Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Tattoo you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...the big four oh is coming up. It coincides with finishing my degree 2 days earlier and the 20th anniversary of going steady with guapaboy. I thought I would get a tattoo. I have a small one of a teardrop on my breast (practice run for the big one I never had) and I am thinking of getting another, probably on my arse and probably incorporating my new sig (the last line of my fave poem).
Thing is, is it naf, or even worse Chav? Where I live, even the school teachers have tats and genital piercings, so it's not like I'd be breaking new ground, but I do wonder and worry that it is a mistake.
Guapaboy would say no, but only cause I'm his only model and it would possibly mess his pics up, but then again it would make them more personal.
Input please!

Liz Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Liz
If you want it do it. Bolix to anyone else. You do it for yourself. I would love a small tattoo but hate pain. I did go with my friend when she had one done on her back. She made me sit with her and I looked the other way most of the time. I am such a cowardy custard.
I had my belly button peirced when I was 40.
I don't know you young girls worry to much about what other people think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Where in the UK are you Guapagirl. I wanted one years ago but it never happened, Im glad now, chav maybe, all things come and go in fashion. Follow your heart and not your head. What modelling is it you are doing. Hell, Im creeping close to 40, was is traumatic Shock
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lori:

That's the beauty of being older. We don't care as much what other people think. I never do anything I don't want to and I say 'no' much more now. The older I get, the more stingy I am with my free time and no longer associate myself with people I don't care for. Life is too short and quite frankly have come to realize it's not possible for everyone to like me. I don't take myself too seriously either and can't count how many times a day I have a good belly laugh. What wonderful changes have occurred over the past 20+ years.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Youth is over rated. Razz Now that I'm 34, I'm much more confident and content.

I have 3 tattoos, first when I was 18 and the last when I was 28. A small bird on my right breast, a small sunset on my left shoulder and a ring of daisies on my right ankle, it hurt the absolute worst. My whole ankle swelled up after ward, it took two sessions. Tattoos on fat or muscle don't hurt as much as right on the bone or tendon. The other two hurt while they were being done but afterward they healed within days (2 x 3 inches) and didn't hurt much at all.

It's sort a family thing my brother is a talented tattoo artist and is covered in them. He did the one on my ankle.

I don't regret any of mine, even though I was so young for the first. I say go for it, especially on your butt, you can conceal that at least. Unless, you are modelling in the nude?? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Lori:

That's the beauty of being older. We don't care as much what other people think. I never do anything I don't want to and I say 'no' much more now. The older I get, the more stingy I am with my free time and no longer associate myself with people I don't care for. Life is too short and quite frankly have come to realize it's not possible for everyone to like me. I don't take myself too seriously either and can't count how many times a day I have a good belly laugh. What wonderful changes have occurred over the past 20+ years.

Penelope,
You are so right. I have recently stopped bothering with people that make me feel bad, miserable or make me feel used. I just cannot be bothered with them. I still say hi but I don't go out of my way to stay in touch. I refuse to feel guilty for caring about myself and trying to avoid negative people. I think I just woke up one day and thought why do I bother with them if they make me on edge and unhappy.
OOPs, sorry I am moaning again and I don't do that any more. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Anxious ...um, yes it is nude modelling. I'm not bothered about getting older, I'm happier and more confident now than I have ever been. I think it is because almost everybody here has tats and piercings, that I am unsure...I do like to be different Very Happy
I also kind of think that maybe it is better to have a really big in yer face tat, rather than a cute 'nice' one ...it was this indescision that stopped me getting it done before, and lets face it, tats are even more permanent than puppies!
I live near Lands End btw cindi
liz Cool

5% products discount

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl i think you should go for it because tatoo's can be personal and yes all the chavs have them but although some look tacky,some look nice. Most chavs get them to fit in or to look 'cool' wheras yours will be for yourself and concealed,except the modelling but that will make it more personal and more in tune with the current time and society. As you said you sometimes think that it is better to get a bigger 'in yer face' one rather than a cute personal one it's completely up to you but i personally think that a cute more personal one will be better in the long run as it will mean more when you get older.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
LOL! I'm not really shocked by you modelling in the nude. Smile My attempt at silliness. Wink

Isn't it interesting how in the last 15 years it's different to not have a tattoo?

I was in Mexico in 1999 and the Mexican people on the streets were so interested, it's not common there, I guess not even among the tourists.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
a female friend of mine at college had five done, one like a native american sheild in a burnt red on her arm and another small bright blue star of david on her chest, they looked fantastic. I remember looking through tattoo books and some of the designs were fantastic, it truely is art.

hell we have two ladies in their 50's who recently had a couple of womens classics (rose/dolphin) done. Very Happy

It's your body and as long as you don't harm another you can do with it what you like! Wink
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I agree, it's totally an art form. My dad had tattoos when no-one else did, it soooo cool when I was a kid. It's no wonder my brother is a tattoo artist and all of us kids have at least one. Smile

Here's some of my brother's work. The site isn't current as he's now in Courteny, BC. He's so talented!! I'm biased, I know. Smile
www.members.shaw.ca/ninpinin

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I had a couple done while I was at university. My friend had a piercing and I got a tattoo. My first tattoo was a small sun, moon and star (just a black outline, no colour) but about a year later I decided to get another one. My best friend bought me a tattoo for my 21st birthday. She paid for me to have a small Chinese symbol for 'friendship' done next to my other tattoo. They rarely see daylight as they are on my lower stomach just below the waistband area. I sometimes forget I have them.
I agree with Coolnat352, some can look tacky and chavish. You just have to be careful what you choose. It will be with you for a long time! Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wow lolli...cool tats! I like the bottom left one as if I have one, it will be a trad english style. (and it's ok...I doubt any one would be shocked by the pics of me...if they can hang in art galleries, then they are art and not ------------:lol:)
Ethnic tats are very cool, but I think that english footie fans look a bit dumb with a full blown maori tat back, especially as most don't even know anything about whatever culture they are ripping off. I am however very tempted by japanese tats (I know, I'm a hypocrite!) just because the nature ones are so breath taking. I do tai chi so maybe have a chinese one? I think it will probably be english style tho...but hten agaain...no...but yeah...but no. Whatever! Laughing
Good point about size Nat, also, the bigger it is, the more there is to sag when I get older!
Either way if I don't get my dissertation (and the other 4 assignments Shock ) done, there will be nowt to celebrate!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
you will pass. have confidence in yourself

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I agree, it's totally an art form. My dad had tattoos when no-one else did, it soooo cool when I was a kid. It's no wonder my brother is a tattoo artist and all of us kids have at least one. Smile

Here's some of my brother's work. The site isn't current as he's now in Courteny, BC. He's so talented!! I'm biased, I know. Smile
www.members.shaw.ca/ninpinin

cool. some of them are very H.R Gieger (sp? I know who I mean Smile )
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I got my tattoo at the end of last summer. Id thought about it for a long time and had spent ages looking for a design I liked and I ended up designing my own. I got it to commemerate graduating from college, after three long and very hard years.
It's at the bottom of my back and I can honestly say I didn't really find it painful, it's definetly bearable. It healed quickly and I love it. I don't regret having it done at all. I think life's too short - so go for it!
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:

I love the hummingbird one!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I like that one too Mabsy! Loopy, I know I will pass but I want to get a 2:1 minimum because A, it means I can get a research post more easily and b, guapaboy only got a 2nd and no way do I want him to have a better degree than me Very Happy
I'm tempted to have my sig written in a spiral on one bum cheek and a traditional love heart with guapaboy's name on the other...any one seen any script tattoos and do they look good? (I trust you will exclude mitchum from night of the hunter and cape fear btw! Laughing )...In fact...does anyone actually LIKE my new sig? Have you noticed that it is changed? Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Don't fret, I noticed, I just have no idea what it means and wasn't about to admit to that fact in public!
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I've noticed your new sig Guapa but I don't get it. What *does* it do to cherry trees? I keep thinking "I want to bloom you" but I'm sure there's a hidden meaning somewhere in there and I'm just not creative/poetic enough to get it Laughing

Where did you get it from?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I noticed that it had changed last night. Just not sure I understand it. Embarassed
I'm not exactly sure what happens to cherry trees in the spring. Question
I'm never very good at interpreting the meaning of poems. Didn't enjoy poetry at school.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
It's the last line of 'every day you play with the light of the universe' by pablo neruda. It translates as 'I want to do to you what spring does to the cherry trees'..
I think it is the most beautiful poem ever (I don't get poetry much either...bit like sculpture as an art form, but neruda's early work is soooo romantic it makes me weak!).
Spring makes the cherry trees bloom, so I guess first prize to Mabsy for interpretation Laughing

Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:14 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
It's the last line of 'every day you play with the light of the universe' by pablo neruda. It translates as 'I want to do to you what spring does to the cherry trees'..
I think it is the most beautiful poem ever (I don't get poetry much either...bit like sculpture as an art form, but neruda's early work is soooo romantic it makes me weak!).
Spring makes the cherry trees bloom, so I guess first prize to Mabsy for interpretation Laughing

Liz Cool

you want to make Guapaboy bloom?

I'm stuggling on with lope de vega in my current spanglish and self taught russian, another ten years and I'll have the vocab of a 4 year old.

some swirly olde script would be nice, how about having it wrapped round the bark of a cherry tree? Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
OMG! that IS a good idea! It may have to be a large cherry tree though to fit it on and still be legible Confused may have to do it on my back rather than arse Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Lucky you to have a small behind

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |