Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

True Cosmetics Essential Radiance Skin Polish (100 ml / 3.39 floz) Go Smile Touch Up Smile Perfecting Ampoules 30 Count - Green Apple (30 ampoules) Fake Bake Bronzy Babe Pressed Powder (11 g / 0.39 oz)
Baby Quasar MD Plus Light Therapy Device Large

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I had the quasar a while ago and didn't see much result. maybe i didn't use it long enough.

I'm in my mid-late 30s and want to tighten my skin. I swear I can see the hint of a jowl or slightly slack skin. Also prevent further wrinkles-don't have much now.

Anyone have this? Results? How often do you use it?

It has a 110-240v Power Adapter so I can use it with different voltages right?

Could you just use aloe vera gel when you run out of their gel?

From Nordstrom website:

You lead a busy lifestyle, so why not use a product that will give you faster results and quicker treatment times? With a larger treatment head and more powerful technology, the Quasar MD PLUS allows you to dedicate your time to the things that really matter and look good while doing so. Now including the most powerful wrinkle-reducing technology ever used before in the Quasar family, the Quasar MD PLUS is the perfect device to keep away those unwanted wrinkles.

Features and benefits:
- Latest C-Factor technology to treat periorbital wrinkles.
- Improved ease of use.
- Class II medical device.
- Five-year warranty.
- Safe, natural solution with no negative side effects.
- For all skin types and tones.
- Requires no downtime, and has the best reputation, warranty and support compared to competitors.
- Featured on The Doctors, in Vogue Magazine and the New York Times.

Includes:
- Quasar MD PLUS device.
- Travel case.
- 110-240v Power Adapter.
- Instruction manual.
- Quasar Anti-Aging Serum (1 oz.).

($795)
nickicaps
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi flfl!

I am new to the BQ MD Plus but not new to LED in general. I have just completed my third treatment and while I find it very time consuming (took me 45 minutes for face and neck) I am REALLY loving the results. I have not used other LEDs so I can't compare it to any home devices, but I go for full body LED treatments weekly and this is definitely on par with those sessions. I just wish I could use it all over my body, but I don't have the time or patience for that! Wink

They recommend using the device 5 days per week until desired results are achieved, then once per week for maintenance. My results so far are a much smoother, more even skintone. My face just looks firmer and brighter. Wish I could quantify the results better, but I will be sure to update along the way! HTH.
Pricer505
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I will be receiving my Quasar MD Plus today in the mail. I plan on taking photo's of my face today and on bi-weekly intervals.

I will not be using any professional treatments by a salon during that time, which I never do anyway. My reasoning is that it is impossible to review efficacy of a product if one is also receiving profession skin care treatments at the same time. You would never know which is giving the true result.

I find that when using a forum such as this one, you never know the individuals skin care regimen in full, there by never really knowing if the product being talked about is causing the effect or another treatment they may have used in conjunction with it.

I'll update as I acquire my own documentation over time Smile The science is good on this Quasar MD Plus device .

If it doesn't work, I would venture to say, nothing on the LED market will. It's a class 2 Medical device. I am not aware of other LED's on the market that have the same specifications. If you know of any, please post!

You can check information on Class 2 Medical devices at the FDA website.

cheers, Robin
nickicaps
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Pricer505 wrote:
I will be receiving my Quasar MD Plus today in the mail. I plan on taking photo's of my face today and on bi-weekly intervals.

I will not be using any professional treatments by a salon during that time, which I never do anyway. My reasoning is that it is impossible to review efficacy of a product if one is also receiving profession skin care treatments at the same time. You would never know which is giving the true result.

I find that when using a forum such as this one, you never know the individuals skin care regimen in full, there by never really knowing if the product being talked about is causing the effect or another treatment they may have used in conjunction with it.

I'll update as I acquire my own documentation over time Smile The science is good on this Quasar MD Plus device .

If it doesn't work, I would venture to say, nothing on the LED market will. It's a class 2 Medical device. I am not aware of other LED's on the market that have the same specifications. If you know of any, please post!

You can check information on Class 2 Medical devices at the FDA website.

cheers, Robin

Excellent points about not being able to tell which products/devices/procedures are really making a difference, which is why I try everything myself. I am also getting biweekly or monthly microcurrent facials but I have been doing them for some time. I try and only introduce one new solution at a time in order to gauge its effectiveness but since everyone responds differently, it's even hard to tell with that. I'd be really interested in hearing about your feedback though Pricer! Keep us posted Smile
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed this?

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/enforcement/enforce_rpt-Event-Detail.cfm?action=detail&id=63530&w=12192012&lang=eng

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/enforcement/enforce_rpt-Product-Tabs.cfm?action=select&recall_number=Z-0518-2013&w=12192012&lang=eng

It may be in response to this warning letter from the FDA:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2011/ucm284403.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed this?

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/enforcement/enforce_rpt-Event-Detail.cfm?action=detail&id=63530&w=12192012&lang=eng

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/enforcement/enforce_rpt-Product-Tabs.cfm?action=select&recall_number=Z-0518-2013&w=12192012&lang=eng

It may be in response to this warning letter from the FDA:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2011/ucm284403.htm

Very interesting. Some long lags in the actions though. FDA on site Feb 2011, letter doesn't go out until Dec 2011. And recall doesn't happen until a year later, Dec 2012. I'm sure they were battling it for a while.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
The results I am getting from Bq md are amazing and I can't believe what I see
I received it a couple of weeks ago and probably I did 5-6 treatments Last Thursday I met one of my gf at mall and she haven't seen me for one month maybe She asked me if I had a face lift Rolling Eyes .Next Friday I got hospitalized (another story .... An infection as a result of an endoscopy) Thanks goodness I am at home now much better but you can imagine my surprise when I look in the mirror after one week of very high fever , lots of strong antibiotics and what not and I realized that I am looking so good Especially the area around my eyes my bags are gone(yes I have dark circles but no bags) and the right lid (that was dropping) is much lifted I already did another treatment today in the morning and I can't believe that I am looking so fresh after all the nightmare I went through
I can't remember how to add pics here ..can someone help with that

Xoxo
Roxana
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi talyta Smile I am interested to get this gadget but am saving for it... I have questions for you.... Do you use any topical BEFORE each treatment or AFTER each treatment? What product do you use? Do you wait half hour before applying topicals?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 am      Reply with quote
This is an expensive device. In what way is it superior to the lightstim, do you know?
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Hi talyta Smile I am interested to get this gadget but am saving for it... I have questions for you.... Do you use any topical BEFORE each treatment or AFTER each treatment? What product do you use? Do you wait half hour before applying topicals?

Hi Jade
My regime right now :
Am
Wash the face with water
Vitamin c with hq 4% Vivier
Moisturizer Vital c Image

Pm
Wash face -use Pretika brush 2, 3 times a week
Aha pads 2,3 times a week (days I don't use pretika)
Treatment with bq md 3-4 times a week
Before I use the serum that comes with bq green tea serum with ha and Cooper peptides.
After treatment I use retin a 0.5 cream.
Since I started the Bq treatments, I don't have the occasional peel from retin a.I think that is because of the serum.My understanding is that Cooper peptides help with this.
I don't really wait between applications of different topicals and treatment.

Catski,

I don't know how to compare the Bq md with the lightsteam but in the last year I had 10 professional led treatments done at interval of one week. I loved the results and because of that I wanted to continue at home . I tried Tanda and I wasn't impressed . The immediate results I am getting from the bq md are superior even to the professional one . I see the improvement in special in the eye area that couldn't be reached by the professional machine as I was wearing goggles .
I also used to own a bq a couple of years ago and I was very happy with it but the results of the bq md are more noticeable.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! Smile Could someone tell me how many mode/setting in Quasar MD and Quasar MD Plus? Does it has a PULSING light in these models? Thanks Smile
nickicaps
5% products discount

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jade! I can only speak about the MD Plus- there is no mode/setting for this model. Just a red button that you press to turn it on- it shuts off after 3 minutes. HTH.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks nickicaps Smile I read that old model Baby Quasar has 3 modes, of which 1 mode is pulsing light... Now with improved version Quasar MD Plus (or Quasar MD), it has only 1 red mode only? Any feedback on the Quasar MD Plus that you are using. Are the new models "stronger"??? Are you happy with your purchase? Any difference in your skin that you can see? Thanks Smile
nickicaps
5% products discount

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sure! I haven't used the other models but I can tell you that in 2 weeks of about 8 treatments my skin is more even, the darker pigmented areas have lightened, my pores look smaller, and the NL lines are less pronounced. No firming or uplifting yet but I am DELIGHTED with my results so far. I highly recommend it!!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi nickicaps Smile I am delighted that you are seeing results in your skin... I am saving for it, that is why I am asking a lot of questions... Since it is not a cheap gadget, I would like to get feedback from members... Did you use the green tea serum that came with it or you bought your own?
nickicaps
5% products discount

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jade- totally hear you- this is a big investment after all.

I do not use the serum provided- I gave it to my mom because I am a strict vegan and was told by the company that a few of the ingredients are animal derived. Plus honestly I felt that introducing a new serum would skew the results- how would I decipher which benefited me?

HTH!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I thought this gadget had been taken off the market. It didn't get FDA approval. I'm sure I read something about it on another thread
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 am      Reply with quote
How often are you supposed to use this? Also, can you use this underneath your chin beneath your mouth. I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to put it on your neck so as not to hurt your thyroid gland.
nickicaps
5% products discount

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Oh really? I've been using it all over my neck and chest!! Thanks for letting me know. I will avoid my neck going forward.

The rep I spoke with said to use it 5 days per week for 8 weeks, then once or twice a week thereafter.

The thing with the throat though- don't the LED panels reach that area? How does the MD hurt the thyroid? Now I'm panicking...
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I tried ANSR. It does not work for me. Confused
nylongirl
5% products discount

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I like the smaller one better and for some reason think it works better. It's made a substantial difference in lightening my melasma using on the green setting over the past 9 months.
nylongirl
5% products discount

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the baby Q with no problems but I do not put directly over thyroid just incase, but use all around. I can't believe it really goes deep enough to hurt it. Does anyone have documentation on this?

What about the Reaura I do that all over on my neck as well, and near thyroid. Any proof this is dangerous?
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
How are people's results going?

Is it ok to use underneath the eye and on the eyelid (or just brow bone for above the eye)?

I was told to use it 4-5x/week for 6-8 weeks and then 1-2x/week. How long should it take to do the whole face?

Someone mentioned (nordstrom review) that they use it on their scalp for hair. I wonder if this is a good idea.
missyickes
5% products discount

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I just received my quasar pro blue for acne via ups yesterday. when the jury's in on results, I'll post. I sooo wanted to get the pro red as well, but it was another $1700.... yikes. I love my baby q red that I've had for several years. it's great for healing blemishes. it's not a miracle worker, though. results are minimal on me with the baby q. even so... minimal results are still results! I'm hoping the Pro will work even better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Just bumping this up a bit to see if there are any updates from those upthread who already own the Baby Quasar MD Plus. Question

Someone said it shuts itself off after 3 minutes. So every three minutes you're turning it back on to continue the session? And you hold it in one place for the entire 3 minutes?

I have a Sirius Aurora and have gotten great results from it in less than a month. Much more than I expected. All I use is the red light so I'm thinking of upgrading to the BQ MD Plus and giving my Aurora to my 23 y/o daughter who could benefit from the green and blue lights.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Donell Brightening Cream (1 oz) RevitaLash Simply Stunning Lashes (2 items) Donell A+Q10 Cream (2.5 oz)