Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Cutera Excel V Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am going Saturday for my very first Excel V treatment and so excited.
A new treatment here that my doctor recommended, better than an IPL for redness and rosacea.
After my derm had put me on another round of antibiotics and finacea I am done and looking for a more permanent cure.
Do a search and see what this amazing treatment has to offer!
I will post back and give an update after a few days have gone by.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just finished the treatment and OMG, was not expecting that level of pain. Holy cow! Like an IPL on steroids! Got thru it and now waiting to get thru the downtime of swelling for a few days. The hubby watched and held my hand but after 7 IPL's this one showed immediate vein zapping right before his eyes. But he could tell from the squeezing of his hand and moaning, I was in pain. And a pain wimp I am not!
I will post pack in a few days once I wake from my Benadryl/Vicodin coma! Looking forward to redness relief and I can see it already even thru the welps, bruises and swelling already. She said to expect full recovery in 7 to 10 days. Woohoo!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
After a night of sleeping with an elevated head I still woke up with a face so swollen that my eyes were shut. Thanks to my hubby bringing me coffee and ice packs, they opened to mere slits, haha.
Oh well, at least I knew to expect it although hoping against hope it would not.
On the flip side, I have never seen my skin more clear and free of redness, even with the few bruises.
I can see why it is the new standard for rosacea and broken caps, they have completely disappeared.
Unfortunately the hubby will not be trying it for his rosacea unless they can put him under, hmmm.
Cannot wait to see the end result and get thru the next few days!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the updates. Sounds like it was quite painful. Did they use do any numbing before the procedure?

Is this laser mostly for rosacea? Or does it also help with lines/wrinkles?

Sure hope this works for you. Keep us posted as the swelling wears off and you start to see the results!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Just finished the treatment and OMG, was not expecting that level of pain. Holy cow! Like an IPL on steroids! Got thru it and now waiting to get thru the downtime of swelling for a few days. The hubby watched and held my hand but after 7 IPL's this one showed immediate vein zapping right before his eyes. But he could tell from the squeezing of his hand and moaning, I was in pain. And a pain wimp I am not!
I will post pack in a few days once I wake from my Benadryl/Vicodin coma! Looking forward to redness relief and I can see it already even thru the welps, bruises and swelling already. She said to expect full recovery in 7 to 10 days. Woohoo!

I can't wait to hear about the final outcome...I am hoping that it is definitely worth the pain.

But it sure sounds like they needed to do something more about the pain in advance. And kudos to your husband for holding your hand through the process!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 am      Reply with quote
It is mostly for the redness/rosacea/broken caps and I could tell that instantly. She said it also helps with pores and mostly skin tone, but lines not so much. My skin is still a little mottled (as she said it would be) but I can say that my skin tone has never looked more even at this point now.
Today the swelling is still pretty bad (along with bruises) but at least I can see! I alternated the ice packs and Baby Q all day yesterday and by the end of the day my eyes were visible!
Yes, the hubby is my rock. He goes on every procedure (they even let him sit in on my upper/lower blephs)but this is one I am not sure I could have gotten thru without him.
The pain does need to be addressed. NOTHING I read stated that it hurt more than a "pinch" or snap, which to me is IPL level. And after as many as I have had, they barely bother me any more. This level of pain was not even close, mainly do to the fact that there are more and a smaller pattern. She also had it turned from 7.5 to 10 level depending on the area and adjusted the pattern size. Higher and tighter hurt worse.
They do not do numbing cream (as do a lot of IPL's anymore) do to the fact that it can mask or down play the redness, which is what the machine targets.
The only IPL'S that I have gotten results from have been the ones that do not use the numbing cream interestingly enough.
The RN who did it was my old esthetician Amber from APSI who had done several IPL's (and scary enough my Fraxel) in the past, along with botox and fillers a few years back before I moved. She knows my pain level, tolerance and preparedness. I felt very comfortable with her skill level on this.
A local might be advised for those who are less tolerant. I think I could have made do if I had a vicadin/valium cocktail and had been prepared mentally for the pain level. I don't do anything except Arnica for the IPL's. She did a great job beforehand of really preparing me for the procedure and the down time.
I did take Bromelain, cannot say that it helped much but who knows if I had not taken it. I ordered Arnica, since I was out, but it did not get in in time. I will take that starting today.
I slept in the recliner last night to get a better upright position and that actually did help. Had I done it the first night, I might have had less swelling.
In my non-preparedness for this procedure, I had Tues. night dinner plans and Friday also. Well, Tues. is out for sure and Friday is a maybe!
Quick procedure, it is not and Amber said the swelling is a foregone conclusion for everyone. Yet they are always booked solid and takes a while to get in. I don't know if anyone else is doing this here in Austin right now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I should also add that Amber said that their most requested area of treatment is the neck since this laser also targets pigmentation & age spots (it will break up a port wine stain birthmark).
She said that although it can help with acne red marks, they now recommend the dermapen (ha!) for acne scars (like pitting, etc.).
For skin barrier recovery, they recommend Cerave on the low end and NeoCutis on the pricier. They feel that it gives better results than the Skinmdedica TNS products.
They do not endorse any LED treamtents as they feel at Westlake Dermatology that they do not bring lasting or penetrating results.
Interesting!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mind giving a rough estimate of the price? Less than $500, more than that, waaaay more than that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
No, I thought for the treatment time and coverage area it was more than resonable at 500.00. I asked her what the cost would be for any touchups I might want to consider and she said 100-300.00 depending, although I don't anticipate any right now.
My derm charges 500.00 for a professional grade (not spa grade) IPL so that was the deciding factor for me.
Still swollen today but looking better. The hubby can at least look at me, haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:40 am      Reply with quote
On day 4 and still swollen with bruises, ugh. Had to reschedule Maria this week, who helps me by out cleaning my house monthly (due to my back problem)so as to not freak her out.
Hard to explain to her what a laser is, why I did this to myself and that my husband does not beat me. Just didn't want to stress her, sweet lady.Good thing it is flu season, told her that I am under the weather for a bit, which is true!
Cannot wait to see what the finished product is, as it is hard to fathom right now. I am really surprised the Arnica and Bromelain have not made as much of an improvement as I would have thought. As I said, IPL on steroids!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the updates!

Sounds painful, I am sure the results will be worth it. Is this similiar to Genesis Laser? From what I have read it seems to be. I am really interested in having this done.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a reasonable price! Can't wait to hear about your final results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I can tell yesterday was the hump day. Today swelling is there but minimal and the bruising is starting to turn to the yellow stage.
Amber recommended a product that helped with the few water blisters (ugh) that developed which was Curad an anti-microbial silver gel. Big help!
I do not know whta the Genises Laser is, one I have not had! I will have to check that out.
I would not have done it in the time frame i did this week had I know or been prepared, several things had to be cancelled or rescheduled. Amber was aggressive though (as she was with my IPLS) but hers were the ones that always gave me results.
Had I been prepared, I would have laid off my Omegas and E's, started the Arnica and not had any advil or wine the week before. Came off a party week starting a sore throat and cold and scheduled this 2 days out. Not smart!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Looking very normal(swelling-wise)today, light brusing stll fading. Hooray!
Talking to Amber yesterday when she called to check on me, and she stated she had been aggressive with me on the treatment. She knows how I am, I would rather go thru it once than have her go light and see no results.
I do love the even tone of the skin and the missing caps! They disappeard before our eyes. Cannot wait to see the end result!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Well it is one week and I am ready to leave the house! Swelling is gone and still a few red/bruise spots here and there. The hardest thing is the water blister beneath my nose is slow to heal, just because it stays moist. Ugh.
But it is way better and I am loving the overall results so far.
No rosacea or boken caps!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |