Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Natural HGH booster?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
My internist wants me to start taking a product called "Secretropin" because my HGH is very low. Apparently low HGH contributes to sagging skin, loss of elasticity, jowls, turkey neck, etc. If Secretropin weren't so expensive ($150 a month!!) I'd buy it.

Does anyone here know of any ways to boost HGH naturally?

Thanks!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
High intensity exercise! I'd stay away from any such supplements.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairydogmother, I've been interested myself in the HGH, asked sometime around here but didn't find any posters using it or alternatives.
In my research I came across the video on youtube interviewing Louisa Graves which I found entertaining and in the minute 04:20, nearly at the end she mentions a supplement called Symbiotrophin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsMQDjefczk

I've not tried it out myself but searched for more info about it, just type the name in google and there is tons of info like this:
http://www.feel21.com/site/product.cfm?id=Symbiotropin

I still consider it expensive though, and I would love to try it out for about six months to see results myself, but finding it difficult to buy where I live.

Please do post if you find out any other alternative.

HIH, A.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:

Hi cm5597, what do you mean by high intensity exercise, ... short busts of quick movements, nearly anaerobic that leave you out of breath in a short while or a long standing high intensity like running aerobic exercises where you are nearly out of breath but adapt to keep up?
Not sure if what I'm asking you is clear, so in any case, could you explain a bit of what high intensity exercise is??
TIA, Anne.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

Hi cm5597, what do you mean by high intensity exercise, ... short busts of quick movements, nearly anaerobic that leave you out of breath in a short while or a long standing high intensity like running aerobic exercises where you are nearly out of breath but adapt to keep up?
Not sure if what I'm asking you is clear, so in any case, could you explain a bit of what high intensity exercise is??
TIA, Anne.

Hi Anne,
Not cm5597, but I can share this: A few years ago, I had my hormone levels checked by an endocrinologist and before the test she asked how often I exercised and at what intensity. She said that it would impact Testosterone and HGH levels. She said after vigorous exercise that the levels of these two hormones will be elevated for hours.

And a few studies have shown that intermittent fasting also increases HGH levels.
http://www.naturalnews.com/034704_intermittent_fasting_fitness_HGH.html

I also found this online. Speaks of how intense exercise should be: Tahttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12797841

5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I found this article but it requires you to take supplements.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/28867-naturally-increase-hgh-levels/

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure but perhaps these related threads might also be helpful: Smile

Intermittent Fasting for HGH and Fat Loss
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=42817

Intermittent Fasting for Health & Beauty
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45380
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

TIA, Anne.

Hi ATester Smile,

Yes, the former: short bursts of intense exercise that leave you huffing and puffing (anaerobic). I don't know about HGH secretion in the context of the latter (the long-duration, but high intensity aerobics workouts).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you erg and cm5597!! Very Happy I've only just started up the exercising more seriously again about two months ago, and this information gives me boost to keep it up!! Laughing
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
yeah!!

Me too... I take yoga classes 4x a week, but just joined a gym to get some cardio in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I briefly dated a doctor who did HIIT on the treadmill for fifteen minutes, replacing longer steady state cardio. He continued doing heavy weight training. His regular diet stayed the same. He claimed that he lost fifteen pounds and regained the rock hard erections of his younger days. He was 60.

That last bit might encourage some men to get up off the couch.

So I guess the higher testosterone levels explains why fit people have better sex.
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feed back! I already do intermittent fasting and extended fasting, but haven't really done a whole lot of high intensity exercise.

My internist old me that low HGH is what causes the sagging skin, loss of elasticity, jowls, wrinkles, crepey skin, etc. I have been doing everything under the sun to slow the aging process, but still have the flabby, wrinkly skin. Ugh!

I saw a video not too long ago (I believe someone posted it here?). It was a BBC video on fasting and IGF and longevity. My internist tests HGH with the IGF-1 labs. I'm already on BHRT and he wants me to start taking Secretropin, but it's so expensive!
HGH injections are insanely expensive, and even the supplements cost a lot.

I guess this is the missing piece to anti-aging?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Fairydogmother wrote:
Thanks for the feed back! I already do intermittent fasting and extended fasting, but haven't really done a whole lot of high intensity exercise.

My internist old me that low HGH is what causes the sagging skin, loss of elasticity, jowls, wrinkles, crepey skin, etc. I have been doing everything under the sun to slow the aging process, but still have the flabby, wrinkly skin. Ugh!

I saw a video not too long ago (I believe someone posted it here?). It was a BBC video on fasting and IGF and longevity. My internist tests HGH with the IGF-1 labs. I'm already on BHRT and he wants me to start taking Secretropin, but it's so expensive!
HGH injections are insanely expensive, and even the supplements cost a lot.

I guess this is the missing piece to anti-aging?

I did a ton of HIIT and IF last year; still had a sagging jawline in a photo ID I had taken at the end of last December, and also a swollen neck probably due to thyroid inflammation.

Suzanne Somers is one of the big HGH proponents; she takes tons of hormones in addition to HGH, but recently had a face lift, which makes you wonder if the supplements have a beneficial effect. Confused

In the last year I've also read IF doesn't have the same beneficial effect for women as it does men, and even then, it may not really be that good for anyone because it activates the low metabolic "torpor/hibernation" state. This is the idea that a slowed rate of metabolism leads to longevity. You can look at any of the low carb paleo leaders (Mark Sisson etc) or doctors who advocate CR and see it is actually pro-aging....
http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/

In the last 6 months, I have been studying the work of a biologist named Ray Peat. He says it's all connected- what you eat, what supplements you take, etc; there are no closed systems. So everything you eat and all the supplements you take affects everything and it either works syngergistcally for good or something you eat or do throws something else off. Based on his decades of reasearch, he thinks progesterone, pregnenolone and DHEA are the "youth hormones":
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/three-hormones.shtml

Peat also seems to think a high metabolism is the key to anti-aging, so IF and to some extent CR is out.

He says estrogen is the "stress" hormone and is bad; estrogen increases growth hormone, so HGH is not something you want to take, since estogen causes cancer.

Here is Suzanne Somers explaining HGH. Remember, she has had plastic surgery...... and also multiple cancer scares:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZMjYtYJlvU

Peat says pregnenolone has a facelifting effect. Here is a link that shows before and after pictures of Peat, showing the effects of his diet and use of pregnenolone:
http://www.thepeatwhisperer.com/
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Gretchen!!! Very informative! Very Happy
I'd only heard about pregnenolone in some magazine and never really bothered to search into it, thinking it was just another fad product on sale!
About Suzanne Somers, after watching the vid of youtube you posted, I went on and watched the next one,... and there she mentions a relationship of cancer with the lack of the estriol type of estrogen, saying that she lacks the estriol production which is apparently related to cancer -that is, the lack of it; so she supplements to prevent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8i3sKvdRLg
So it is all a bit confusing to say the least!

Sorry to hear your HIIT and IF of last year didn't prove the result you may have expected... makes me wonder but I'll still go on with my exercises just for the sake of keeping fit and flexible though.

And after taking a look at the pictures of Dr. Peat, supposedly before and after about a year... WOW... I really must look into this!
I've been searching just a little though but haven't yet found what diet he recommends.
Thanks.
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Interesting. I have never been a fan of Suzanne Somers, anyway. It's all so confusing.

I was talking to a scientist a few months ago. He told me that absolutely, without a doubt, calorie restriction slows aging because it slows the metabolism, which reduces cell division and therefore produces less toxins.

I don't know what the answer is. I do know that slightly underweight animals live longer, and "blue zone" vegetarians live longer. So I'm sure you're right that it's what you eat, too.

I am in several Facebook water fasting groups. Seems like most people there rid themselves of all kinds of chronic conditions when they do extended fasts.

As far as estrogen supplementation, I was told that estriol is the "good" estrogen, and estradiol is the "bad" estrogen. Also, my internist said that it's not estrogen that causes breast cancer; it's the imbalance of hormones that puts us at risk (i.e. estrogen dominance, low progesterone, etc). He also told me that Iodine supplementation is great cause it converts estradiol to estriol. I will have to ask him about what you posted. I don't know what the answer is anymore. Thanks!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Fairydogmother wrote:
Wow! Interesting. I have never been a fan of Suzanne Somers, anyway. It's all so confusing.

I was talking to a scientist a few months ago. He told me that absolutely, without a doubt, calorie restriction slows aging because it slows the metabolism, which reduces cell division and therefore produces less toxins.

I don't know what the answer is. I do know that slightly underweight animals live longer, and "blue zone" vegetarians live longer. So I'm sure you're right that it's what you eat, too.

I am in several Facebook water fasting groups. Seems like most people there rid themselves of all kinds of chronic conditions when they do extended fasts.

As far as estrogen supplementation, I was told that estriol is the "good" estrogen, and estradiol is the "bad" estrogen. Also, my internist said that it's not estrogen that causes breast cancer; it's the imbalance of hormones that puts us at risk (i.e. estrogen dominance, low progesterone, etc). He also told me that Iodine supplementation is great cause it converts estradiol to estriol. I will have to ask him about what you posted. I don't know what the answer is anymore. Thanks!

Yes, there are still a lot of doctors/researchers and lay people who think a slowed metabolism is the key to longevity. If you can calorie restrict and still maintain a temperature over 98 degrees and a pulse upwards of 75-80 bpm, sure. Ray Peat says a pulse under 75 correlates with being less healthy and also less intelligent.... And definitely the proof that CR is pro-aging is in many of the pictures of the doctors, paleo bloggers and low-carb/calorie enthusiasts who look worn out, tired and frankly old, even with a tan. Very Happy

Listen to Matt Stone explain it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEmvFvAVKYI

Calorie restriction as an anti-aging method has also recently been debunked in the media:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/science/low-calorie-diet-doesnt-prolong-life-study-of-monkeys-finds.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Read this articles to understand even more about why the rate of living/low-metabolism-to-extend life theory is wrong:
http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2011/04/26/don%E2%80%99t-be-conned-by-the-resveratrol-scam/

Calorie restriction aged the crap out of me and is probably the reason I landed on these forums,lol! Very Happy
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Ray Peat says a pulse under 75 correlates with being less healthy D

A lot of professional athlete has a pulse under 75 are you saying they are unhealthy?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Gretchen,

Do you have any names/links or photos you can post here of these doctors, bloggers and lowcarb/low cal enthusiasts who have aged as a result? I would like to see their photos online.

Thanks, BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Gretchen,

Do you have any names/links or photos you can post here of these doctors, bloggers and lowcarb/low cal enthusiasts who have aged as a result? I would like to see their photos online.

Thanks, BFG

BFG, here is an article about a 20 year study of caloric restriction on monkeys, and the accompanying pics seem to say the opposite.

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/science/87/8731sci2.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Suzanne looks terrible. However, it's my understanding that she did not have a conventional facelift but rather had stem cells injected into her face, which is experimental as far as I know. She also had stem cells injected into the breast that was shriveled by radiation therapy.

I took pregnenolone for a few years but was advised to switch to DHEA since the pregnenolone has to convert to DHEA and it would save a step. At least I think that is what I was told years ago. DHEA can be found in any drugstore these days.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Gretchen,

Thanks, BFG

Brad Pilon, who advocates doing 1-2 24 hour fasts a week:

CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Gretchen,

Thanks, BFG

Am I missing something here. This guy is someone you think looks old.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
gretchen wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Gretchen,

Thanks, BFG

Am I missing something here. This guy is someone you think looks old.

This is a picture of Brad from a few years ago:
http://bradpilon.com/
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Still not understanding either, I think he looks healthy and young in both images.

hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Still not understanding either, I think he looks healthy and young in both images.

hmm

He looks significantly older imo. Eyes are strangely beady, skin has a greyish pallor and also lacks a glow.... What's up with the glasses? Confused

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |