of obsession, and you have to start early.

Unfortunately I look like my father, I'm lazy, and I partied through my 20's. Oh well. Laughing
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
FWIW, my mother looked this good at 60 (seriously), but never had any surgery. But she too is blessed with perfect proportions, and she has worked her fanny off to keep herself looking young. She trained herself to sleep on her back when I was still a kid, started exercising before exercising was cool (she's 76 now and been at it for over 50 years), has been eating healthy my whole life (I hated that when I was young), and has faithfully used the best skincare products she could afford over the years. Etc.

She also did a vigorous round of CP's about 8 years ago that gave her the uglies so bad it scared her to death, but then all the fine lines under her eyes literally *disappeared* about 9 months after she quit using them. She still is scared to death of CP's and won't use them again, even though it's obvious to me the CP's got rid of her lines. She chalked it up all the other stuff she uses, but I saw her pre-CP's and then not again until post-CP's, and that's the only thing in her regimen that she did differently during that time.

She still looks fantastic for her age although her hair has thinned and she could stand to get her teeth whitened.

Point being, looking this good at 60 can be done without surgery. But it takes good genes and a whole lot of work, almost to the point of obsession, and you have to start early.

Unfortunately I look like my father, I'm lazy, and I partied through my 20's. Oh well. Laughing

Yubs,

Thanks for sharing Smile If you have any special insight into what your mom did (e.g., what skin care products, her workout routine, her diet), I and I'm sure others would love to know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well, her workout has changed over the years, but not consistency. She basically exercised 4-5 days per week for the last 45+ years, and now she exercise three days per week. I remember her doing Jack LaLane to our old black and white TV in the '60's, when I was very young. She now has a personal trainer that she works out with in the gym in her building. It's harder for her to do five days per week now, given that she's 76.

She started eating healthy back in the '60's, too. Her favorite lunch has been low-fat cottage cheese and cantaloupe ever since I can remember. We always had salads and lots of fruit and veggies. I remember my lunches always were fruit and sandwiches with whole wheat bread instead of potato chips and sandwiches with Wonderbread like my friends, which is what I wanted. LOL

She got into healthy fats early on, as well. We ate a lot of olive oil on lots of things even back in the 70's, before most people besides Italians and Spanish people knew how good it was for you. Back then everyone still thought Mazola corn oil was healthy.

Her cosmetics were nothing fancy, but again, the best she could afford at the time. She went through Avon, Mary Kay, Clinique, Perricone, etc. Now she does Spin Trap and some other stuff. No more CP's, though, which I think is unfortunate. A good bout of the uglies really helps in the long run.

The primary lesson I take away from my mother now is to start early and be consistent. Too bad I wasn't paying much attention earlier.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Yubs!

Yubs wrote:
The primary lesson I take away from my mother now is to start early and be consistent.

So true, so true!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Years ago, she said she scrubs her face a lot.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with you Yubs.... It make sense to start early as well...

Yubs wrote:

lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Raquel Welch has had the best work EVER. Christie does NOT look the same as that picture when you watch her live on tv. Her face is really altered, that said, she is beautiful, not negating that, but shes had a lot more work than that picture shows. I think anyone having work done is fine, just admit it, is my only beef.

I think Julia Louis-Dreyfus has some of the best work done. She looks great and totally natural.

Btw, how do I put photos in messages?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
She hasnt overdone it.Joan Rivers should take note of her natural look.Her arms though...I noticed Goldie Hawn, Suzanne Summers,Deborah Harry and Brinkley have wrinkled arms, I would be wearing long sleeves, its very noticeable and when people see a smooth face and wrinkly arms they know you had surgery on your face.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
That's because most people don't use anything on their arms or legs, concentrating on face and neck. I want to try Stemutone for the body crepiness but want more real world info.
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have always been in awe of Christie Brinkley's appearance. She is rather vague and general with her answers. Exercise, vegetarian and juicing. I want more answers!!!! I read once that she went to Dr. Pat Wexler in NY. Dr. Wexler has all the latest lasers and her own products. I think Christie has done a lot of little things for years. I actually think she may of had a face lift about 10 years ago. I remember for awhile her face just looked a little different. I am just guessing. I think she looks incredible and I would just love to know more details.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 19, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Wexler recommends Ultherapy and has done it twice on herself, spaced a few years apart. Wish I could afford to see her.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 19, 2013 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
carolb wrote:
I have always been in awe of Christie Brinkley's appearance. She is rather vague and general with her answers. Exercise, vegetarian and juicing. I want more answers!!!! I read once that she went to Dr. Pat Wexler in NY. Dr. Wexler has all the latest lasers and her own products. I think Christie has done a lot of little things for years. I actually think she may of had a face lift about 10 years ago. I remember for awhile her face just looked a little different. I am just guessing. I think she looks incredible and I would just love to know more details.

Christie- who is lovely has looks not from juicing alone. (no). I am sure she recognizes the smart person knows that. The physical picture of Kristie is due to a myriad of things -none disclosed to the public.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |