Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Natural HGH booster?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, how old is he?
He seems very young to me. Can't grasp the point of commenting on his appearance as he seems so young. Maybe in his late twenties... And also he is wearing the same glasses and clothes on both pics.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Sorry, how old is he?
He seems very young to me. Can't grasp the point of commenting on his appearance as he seems so young. Maybe in his late twenties...

Sorry, to clarify, I mean HGH decreases after the forties as far as I've read, I don't see the point of referring to younger persons... I would personally prefer to know about experience with people over forty to be able to get a "true" version... Not only opinions of younger people, who honestly don't really know what one is talking about until they reach a certain age... NO offence to the under forties!
havana8

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Sorry, how old is he?
He seems very young to me. Can't grasp the point of commenting on his appearance as he seems so young. Maybe in his late twenties... And also he is wearing the same glasses and clothes on both pics.

Not sure when those photos were taken but in 2008 he was 31 according to this: http://bradpilon.com/healthy-ramblings/big-eat-stop-eat-announcement/

Here's another more recent blog pic from December: http://bradpilon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/BP-Dec-2012.jpg
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Sorry, how old is he?

No, he looks noticeably different, and not remotely like a 20 something. He did not wear glasses a few years ago, but now does, for whatever reason.

Watch these videos and compare---

This year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvaqckgwSls&list=UUGse7U9NAkH-y4Vj7w9nQnQ&index=1

A few years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDmJmE0eVkY&list=UUGse7U9NAkH-y4Vj7w9nQnQ&index=14
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I only notice the different hairstyle. Longer hair makes any guy look younger, in my opinion. I've never been a fan of the shaved head.

I think what is more important is how someone feels. If he or anyone feels better doing his routine, then it works for them. Everyone is different so the hard part is finding something that works for you.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
erg wrote:
Still not understanding either, I think he looks healthy and young in both images.

hmm

He looks significantly older imo. Eyes are strangely beady, skin has a greyish pallor and also lacks a glow.... What's up with the glasses? Confused

Unless it is identical lighting and camera techniques, you can't really compare photos as flash can totally washout wrinkles, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
He looks older! 31 pushing late 30s or early 40s at least.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Looks like natural aging to me and within the realm that can be expected. Since these photos are separated by a few years, I don't see that he has aged much faster or slower than others. Just my 2 cents.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
To Fairydogmother, this seems a less expensive product, it is in a thread here at EDS in the skin care forum:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47584

It talks about the secretagogue product named Serovital, I can't find much more info about it than what appears here.

http://www.serovital.com/

HIH, A.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Looks like natural aging to me and within the realm that can be expected. Since these photos are separated by a few years, I don't see that he has aged much faster or slower than others. Just my 2 cents.

Actually, he's 35, not 31. His skin has a strange greyish cast; if this is considered "normal" aging, fine. Other people his age don't have greyish skin:

Orlando Bloom

Liv Tyler
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just to follow the original post of this thread, is there anyone here who has taken a secretagogue of HGH?
And how is it working out?
1rbgirl

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
hifairydogmother, you mentioned your doctor wanted you to try SECRETROPIN, where did he tell u to get it?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Finally someplace to post about this where someone will *get* it! (I dont post on the body building forums.)

I have been taking Growth Factor9 for 3 weeks and really notice a change in the distribution of fat on my body. Im not overweight but the thickening of the waist area is always something I keep an eye on and struggle with. Exercises really dont work to trim the waist, contrary to notions about that. Weight loss helps (I lost 30 pounds this winter when I was battling kidney stones) but unless I am rail-thin, I still have the "pooch" it seems.

When I first started taking GF9 I could not believe how flat my abdo became - almost in a week. And as long as I watch out for the gluten, sugar/sugar substitutes, soy, dairy, corn, peanuts and avoid them I stay slender.

It is only to be taken sporadically, else the body loses the sensitivity to it. I take it M-F. While away on vaca I was off it a week and really noticed how sluggish and dull and dumpy I felt. And the pooch returned - also I fell off the no-gluten/no sugar wagon Confused

It is pricy but deals can be found online if you shop around. If you read the following website for it it will explain the rationale for it and what it does, if you arent familiar with secretagogues:

Ingredients
SeroVital™ 2.9 g A Proprietary Blend Containing:
L-Lysine HCl, L-Arginine HCl, Oxo-Proline, N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, L-Glutamine, Schizonepeta (aerial parts) powder

http://www.novexbiotech.com/growth-factor-9.html?gclid=CJr0xNjZ6bcCFc9xQgod5wwARQ

Its not a true "growth hormone" and its not derived from human tissue; its just amino acids and some herb called schizonepeta. Not sure the ratios or what bearing the herb has on the amino acids but it works for me. Im going to experiment with other secretagogues when I run out to see if other amino acid products might work as well and be less exxy.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi 1rbgirl,

The doc I see is a board certified internist who specializes in hormonal balance. He recommended Secretropin. For some reason I can't post links yet, but if you Google Secretropin, there are lots of videos and web sites about it. The famous Hall Center in LA sells it. It is expensive, though. The doc told me that no other hormone works like HGH for sagging skin, wrinkles, etc.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Fairydogmother wrote:
Hi 1rbgirl,

The doc I see is a board certified internist who specializes in hormonal balance. He recommended Secretropin. For some reason I can't post links yet, but if you Google Secretropin, there are lots of videos and web sites about it. The famous Hall Center in LA sells it. It is expensive, though. The doc told me that no other hormone works like HGH for sagging skin, wrinkles, etc.

Fairydogmother great name!! Very Happy

Does the package of Secretropin list the ingreds?
By nature, a secretagogue only works to stimulate production of hGH; most of these products should be nearly the same, except for price and vehicle/delivery system.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
My pulse rate regular hovers at 64-68 - used to be much lower... running, gymnastics, weight lifting - always active. Should I sit still and let it climb so I can be more healthy according to Peat?

I - like others would like an explanation to this.
You write about him often and this is a question I'm sure he has answered frequently.

Thanks. Sis
CookieD wrote:
gretchen wrote:
Ray Peat says a pulse under 75 correlates with being less healthy D

A lot of professional athlete has a pulse under 75 are you saying they are unhealthy?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:53 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
My pulse rate regular hovers at 64-68 - used to be much lower... running, gymnastics, weight lifting - always active. Should I sit still and let it climb so I can be more healthy according to Peat?

I - like others would like an explanation to this.
You write about him often and this is a question I'm sure he has answered frequently.

Thanks. Sis
CookieD wrote:
gretchen wrote:
Ray Peat says a pulse under 75 correlates with being less healthy D

A lot of professional athlete has a pulse under 75 are you saying they are unhealthy?

It makes no sense that more beats per minute is healthier. Elite athletes have resting heart rates from 40-60 beats per minute and sometimes even lower. It's better if my heart works harder? Ray Peat sure says some questionable things.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Reposting @ Fairydogmother:

Im intrigued about this Secretropin. I see an Rx-only and an OTC oral spray. Which do you take and is it available anywhere cheaper than $150/bottle?

I love my Growth Factor9 but always looking for the next best thing!
Thx

5% products discount

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie! Thanks. I do a lot of animal rescue, that's why I chose this user name. Smile

I don't know what the ingredients are in Secretropin cause I never bought or tried it. It's way too expensive! I had asked my internist what I could do to reduce the saggy skin, even though I exercise a lot. I have to wear 3/4 sleeves all the time cause my upper arms are saggy, crepey, and wrinkly! I'm slim and at a good weight but have saggy skin in certain areas that I cannot tone up. I'm on BHRT and he told me the only thing that will help is human growth hormone. He does the injections, too, but that is ridiculously unaffordable. LOL

So I posted my question here to see if anyone has a less expensive alternative to Secretropin. I have never tried Secretropin. It looks like The Hall Center sells it.

On another web site I noticed some people were taking a product called Ageless Ultramax Gold which has various amino acids in it (?)
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I had posted another question a few days ago about Thermage as well. I am desperate to tighten my problem areas! Short of cosmetic surgery--which is way too expensive--I'm not sure what to do? HGH? Thermage? Laser? Heavier weight lifting?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thx FDM (I giggle at your name every time!)

I dont have any answers about the extra arm skin tho, aside from lipo I guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just received one bottle of Natural Hormone Boosters from Oleda Baker's website. I will take three tablets before bed for three weeks, then take a week off. If I notice a positive change, I will reorder or perhaps look for them cheaper online.

Ingredients are Glycine, L-glutamine, L-arginine,peptide, pepsin, L-ornithine.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I just received one bottle of Natural Hormone Boosters from Oleda Baker's website. I will take three tablets before bed for three weeks, then take a week off. If I notice a positive change, I will reorder or perhaps look for them cheaper online.

Ingredients are Glycine, L-glutamine, L-arginine,peptide, pepsin, L-ornithine.

That looks interesting SS! Ingreds are similar to my GrowthFactor9:

SeroVital™ 2.9 g A Proprietary Blend Containing:
L-Lysine HCl, L-Arginine HCl, Oxo-Proline, N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, L-Glutamine, Schizonepeta (aerial parts) powder

L-Ornithine attenuates fatigue, so it should give you some pep:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19083482

Let us know how you like it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if it was due to the Hormone booster tabs but it took me two hours to fall asleep last night! Well, I will try to keep doing this until the bottle is gone then during that one week off period, see if I sleep better. My sleeping patterns are strange anyway. I think I'll take a nap now!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like I won't be able to take this Hormone Booster because one of the ingredients is Pepsin, which causes acid reflux in me. I'll have to find something similar online without that one ingredient.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |