Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Advice please, Ladies?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
saucie

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all. I am new to these boards, so forgive me!

I am 22 years old and already have very deep frown lines! I think it's a combination of genes (thanks, Dad) and a lot of squinting. Since I noticed these lines developing (about a year ago,) I have been trying to be more careful, wearing sunglasses and sunscreen, but they only seem to get worse.

I have oily, trouble-skin, so I am wary of thick wrinkle creams. I'm tired of looking angry all the time!

Any advice? (I am a college student, so I do not have loads of cash to blow on 100$ treatments.)

Visuals:

this is a "relaxed" face

here, I am actually frowning a bit to show the lines better

Here's what I have to look forward to (my dad's forehead--sorry dad!):

(I took these pictures early in the day, so the lines don't look that deep. Trust me, by the end of the day, they look much worse!)

Also, I still have a LOT of baby fat (very pudgy cheeks)--will this EVER go away? Is there anything I can do to speed the process?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you are one of the first to post your picture. Great idea as you can see just what a persons concerns are.

I would give the topical alternative to Botox a try. It looks like you have a strong frown muscle between your eyes. I personally use Janson-Becketts Okusil which targets frown lines, dark circles, skins firmness and the puffies under the eyes. Essential Day Spa carries it. You would see it under Alpha Derma.

Another topical that some of the ladies like is Relaxaline. I have never used it but it gets good reviews on the forum. Surely someone who uses this and other products will give you more suggestions.

These products have 10% Argireline in them. What is does is helps relax the muscle so it would be harder for you to frown. Surely it would be a great preventative for you. If you start now using products perhaps it will help from it getting to be a more permenant crease. Of course someday you could always have Botox injection and that would totally relax it.

Don't worry, you can correct this one way or another. Very Happy

Good luck,

Winnie
Janson Beckett, Cape Cod, MA
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
welcome and may I say you are brave posting pics. Then again I could not really see any lines.
I would say the best thing to invest in and it is not expensive and has reduced my forehead lines and crows feet drastically.
Relaxaline fromwww.cellurskinrx.com is fantastic.
Also does your poor Dad know you have posted his pic. rofl

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
awwwww WHAT LINES??????????
Seriously, you are well to take preventative action now. I go with Loopy on the relaxaline and would recommend it over the ADCE purely on price...it is cheaper and a bottle would last longer than the ADCE (save that til you REALLY need it Laughing ). You could also consider 'frownies'. I've never used them but someone was raving about them recently...was it Eve?
Keep up with the sunscreen and also try massaging your face with whatever cleanser you use...it helps with the stress of study even if you don't rub the lines away!
Liz Cool

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of the comments! I think I will give Relaxaline a try, as it seems to have gotten pretty good reviews.

As for the lines, I know they are hard to see in these pics--I didn't choose the best time to take them (late morning after getting a good night's sleep--rare for me!) Maybe I will try to take some tomorrow after my commute (an hour in the sun both ways!)

P.S. I'm not THAT brave--I did take some pre-makeup pictures that really did show the lines better, but I was so horrified by them that I banished them, not just from the internet, but from my computer and camera as well! Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the others that Argireline would be the way to go in preventing the lines from deepening.... or at least to dramatically slow the wrinkling process. The research on Argireline proves that it does just that. Shock

Many of us who have used Argireline serums know that the research shows 17% reduction in fine lines and wrinkles within 15 days and 27% within 30 days; but very few know that researchers also say that since Argireline affects the "snare complex" and reduces the release of catecholamines that it will also reduce the formation of new wrinkles. Confused

Having said that, I stand by my previous statements that although I've seen wonderful results with my Argireline serum, I see much greater results when people combine it with use of the masque with Argireline. The use of the masque seems to make a more dramatic, noticeable and more immediate difference in all lines.

Give Argireline products a try. You have nothing to lose but your wrinkles and lines. Wink

JUDY
Esthers Secret Facelift System

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Saucie

Although I do not really see permanent lines on your forehead, and I don't think they have formed yet, I think you have taken a wise step to deal with your concerns early, before it gets too late.

I agree with the advise so far about using argireline and Relaxaline is relatively inexpensive. I'd like to add one other suggestion - try using FROWNIES. They are sticky pads you use when at home to retrain those overactive frowning muscles. Just do a google on frownies, and they are not expensive either. Apparently some famous actresses swear by them.

Good Luck!
Jenny
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |