Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Chemical Peels Please Give me Advice!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 26 male. I use to have moderate acne back when i was younger. I always got red/brown marks as a result of it. My acne cleared up and then i got happy. Now it has returned and my red/brown marks are very very bad now. I use glycolic acid and all those products and even though it works... it takes like 6 months minimum for those marks to go away.

Should i go and get a chemical peel at one of those spas? And if so, should i get glycolic or TCA? The thing is my red and brown marks are REALLY BAD. My acne isn't that bad. I'm really feeling sad because of these marks and my life is going no where.

Has anyone here had bad experience with glycolic acid peels or TCA? I read some ppl had bad experience with it and burn themselves but most of these ppl bought it online and try to do it themselves. I'm really desperate right now and I feel like i wasted my time using all those over the counter products.

I dont care if it cost $2000 to fix my red and brown marks.

Is anyone here from NYC and could recommend me which place to go? I have looked online and see some okay places on YELP. The thing is i'm not going to be stupid and try to do these peels myself by buying it on the internet.

How much on average does a glycolic or TCA peel cost when doing it at those places? And i assume it takes a few before you notice improvement? I heard TCA peels help and after 3 weeks your face would have lot of red marks gone. True or false? And most importantly, how long does it take till after it do you see the marks improve for glycolic and TCA peel ? Surely you dont see any improvatements immediately after it right?

My other question is has anyone here had a chemical peel done and it was a disaster and got permanent marks or scarring? Back when i had acne, i went to this spa where the person who pluck my skin and then after that, my acne was horrible. I think she did that to get rid of all those stuff in my face.
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
quickguide90012

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Another question.

Has anyone had a peel done whether its glycolic or TCA and as a result had more red marks because of it and it basically scarred? Do they do like extractions on the face when doing these peels? I remember few years ago this doctor plucked my skin and basically after that... my skin was horrible and really messed up. She basically said thats to take care of the acne from deep within the skin and i recalled my skin was horrible for like 1 year because of it.

Is there a chance a glycolic acid peel could cause something like this? I know those doctors are professionals but has any one of them done a peel on you and then you're face got scarred as result of it and had even more red marks than ever before? That is the one thing im scared of.
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
With continued daily use of low strength AHA and BHA your red and brown marks should improve over time. Make sure you use a really good sunscreen. Maybe think about adding a really good antioxidant serum to your routine both morning and night.
I have heard IPL treatments are helpful with brown and red discolorations caused by acne. But, if you have a very deep skin tone you might need an alternate laser treatment. I don't think the IPL works well on deep skin tones.
Another thing that might help is a AHA or BHA peel performed by a dermatologist and you'll probably need several monthly treatments, but they should not be doing any extractions or picking at your skin during these peels. Another thing that might help is a prescription retinoid.
Be very careful and gentle with your skin. The red and brown discoloration are not scars. They are just blemishes, but with continued picking they might turn into scars.
If you have true acne scars that look like pits and indents into your skin, then I believe you can get dermal fillers to plump them up if they bother you so much. Some people say that dermarolling is helpful with the pits and indents. I don't know. I've never tried it, but I would imagine you should not dermaroll if you still have active acne.
I am not familiar with the TCA peel and I don't live in NYC, so I can't advise you an any places you can go to there.
Be patient, protect your skin from sun damage and treat the root cause of your acne.

Good luck.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Do at-home microdermabrasion like PMD instead; peels are too harsh.
mississ

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
use drema e microdermabrasion as a mild start,they also carry scar cream hope it helps Smile
luckyduck

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I really and truly feel your pain (my acne scars take FOREVER to fade). Since I am considerably older than you, I will share what I have learned from my years of experience.

First off, even though you want the scars to go away RIGHT NOW, the process will take some time. Please don't take this the wrong way, but applying some make-up will greatly help with your self-esteem while you're working on fading those spots.

I have tried several peels. Which one is best is a matter of personal preference, but I will say that it is better to err on the side of caution (if the peel is too potent, you might cause scarring, which is the last thing you want). Also, doing your own peel at home is very easy and inexpensive (lots of info on the web).

Prescription strength Retin-A is great: it clears up existing acne as well as exfoliates, which helps to fade scars (it is usually covered by insurance). Basically, anything that exfoliates will help to fade scars (and other pigmentation issues). The trick is to not get too aggressive because exfoliating can make your skin extra sensitive.

One last thing, a sunscreen with a high percentage of zinc is critical (your skin is ALOT more sensitive to the sun once you start using peels and retin-a).
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a peel on EDs and like that one- you don't have to mix anything.
It is the Exuviance peel.
I could go to a spa or derm place, but for me it's not really worth it as my skin is quite sensitive and people use stuff that is too strong.

At home I can just do a peel whenever and leave it on as little or more as I like <following the instructions..obv..but if I only want to leave it on my face 5 minutes and not 15 thats fine>.

I don't use peels very often though as I already use some glycolic and vitamin C stuff so don't want to use too much stuff.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I bought a peel on EDs and like that one- you don't have to mix anything.
It is the Exuviance peel.
I could go to a spa or derm place, but for me it's not really worth it as my skin is quite sensitive and people use stuff that is too strong.

At home I can just do a peel whenever and leave it on as little or more as I like <following the instructions..obv..but if I only want to leave it on my face 5 minutes and not 15 thats fine>.

I don't use peels very often though as I already use some glycolic and vitamin C stuff so don't want to use too much stuff.

Ottawa Shopper:

Which peel did you use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am also looking for that Exuviance peel but could not find on EDS site.... just to check it out as to the percentage of the peel...

Autumn1995 wrote:

Ottawa Shopper:
Which peel did you use?
violetdream
5% products discount

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some tips...

buy microcrystals (like what they use in microdermabrasion) and put a few into your cleanser. Don't go overboard like I did!
I have always liked TCA Latte from perfect complexion. It will cause light flaking the next day and then it all comes off in the shower.
If you can take it, try the dermaroller or dermastamp along with topicals.

This is all cheaper and safer than going to a spa, it just takes longer to see results.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I am using both light peels and microcrystals as part of my beauty regimen. The reason why I am asking Ottawa Shopper is to check for the strength of this peel and perhaps try another product for curiosity...

violetdream wrote:

buy microcrystals (like what they use in microdermabrasion) and put a few into your cleanser. Don't go overboard like I did!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Lactic acid peel is very good for lightening. You can buy it on ebay from reputable sellers, or make your own (super easy).
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |