Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best cleansers and body washes to use with a Clarisonic?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Specially Organic or Natural.

Thank You!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Interestingly, I've been told by a derm to not use a cleanser with my Clarisonic Shock

I was told to wash my face with cleanser, but use my Clarisonic with water post-cleanse (or in the morning before makeup) so it would exfoliate and not push dirt/makeup/grime into my pores.

My skin actually cleared up once I switched to using only water. And my brush heads last longer and do not get stained or anything by using only water.

Can't get any more natural than water Smile

I use a natural balm cleanser, which wouldn't work with the Clarisonic very well (though it does emulsify into a milk when mixed with water, so it might). I use REN No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm (I LOVE IT! HG for me!). And when I was using a cleanser with my Clarisonic, I used Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, though far from natural.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Interestingly, I've been told by a derm to not use a cleanser with my Clarisonic Shock

I was told to wash my face with cleanser, but use my Clarisonic with water post-cleanse (or in the morning before makeup) so it would exfoliate and not push dirt/makeup/grime into my pores.

My skin actually cleared up once I switched to using only water. And my brush heads last longer and do not get stained or anything by using only water.

Can't get any more natural than water Smile

I use a natural balm cleanser, which wouldn't work with the Clarisonic very well (though it does emulsify into a milk when mixed with water, so it might). I use REN No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm (I LOVE IT! HG for me!). And when I was using a cleanser with my Clarisonic, I used Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, though far from natural.

So it's not necessary to use a cleanser or body was? Wow, what's the science with clarisonic and water only? Smoother skin? What are the pros of using a cleanser or body wash with it?

Thank You!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I find that the whole purpose of a Clarisonic is mechanical exfoliation. Whether you use a cleanser or not, it is exfoliating your skin manually.

Many use a cleanser to remove makeup with a Clarisonic, which I initially did, but the derm told me it would a) save my brush heads and b) serve my face better to just use water (this may not be the case for everyone).

I've never found that the Clarisonic removes my makeup effectively, especially my eye makeup so for me the benefit is exfoliation alone.

And I found that I didn't dry my face out as much when I just used water. Actually, if you google makeup removal and the Clarisonic, you'll see some articles recommending that you remove your makeup before you use the Clarisonic (as a lot of users do this). Thus, for me, water makes sense because if I were to use a cleanser a second time with my Clarisonic, it would totally over dry my skin.

So I remove my makeup at night with a cleanser, and use my Clarisonic in the morning in the shower with just water. No more breakouts and softer skin!

EDITED TO ADD: I wouldn't use an exfoliating cleanser in addition to the Clarisonic (such as a cleanser with grains it in)...there is such a thing as too much exfoliation Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:22 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I find that the whole purpose of a Clarisonic is mechanical exfoliation. Whether you use a cleanser or not, it is exfoliating your skin manually.

Many use a cleanser to remove makeup with a Clarisonic, which I initially did, but the derm told me it would a) save my brush heads and b) serve my face better to just use water (this may not be the case for everyone).

I've never found that the Clarisonic removes my makeup effectively, especially my eye makeup so for me the benefit is exfoliation alone.

And I found that I didn't dry my face out as much when I just used water. Actually, if you google makeup removal and the Clarisonic, you'll see some articles recommending that you remove your makeup before you use the Clarisonic (as a lot of users do this). Thus, for me, water makes sense because if I were to use a cleanser a second time with my Clarisonic, it would totally over dry my skin.

So I remove my makeup at night with a cleanser, and use my Clarisonic in the morning in the shower with just water. No more breakouts and softer skin!

EDITED TO ADD: I wouldn't use an exfoliating cleanser in addition to the Clarisonic (such as a cleanser with grains it in)...there is such a thing as too much exfoliation Shock

So the Clarisonic and water alone do the same job which is remove the dirt and impurities from each pore of the skin correct? So what's the function of the cleanser?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
The cleanser can help breakup makeup and the like. Many people enjoy using it with a cleanser because they feel they are getting their skin really clean. I have a body brush too and I do use a body wash for my body with the Clarisonic.

And I don't just cleanse with water...I do use a cleanser, but I cleanse prior to using the Clarisonic. So I remove dirt and impurities by using my facial cleanser prior to exfoliating with the Clarisonic. Water doesn't break up makeup alone, that's where the cleanser comes in. I just don't use them both together because for me, it keeps my brush heads nicer way longer (they do not get stained), and I remove ALL of my makeup and remove dirt/impurities prior to the Clarisonic, so I know I'm exfoliating clean skin.

The Clarisonic exfoliates the surface of the skin, and combined with a cleanser it does remove dirt and impurities, but for me it never removed everything.

A cleanser does what a cleanser does...if you want one step, use the Clarisonic with a cleanser but it never worked for me as I still had eye makeup that wouldn't come clean off with the Clarisonic. And like I said the derm told me I may risk pushing makeup INTO my pores instead of removing it with the Clarisonic (I also heard this from a friend of mine who is a professional makeup artist with MAC). It is just this derm's opinion (and my friend's opinion) and everyone is different. My skin improved when switching to this method AND I save money with my brush heads. It's a win-win for me.

You can use any gel/cream/foaming cleanser you want with the Clarisonic...I wouldn't use a cleansing oil, but that's just me. You can use your favorite cleanser.

That said: I'm NOT recommending you use just water and nothing else to cleanse your face with (especially if you wear makeup). But in terms of the Clarisonic, if you use it on an already-clean face, you've already removed dirt and impurities, and are exfoliating nicely on cleansed skin...that's when I see the most benefit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
The cleanser can help breakup makeup and the like. Many people enjoy using it with a cleanser because they feel they are getting their skin really clean. I have a body brush too and I do use a body wash for my body with the Clarisonic.

And I don't just cleanse with water...I do use a cleanser, but I cleanse prior to using the Clarisonic. So I remove dirt and impurities by using my facial cleanser prior to exfoliating with the Clarisonic. Water doesn't break up makeup alone, that's where the cleanser comes in. I just don't use them both together because for me, it keeps my brush heads nicer way longer (they do not get stained), and I remove ALL of my makeup and remove dirt/impurities prior to the Clarisonic, so I know I'm exfoliating clean skin.

The Clarisonic exfoliates the surface of the skin, and combined with a cleanser it does remove dirt and impurities, but for me it never removed everything.

A cleanser does what a cleanser does...if you want one step, use the Clarisonic with a cleanser but it never worked for me as I still had eye makeup that wouldn't come clean off with the Clarisonic. And like I said the derm told me I may risk pushing makeup INTO my pores instead of removing it with the Clarisonic (I also heard this from a friend of mine who is a professional makeup artist with MAC). It is just this derm's opinion (and my friend's opinion) and everyone is different. My skin improved when switching to this method AND I save money with my brush heads. It's a win-win for me.

You can use any gel/cream/foaming cleanser you want with the Clarisonic...I wouldn't use a cleansing oil, but that's just me. You can use your favorite cleanser.

That said: I'm NOT recommending you use just water and nothing else to cleanse your face with (especially if you wear makeup). But in terms of the Clarisonic, if you use it on an already-clean face, you've already removed dirt and impurities, and are exfoliating nicely on cleansed skin...that's when I see the most benefit.

I see. I don't wear make up though, only blush, lipstick and mascara. Thank You for the info! You have been very helpful and cleared lots of doubts! Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I would still use a cleanser to remove blush, lipstick, and mascara.

Give both a try...use the Clarisonic to cleanse with a cleanser, and then try the other way and cleanse your face first, then use it with just water. Whatever works best for you is the way to go! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I would still use a cleanser to remove blush, lipstick, and mascara.

Give both a try...use the Clarisonic to cleanse with a cleanser, and then try the other way and cleanse your face first, then use it with just water. Whatever works best for you is the way to go! Very Happy

I'll will and let you know!
Thank You!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |