Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C and Glycolic Acid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Do these two things do the same job? Can you use them both together or one or the other.
Sorry, I'm going to have nightmares about vitamin c soon. Sad
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
For the past two years, I have used cleansers containing glycolic acid(MD Formulations, now DDF Brightening cleanser) and a vitamin C serum(Leaf and Rusher,now Vivier 20). In addition, I would use a glycolic acid peel once a week. I have not experienced any problems, just great results!
Mabsy

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:10 am      Reply with quote
No, the two are not the same. Glycolic Acid is an exfoliant and may help with absorption of the vit C (because you're putting the vit C directly on "fresh" skin). Vitamin C is an antioxidant which helps to reverse sun damage, protect from further damage, and also heal skin. I do use both as well. I tend to use the AHA at night and the vit C in the morning. HTH
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Cheers Mabsy, that wasnt as bad as I thought.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, just wondering, why do you use the AHA at night? Is it bad to use AHA before vit c?
Mabsy

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Mabsy, just wondering, why do you use the AHA at night? Is it bad to use AHA before vit c?

I prefer to put my vitamin C on a clean canvas when I can Very Happy Also, I read somewhere that you should use AHAs at night so you avoid extra sun sensitivity during the day. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that but since I use it once daily and the vit C should be used in the morning then the AHA goes on at night. Obviously though, if I have an AHA cleanser then I can use that in the morning but I don't want an AHA serum before my vit C.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:00 am      Reply with quote
O i see. Thanks Mabsy. Ok, now I have to ask which AHA serum do you use. I had NO idea there were AHA serums Embarassed (Cindi - sorry for breaking your thread Embarassed I'll shut up in a second Liar )
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:01 am      Reply with quote
You ask away my dear, it saves my brain over this confusing subject. Honestly, Im not thick really...... Laughing
Mabsy

Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
rzecka - it's not a serum per se, sorry, that was a wrong choice of words on my part. It's just a light lotion that I put under moisturiser. Currently it's the Jan Marini Bioclear Bioglycolic Lotion. Incidentally, Skinceuticals makes a C+AHA serum which is quite good so I guess that invalidates the whole "use AHAs at night" think that I do Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote

Brick wall Oh no, a new brand I'm gonna have to investigate Rolling Eyes

Aha! I am immune! EDS does not ship Jan Marini products outside of North America. Phew, credit card crisis averted. Just as well, cos I am SO close to ordering a stash of Decleor products and the last thing I need is something else catching my eye Laughing . Anyway hope Cindi doesn't read this otherwise she'll freak at an extra vit c product option! Laughing

Sorry Mabsy - hope I haven't rouined your whole routine philosophy Embarassed
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Do you use AHA lotion every night? I thought that you are supposed to use AHA may be a few days every month or so. Is it safe to use AHAs on every day bases?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
[quote="rzecka"]

Anyway hope Cindi doesn't read this otherwise she'll freak at an extra vit c product option! Laughing

Brick wall
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
See, I KNEW this would happen. I'm holding YOU, Mabsy, personally responsible. Shame on you

Laughing Wink
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Ive just ordered...... I know, Im in big trouble. Had to, its been eating away at me for 2 weeks.......... I got Vivier Serum 20 and the Vivier Eye Serum. If this doesnt knock years off me..... Mad
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
You haven't have you??? You've got me choking on my water here (please, I'd like everybody to note that I'm drinking my 2l of water a day). You are SO naughty. Bad Cindi.

Speak to the hand
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Can I just point out I ordered for my own sanity.

And can I also point out that rzecka is only drinking her water cause she is getting an email reminder from me on the hour every hour....... Bad Grin
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
This is all your fault Mabsy Rolling Eyes

This girl has no self control. Honestly, I have a good mind to go round there and cellotape your hands together Cindi Not talking You betta be on your best behaviour from now on missus.

And we're talking about YOU here, not me Rolling Eyes

Angel
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
OK, Miss, "Im just about ready to place my HUGE Decleor order" Laughing Laughing Wink
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Ahem, that's not important right now. Anxious
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
you two are fighting like sisters already! hehehe..

Cindi, that makes what, 3 EDS orders this week? WAY TO GO GIRL!!!
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Great, Cindi dove in and now I think I'm the only one without Vit C!! Crying or Very sad I'm looking hard at that Vivier 20 as well. If we were cleverer girls we would have made up our minds on Valentines Day.
Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Tell me about it Liz........ it will eat away at you till you buy, you may as well get it over with. Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:08 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
you two are fighting like sisters already! hehehe..

Cindi, that makes what, 3 EDS orders this week? WAY TO GO GIRL!!!

Lianne, are you counting, has Cindibloke got you spying on me Laughing But you are right, three orders this week. Embarassed
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Mabsy,
Do you use AHA lotion every night? I thought that you are supposed to use AHA may be a few days every month or so. Is it safe to use AHAs on every day bases?

I don't use it continually, but I have been using it nightly for the last two weeks. I have used AHAs for longer periods of time before and know others that do as well. As long as you don't have sensitive or dry skin then you should be ok.
katerina

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think Glycolic Acid is good to use with any cream (c or not; i use with retin-a). without Glycolic Acid, seems that takes longer time for retin-a to start working. I have sensitive skin but never had any reactions due to use of acids with other stuff.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |