Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline vs Cellese AnteAGE StemCell creams?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to get one of these but not sure if one is better than another. Has anyone compared? Thanks!
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
I would like to get one of these but not sure if one is better than another. Has anyone compared? Thanks!

what's your intended goal?
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
To improve the integrity of the skin- increase the elasticity and firmness and fade small patches of melasma which did not respond to 3% Hydroquonine. Thanks for your reply!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 am      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
To improve the integrity of the skin- increase the elasticity and firmness and fade small patches of melasma which did not respond to 3% Hydroquonine. Thanks for your reply!

I would suggest sticking to a Vit A and C regimen until independent clinical studies are released showing actual results. These products are pretty pricey, and not many people have seen
measurable results. There are many threads on this sprinkled across the forum...lots of drama, lots of sales pitches, and very limited results.

FYI that I have diffuse melasma on my cheeks, and gave up on topicals other than A and C. The only line I would really consider based on top ratings is Obagi Nuderm, though I will be trying the ReAura laser before I go that route since it can be pretty brutal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I’m personally very high on the growth factor products. There are many to choose from so you need to do your homework. If money is an issue – and it almost always is – you also need to look at what other options you have. For example, the cost of using a growth factor product for three months may be equal to the cost of one (or more) IPL treatments that might possibly produce quicker (and better) results. You also might want to investigate the use of a home device. You will not get immediate results from a topical growth factor product so you need to budget for somewhere between three and six months to truly see any real benefit – otherwise it is just a waste of money.

There is plenty of info here about growth factor products. There are several threads for Lifeline, Reluma and Cellese. Neocutis seems to be one that is being carried by more dermatologists, and also Regenica. But as you read through the threads on EDS you will find that this “technology” is controversial and in the end there is no clear winner in the products. And I do think that most of us that are using these products feel that they show more results on older skin.

I think the future of skin care lies with topical growth factors, but that is just my opinion and lots will disagree with me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Panda has had great results, and if I were to pick a product I would try Lifeline which she is using. (I have tried AnteAge and Reluma)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also interested in buying one of these serums, I have been using the SkinMedica one for the past 2 years, but it's really expensive too, and the packaging is sooooo annoying (it contains two separate gels that you have to mix yourself in your hand, and then one of the gels always runs out before the other.)

But I do love the firming and smoothing effects of this serum. Not sure if the effects are cumulative, but whatever I'm doing to my skin it's working pretty well.

So, is the consensus lifeline, or should I just stick to my Tata Harper/Osea regimen?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all for the feed back. I am on Retin A and investigating the vit C creams through the forums here. Still hard to figure which one of those is best. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my baby Q which I use every other night and have seen improvement with that. I have been using the STOP too, but don't know if it does much. Was seriously thinking of taking the plunge and getting the ReAura as I am in the UK a few times a year and thought of getting it. I just was a little nervous about the pain aspect. Some people say it's not bad - others have said it's painful. Not sure what to believe. So with all that, I was thinking what creams to use. You all are very generous with your advice and I truly appreciate it! Hopefully being a newbie here I will be able to give back sometime to the forum! Smile

PS I think I will bite the bullet and go for the LIFELINE while searching out a good C Thanks again all!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this yesterday on another thread but for anyone interested in Lifeline they are having a sale today that ends at 12pm PST. All their products are 25% off. This company does not have a lot of discounts usually so it might be worth ordering today if you really want to try it.

https://www.lifelineskincare.com/shop

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Something else about these growth factor products that is important to note is that they are meant to be used twice a day. I believe that Lifeline is the only company that has a separate product for day time and night time use. The other companies have a single product. Some people are put off by the chemical sunscreen that is in the Lifeline Day Serum and I can appreciate that, but if you want to see the fastest results you really need to use the product twice a day and if you don’t want to use the Day Serum that means using the Night Serum twice a day – and I don’t think you can get a month of twice daily applications from a single bottle. Make no mistake, this is an expensive product and I am all about trying to save money, but my husband is a “casual” Lifeline user and it has taken about 4 months to finally start to see some progress. I think what happens with casual use is that people don’t see results quickly and they get discouraged and stop using the product before it really starts to show progress and then it is just a waste of money.

I am considering purchasing a bottle of the Eye Serum and using it in place of the Day Serum during some of the winter months. But I haven’t had any problems using the Day Serum and since I am terrible about applying sunscreen, I’m guessing I have probably benefitted from it. I’m just not wild about the idea of regular use of chemical sunscreen.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange, and others, I am using Lifeline and think it does a lot for my skin, radiant, soft,clear. I tried Cellese and it was quite different, made my skin pale and matte. Since I don't have red skin or any acne marks, I felt it wasn't a good fit for me. Also had a sample of the Tata H. Which I found sticky. The Lifeline does something elegant right away. Still trialing, but do like the results. Will keep you informed after another month or so. It does not do anything for age spots, wish it would do that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I'm also interested in buying one of these serums, I have been using the SkinMedica one for the past 2 years, but it's really expensive too, and the packaging is sooooo annoying (it contains two separate gels that you have to mix yourself in your hand, and then one of the gels always runs out before the other.)

But I do love the firming and smoothing effects of this serum. Not sure if the effects are cumulative, but whatever I'm doing to my skin it's working pretty well.

So, is the consensus lifeline, or should I just stick to my Tata Harper/Osea regimen?

--avalange

I'd prob add in Lifeline, since it has the most reported 'longterm benefits", but that said, if what your already doing is making your skin very happy, why change? I saw a picture of your skin and its beautiful. Perhaps stay doing what you are and add Lifeline in and see if your skin loves it. A lot of us using any stem cell products have experienced "extra" fuzz, some a lot, some enough to just annoy, apparently it is an unwanted side effect. A very few have reported this NOT happening, but the majority have experienced it.

just my thoughts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just to be clear... I'm olive toned and the peach fuzz wasn't dark, it's blond. I only noticed it when I used one of those thick gel enzyme exfoliants and it stuck to the facial hair. Freaked me out a bit.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany wrote:
I would suggest sticking to a Vit A and C regimen until independent clinical studies are released showing actual results. These products are pretty pricey, and not many people have seen
measurable results. There are many threads on this sprinkled across the forum...lots of drama, lots of sales pitches, and very limited results.

FYI that I have diffuse melasma on my cheeks, and gave up on topicals other than A and C. The only line I would really consider based on top ratings is Obagi Nuderm, though I will be trying the ReAura laser before I go that route since it can be pretty brutal.

You would only consider Obagi? Did something happen to make you displeased with Environ?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:01 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Bethany wrote:

You would only consider Obagi? Did something happen to make you displeased with Environ?

I like the convenience of Environ (combined a and c) but it hasn't seemed to impact my pigmentation spots at all, unfortunately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
A lot of us using any stem cell products have experienced "extra" fuzz, some a lot, some enough to just annoy, apparently it is an unwanted side effect. A very few have reported this NOT happening, but the majority have experienced it

Umm...this suggests to me that the products are interfering with the body's endocrinological system.

hmmm...BFG
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |