Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ultra-renew device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
That's what we call fabtastical news, thankyou PQ, you're a gem.
X
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
PQ, I purchased the same model ultrasound as you and I had something odd happen tonight. I was using it with water sprayed on my face. While I was working on my cheek I noticed what looked like smoke but could have been a mist? I saw this out of the corner of my eye so I couldn't be sure what it was. I turned the machine off and stopped using it. The head was not hot to the touch.

If you spritz the head of the US while it's on, it kind of bubbles and dissipates so I'm not sure if what I saw was just the reaction of the machine to the water. I've never noticed this happening before.

Has anyone else ever noticed anything like this?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:
PQ, I purchased the same model ultrasound as you and I had something odd happen tonight. I was using it with water sprayed on my face. While I was working on my cheek I noticed what looked like smoke but could have been a mist? I saw this out of the corner of my eye so I couldn't be sure what it was. I turned the machine off and stopped using it. The head was not hot to the touch.

If you spritz the head of the US while it's on, it kind of bubbles and dissipates so I'm not sure if what I saw was just the reaction of the machine to the water. I've never noticed this happening before.

Has anyone else ever noticed anything like this?

I would proceed with caution, and speak to the supplier. As I am not there to look at the device, you need to check there isn't a fault.

PQ

Mon May 27, 2013 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I use both the Sculpt and the Ultra Renew from Truth In Aging and have seen FANTASTIC results. It's been about 3 months that I've been using Ultra Renew and 1 month on Sculpt (I got it when it first came out). I always thought firming only came from going to the gym, but I was wrong.
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 27, 2013 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
That's encouraging to hear beautyoninside!There's hope for my jigglies yet. Laughing

5% products discount

Thu May 30, 2013 10:27 am      Reply with quote
PQ, I am really looking forward to your next blog post. My Sain Sonic device is being delivered today. Amazon is now fulfilling those orders themselves so I got mine PRONTO after reading this thread.

I tend to have a lot of puffiness around my left eye, and I'm hoping the device will encourage drainage and help with that a bit as well.
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
How do you use the device to help with Under eye puffiness? Do I get up under the lower eyelashes and move it outward toward the ear? Or do I hold it still? I'm still not sure what I'm doing in some areas.
McRachel
5% products discount

Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:
How do you use the device to help with Under eye puffiness? Do I get up under the lower eyelashes and move it outward toward the ear? Or do I hold it still? I'm still not sure what I'm doing in some areas.

That's what I'm hoping to find out. I haven't used mine yet but in the booklet it looks like you use the light function and run it from the inside corner under the eye to the top of the ear and down the jawline.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I found the ultra renew and ultra renew plus on eBay (the plus was $40 for me). They look EXACTLY the same, same specs.

Marta says in her comments section where someone else says they bought one that she 'optimized' them for her shop, however, they are exactly the same looking 3MHz ultrasonic, galvanic LED devices...

Just thought it was worth a mention if anyone is interested in trying one without spending a whole lot. Or wait till I have mine to see if it works. It should arrive in a few days.

ETA ah, I see this has already been discussed.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I just tried the 'ultra renew plus'-like device. I wanted to check in with anyone that has one of these. Did your treatment head warm up much, and give you a warm flush under the treatment area? Because that is what I expected (salon treatments certainly will), however, the head of my device stayed quite cool, and got only slightly warm after a while. I felt absolutely nothing except a bit of warmth from the LEDs (I used green because I don't have any green ones). My skin stayed cool to the touch. I was disappointed to feel no sensation at all.

I used to be an aesthetician, and when using galvanic, there was always a noticeable tingle. I wonder if anyone else feels nothing with their device and this is normal for these, or if I got a faulty one?

My skin felt nice after the massage and looked more awake, but massage will do that, won't it? I was hoping for a stronger device for sure. Surely you should feel ... something?
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Confused Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Confused Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I am such an idiot!
Or maybe not, seeing as I proved I'm not a sucker for placebo effect Surprised

I didn't have the device fully activated. Now that it is, I can feel it, and it feels like ultrasound and galvanic. I love it!

Sorry Sad
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I know I may be talking to myself here at this point, but, wow, this thing works! I only had time to do half my face before my cleaning lady arrived as I didn't want to be caught in the act, and when I rushed downstairs after quickly wiping off the gel, even my husband could see the obvious lift and depuffing in the side I treated. Plus that side feels fantastic! It's hard to explain, but my face on that side feels just wonderful, just like I've had a deluxe facial, although it was just 13 mins. For $40, I think this is a wonderful tool to have. I can see using it on mornings I'm feeling puffy, and on days I want to look my best.

I'm going to be working this baby every day before a modeling assignment I have next week, especially as I am NOT a professional model, even though Ive often been dragged into it, I hate it above everything, especially as I get older. This however is for charity, so saying no for reasons of vanity or insecurity was not very cool. This came along at the right time to help me feel a little more fresh.

I can only begin to imagine what kinds of things the Pico toner does...
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
This makes me want to get one like yours!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Which one do you have Mars? I got this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3MHz-Ultrasonic-Sonic-Ion-Photon-Skin-Rejuvenation-/320977801289?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item4abbc49049
It cost me $42 shipped, arrived in four working days (!!), with exceptional customer service so far.

I used it twice today with different serums which is more than recommended, but I also feel they really set overly restrictive safety parameters for home use devices. I am also prone to fluid retention due to different inflammatory conditions and immune system problems like rheumatoid arthritis. It's not so anyone else would notice necessarily, but I've always had eyebags, since childhood. My face also has that slightly baby face look to it. The only time it comes into its true sculpted self is when I do all nighter flights and am forced to sleep sitting up. I look the best ever after a long flight Laughing

However, I've got to say, I'm impressed with this cheap thing. I've done tanaka, plus, having been trained in manual lymphatic drainage for over 15 years, I've tried it all with little or no results. Red LED seems to be anti inflammatory to some degree, the vaculifter seemed to strengthen the skin somewhat but not enough to keep up, but this device really does deflate puffiness, while seeming to leave skin and fine lines nice and plumped up looking. The lifted look while not permanent - it will need to be used a few times a week at least to keep results, though I imagine it will be accumulative - is definitely something! I would imagine ultrasound alone would do the job, but the galvanic is a nice add-on if you like to use good serums for penetration, as that is what it really does (aside from deep cleaning if you are prone to congestion). Getting a bit of extra LED action while you're at it is fine too.

I'm having one issue I've emailed the seller about, and that is that I seem to be able to feel the current going into the hand that I'm holding the device in, despite removal of all jewelry. My fingers in particular tingle. I don't know if its my device in particular, or if they all have a grounding or issue with not directing the galvanic current effectively only through the treatment head.

Has anyone else noticed this with the ultra renew, ultra renew plus?
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same knockoff machine you do and don't have any tingling in my hands. I would contact the manufacturer, that doesn't seem right.

Glad you are seeing visible results. I like the machine but have never used a product or device yet that gave immediate wow kind of results.

Oh well, I do think I'm fighting off the aging process so I keep at it. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply alabamagirl. I didn't think it was right. I am waiting for the company to respond. I hate having to go through the bother of returning things.

As far as instant results, I guess it depends on what your problem is. I think it works pretty well on fluid retention. I tried it on my husband tonight who doesn't have that problem, but has issues of wrinkling and sagging due to being 15 years older than me (and also not giving a damn about his skin). We both thought he looked a little lifted or relaxed or something after a half hour treatment, but it certainly didn't iron out the wrinkles or lift his face dramatically Very Happy He seemed to like the massage though, and said I'd be allowed to perform it again sometime. Surprised

I move it very slowly in upwards motions and do some occasional 2-3 second holds over problem areas. I work towards my lymph also, and occasional drain down the sides of my neck (probably habitually). I have a home-made niacinimide NAG serum with ecgc and other things I can't remember and I spritz often with rose water. This particular serum has brightened my skin and relieved me of my PIH. I look forward to its continued results as it is pushed a little deeper into my skin.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, trigger, I don't have an ultrasound/galvanic device, but I 'm tempted to get one. I, too, have Rhem. Arthritis. LED doesn't help me. Anyway, this device sounds like something I'd like to try. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I just checked ebay for the device you have, trigger. It's now $52. Surprised

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Trigger,

I'm trying to combat sagging and a few wrinkles like your DH. Bet he loved the treatment! Smile

I was surprised you used it 30 minutes at a time. Did you do 15 mins in ion+ for cleansing and then switched to ion- for product penetration? I just do the product penetration since I feel like I get good cleansing from the clarisonic.

I do the lymph drainage also, even though I don't have fluid retention issues.

All in all, it was a great price and I do believe it is beneficial for my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
From what I know about galvanic, the positive we always used with a saline type solution, and it was really only used with people that had particularly clogged skin before extractions - and to be honest, those big clunky machines with the galvanic and microcurrent etc were outdated even 15 years ago when I studied. They weren't that effective. What you could do with your hands with great technique and massage worked much better. Anyway, so yeah, I didn't see amazing results using the galvanic on clogged skin, though it was reputed to dissolve sebum when used with the correct saline liquid (which was probably to conduct, I could do with a freshen up!). And as I said, it was for very congested skin.

However, as my readings on this device mentioned it can help with depuffing (and I have no scientific evidence on this and would need to look further), I do a little on the positive charge around my eyes. Basically the positive is drawing from your skin with the charge, or attracting out of it/cleansing, while the negative pushes into the skin, so is used to enhance product penetration. As I said, no one was using their machines when I was practicing. If salons had them, they were gathering dust.

That's why I'm very dubious about the microcurrent fascination right now - that and because I have direct proof that some of our favorite posters with the most miraculous results actually sell for an enormous kickback for the most popular device right now. But that's off track.

Ultrasound on the other hand is definitely a very interesting technology, the way it works on the tissues. I love it at physical therapy on my shoulder. I can feel the incredible deep warming of the tissues. And there is plenty of evidence to back up what it does in that department. I'm still gaining an understanding of what it's doing in the skin, but I think it's healthy and enjoyable. I see results. And the devices are affordable. Of course it won't provide miraculous anti aging results, but I think it increases skin health which is always good.

Wow. I just rambled. I don't think half of that was even answered. I'm still looking into it really, as its quite new to me.
McRachel
5% products discount

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
As far as instant results, I guess it depends on what your problem is. I think it works pretty well on fluid retention. I move it very slowly in upwards motions and do some occasional 2-3 second holds over problem areas. I work towards my lymph also, and occasional drain down the sides of my neck (probably habitually).

Hi trigger. Thanks for sharing your results.
So this is on the ionic setting, correct? Fluid retention under my eyes is a really big issue for me, particularly my left eye. I will likely do 10 minutes per side next time I try it.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Yes.

The ion + is the cleansing or drawing mode, so Ive been using that for a few minutes first,
Then I switch to the penetration mode, which is ion -.

I hate to encourage people to buy stuff on here, because I think we see far too much of that on this forum - but you really can buy this device relatively inexpensively. I've seen them on eBay for $37.

My eyebags have shown enough of an improvement and my lower face puffiness has lifted that I feel confident enough to at least recommend the device for this purpose. Perhaps it really does get the fluid a moving and vibrating as its meant to, and that really helps with stagnant tissues. It stands to reason that its good for bring fresh nutrition in for all skin types. But as usual, its time invested vs results. I believe 15 mins is plenty. I did some more intensive treatments too, and I think that's fine. However, I love the look of the laser products like Tria and Reaura right now also (although wow, not cheap! And I'd have to import), and think the results would of course be different but rewarding also.

The lasers would be great for sun damage and texture, whereas this seems to be more of an allover skin health type device. It's definitely not 'wow' category if you don't have fluid, I wouldn't think. Probably a matter of looking a bit more fresh over time. I'm actually looking to see if I can find a device that delivers a low level 1mhz-3mhz. I'd like to feel a bit more heat, a bit more 'something' whilst knowing its working. I saw video of a professional device being used where the clients skin got all flushed and rosy. That's what I want! Mine stays relatively cool, and I don't get much flush.

So really, I'm not entirely satisfied with this product and am on a lookout for a better one...
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:54 am      Reply with quote
After about 10 years of serious skin care and research and just about ready to hit 40, I've decided its time for a gadget. My main concern is sagging so I am obviously looking for firming. Which makes ultrasound right up my alley. Thing is, the reason for my sagging skin is that I tend to puff up while pregnant (which I have been several times now) but have a very slender face when I'm not. And now that I'm done having kids we are left with full force sagging on a very thin face. Basically, I'm concerned that ultrasound can make my face even thinner--has anyone else seen complaints of this in all the reviews?
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Well, I doubt at a low level it would cause fat loss, except if you used one of the body machines especially designed for that on the face.

However, if your fuller face is due to fluid retention, I can't see how that could look good or healthy, even though feeling gaunt doesn't feel great either. I think the best of both worlds is to reduce the fluid accumulation, but really work on the skin health and thickness. If your skin has gotten thinner from age and the stressors of pregnancy, then doing everything you can to encourage it to behave like a younger thicker skin is the best you can do. You can't make it fatter unless you get fatter, and even then it may just go to your thighs if you're that type Sad. Obviously the ultrasound may help blood supply to the underlying muscles as well to keep them in tip top shape which you definitely want. I am one of those that definitely does NOT believe that facial exercises does anything but stress the face more and produce undesirable results. I am yet to see any photos of anyone I would hope to reproduce in myself. I try to stick to proven methods.

For the study I've done, the ones we can do at home, and cheaply at that are:

Tca peels. Start low 8-12%. I am a bit gungho, and after doing a 20% on myself, did a 30% on myself and my 52 yr old husband this winter. He is still carrying on about the results of it, and I still look at him amazed. He will let me do anything to him now. he is soon about to be aggressively dermarolled with the My-M machine. NOT for the faint of heart, and NOT recommended for the uninitiated. It is absolutely true when they say start LOW. MUAC. Com for buying, or I think platinum?

Topicals. Retin A or a good retinol, and C serum. I also like some others like niacinimide for sun damage among others, can be done very cheaply.

DErmarolling or MY-M or Tria/Reaura type lasers. There is good science behind inflicting small amounts of damage in the skin and how it stimulates your skin to rejuvenate. Painful, and takes time, works. Improves your quality of skin, fine lines, pigmentation, elasticity...

LED, time consuming with the home devices, but can improve the look and color of the skin to a certain degree. I wouldn't say 'wow' results, but I broke mine out again after becoming bored with it, and a bit of stubborn pigmentation has responded really well, and my skin looks nice. But, its really an add on, and NOT the big guns.

Ultrasound, I think there's something to it, I'm still looking into it. But, it's an add on after you are doing the topicals at least, and you have made sure your time isn't best invested in another device given limited time in the day. Massage is good! I'm looking for a better device. The overpriced skindream titanium has the kind of specs I'd like to find in a cheaper model (minus the gimmicky titanium) This is a cheapy, but I like the eye thing and that it works at 1mhz which goes more deeply. But I am dubious about trusting Chinese devices on this type of thing. Don't like how big it is either:

View item:
Ultrasonic Ultrasound Beauty Therapy Facial Body Pain Relief Massager cjh
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I have the Ultra Renew knock off and love the ultrasound used with aloe gel to conduct. But I don't think ultrasound alone will plump/tighten the face. Microcurrent is fantastic for firming as it noticeably lifts muscle. I have monthly salon Caci treatments. It is amazing. I don't have a home microcurrent but I know there are lots of Pico device fans on this forum thrilling about its firming and lifting qualities.

In addition I use red/amber led in the shape of the LightStim. My derm - highly respected UK aesthetic and medical derm who was one of the first clinics in the UK to install Fraxel Re:Store laser so she really knows her antiaging stuff, says red/amber led is great for building collagen and thickening the skin, which sadly thins as we age. It requires big commitment though at the start - 30mins x 5 days/week for 8 weeks - and I continue to use mine every other day.

Personally I think sagging skin requires a combination of treatments as different devices excell at different things.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |