Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

white painfull bump on the inside of my nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
burgerqueen50

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have a white painfull bump on the inside of my nose. It popped today and had a lot of puss in it. I don't know if this is due to a hair or what but it is very painfull. And it has swollen up again. Should I not be too concerned and maybe since it popped it will now heal. Has anyone had this similar problem? Help!
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Oh that had also happened to me a few times, it was just like an acne inside my nostril and were so painfull...i wonder do we have any oil glands in this particular surface ?.? Btw, i have oily skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think it might be a boil. It's an infection of the hair follicle and the surrounding skin. I'm sure you can find pictures online and see if it looks similar. Be careful not to poke or squeeze it. Apply warm moist compresses even though it has drained. It may come back again.
burgerqueen50

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the help. I did a lot of research and my daughter and son-n-law have mrsa so they have boils. It did fill up again and I did what I had read and used warm compresses and it popped. So I cleaned it and hopefully I am about done with this. I hope by tomorrow it will be better. I didn't go to the Dr and I hope this isn't Mrsa. I guess without a doctors test I won't know.
Thanks again for the help. It was so painfull and I have a cold to so a runny nose is a bad thing.
Will let you know how it looks in the am:-)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Im glad it does drain for you, but sorry it keeps coming back. I think youre right, it could be an infected follicle. Or a sebaceous cyst (if the material coming out is waxy and thick... sorry, gross I know.)

At any rate, it might be good to have a medical person look at it if it looks infected (red, swollen, painful, warm to touch) or if you develop fever. Disclaimer: I am not a/your doctor, please seek in-person medical attention.

Hope it resolves!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I got worried because it looked so bad. And it was hard and red and I look like rudolf:-) I called the Dr today and I go in tomorrow at 2:30. My daughter and son-n-law and the 2 older children have MRSA so that worried me too.
I will let you know what they say. They told me to apply triple antibiotic 3 times a day. So I have started that too.
You all have been so helpfull and I appreciate that so much!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck.
burgerqueen50

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Went to the doctor and he took a culture and gave me anti-biotics oral and to put in my nose. I haven't heard anything about the culture but when I do I will post it. Thanks for all the help everyone.my rudolf nose is fading:-)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
It has been a little while but the culture did come back positive. I have mrsa. The anti-biotics that the Doc prescribed I was allergic to. The boil healed but I got hives. All is well now though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well that stinks, but good thing you went to the doctor instead of self treating. Good luck with everything.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |