Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Blackheads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aine31890

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I've got a few stubborn ones on my nose, as well as a few on my chin. I recently started using Sanctuary Spa Facial Cleansing Oil, after reading about the OCM from this website. I love it. The little blackheads that did come out were so satisfying, in the most disgusting way! :P And I dont know if this is "the purge" or not, but it has brought a few spots to my chin. However it has also made some blackheads on my chin that won't go away, as well as some under the skin bumps, and has done only the minimal for my nose blackheads. Any suggestions?
I am 22, with dry cheeks and an oily T-Zone, rarely wear makeup(if I need a pick me up I'll put on some eyeliner or eye shadow as I have permed my eyelashes and tinted them, so in general, very little fuss!)I'm located in Ireland, so I probably won't be able to get my hands on anything too exotic or expensive either!

Please help!
sai79
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried steaming for blackheads removal?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I used the OCM for a about 6 to 7 weeks and ultimately decided it was not good for my skin. I was developing additional blackheads and whiteheads in places that I never had them before.
I now use a gentle cleanser such as Olay Foaming Wash for sensitive skin. I follow that up with a cream containing salicylic acid and retinol (clarifying night cream by ProActiv). I have noticed my blackheads are not so black anymore and some of the whiteheads have been slowly going away. This is telling me that there's some exfoliation happening and I feel that given longer time, this treatment might clean out my pores quite effectively.
Aine31890

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I really hope that this is a purge because I really like the OCM method. I'm using Sanctuary Spa Cleansing Oil and I swear my face glows afterwards. Plus I love the satisfaction of seeing little blackheads, or whatever the hard stuff is, just turning up in my hands with no effort. But as someone who has never had too many spots, and now I have about 6 on my chin, I'm sort of starting to suspect it might not suit my skin. What do you think? The cheap student that I am, I'm very tempted to just keep going anyway until the bottle is empty. Clinique wrecked my skin for a few weeks and then I was back to normal, but it never helped the blackheads.

Can someone explain steaming to me? How often do you do it? And how? Is it just water or should I be adding stuff?
Do you clean your face before or after or tone or cleanse or what? I'm so new to this stuff, but I've become obsessed with becoming an anti aging genius like you guys.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I also found the OCM method did not work for me. I do a modified version with Dermalogicas Precleanse- and manual extractions. I find they stay clear now so anything more isn't necessary.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am      Reply with quote
When I had blackheads I used Paula's Choice bha product. You will probably need to use some kind of salicylic acid. You could try Neutrogena acne wash & leave it on a few minutes to let the s/a penetrate the pores.
sai79
5% products discount

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Aine31890,

Clean, Exfoliate, Steam, Mask and then Hydrate.

For steaming, just heat the water until its really hot then you put your face in the pot and cover your head with the towel ,wait for like 10 minutes. In the end extract the blackheads using a blackhead removal tool.
hth,
Sai
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
You can also go to a sauna to do "steaming". Instead of the steaming face only, you will be doing the whole body as well. Make sure that you bring a towel with you and lots of cold water to drink....
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 am      Reply with quote
After using your oil,you can just wet a washcloth in hot water,place it over your face until it cools then gently wipe your face off.Do this several times and you will ensure all oil and impurities are removed.I know I would get breakouts when I didn't remove the oil properly.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I am glad that OCM is working for you. Years ago, I used Sonya Dakar omega oil and that helped me. Now that there is Clarisonic, I use that and it helps. Sometimes it takes a long time for them to leave. I am battling it right now.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |