Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Flat moles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Renivere

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have a few flat moles on my face and it really bothers me. I feel really insecure and I always try to hide it by awkwardly covering the spots with my hand or arm or I would look down.

I'm only eighteen so I don't have much for surgery. In fact, I actually prefer it if I didn't have to go through surgery. Is there any home remedy/products I could use that is effective in removing/fading out my flat moles and approximately how long would it take for the moles to fade?

The moles aren't noticable in pictures so it's fairly small sized. I don't know how to describe the size but the largest mole I have is smaller than a pencil eraser.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Renivere wrote:
I have a few flat moles on my face and it really bothers me. I feel really insecure and I always try to hide it by awkwardly covering the spots with my hand or arm or I would look down.

I'm only eighteen so I don't have much for surgery. In fact, I actually prefer it if I didn't have to go through surgery. Is there any home remedy/products I could use that is effective in removing/fading out my flat moles and approximately how long would it take for the moles to fade?

The moles aren't noticable in pictures so it's fairly small sized. I don't know how to describe the size but the largest mole I have is smaller than a pencil eraser.

Hi Renivere- here are a couple post on the subject that could help you. There are a ton of other post if you do a google search on mole removal with apple cider vinegar.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30122

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32724

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I have a couple on my face. They are both flat and brown in colour. My dr recommended getting laser to "zap" them and I may need to it a couple times. I'm planning to do this next month. I highly recommend you get a professional to check them out first before you do any topicals. You need to be highly cautious. If they're more like freckles IPL may even help.
GL
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I had two on my body that were flat and pretty large in size. I had them removed by surgery - one was shaved off and healed very well without leaving a scar. The other one was much deeper and the derm must have not removed it completely because in the course of a couple of years it grew back exactly the way it was before removal.
I wanted to have them removed because recently they had started to change in size and appearance which was making me nervous. The biopsy showed them to be atypical congenital nevi. I have read that these kinds of moles have a higher risk of cancerous change over the course of a lifetime. The biopsy showed no cancerous formation in them and the doctor told me that the change in size and appearance for part of the normal maturation of the mole. Still, I need to keep an eye on the one that grew back and report to the doctor if it changes.
So, at the very least I think you should visit a dermatologist to have a look at them and she if he/she can determine what kind of moles they are just by looking at them. He or she might be able to suggest a minimally invasive treatment for them such as a chemical peel or even retin a might be helpful if used over a long term.

You have these moles on your face and you are self conscious about them. My guess is that probably you are the only one that sees them and most people don't even notice them unless you draw attention to them.
Just make sure you use a good sunscreen every single day of the year. For now, you can try covering them up with makeup. It won't completely cover them up, but if you choose a concealer that matches your skin tone exactly and apply it with a tiny brush just to the mole it might help reduce the appearance.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |