Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question about how to use my PMD
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nickky_shygirl
5% products discount

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought a PMD (Personal Microderm device) and have a few questions about how to use it which I can't seem to find the answer to.

Does anybody know:

- If the device should actually suction onto your face, or is just going over the skin good enough?
- Can you use the big nozzle on your face? Because I can't seem to get the small one to suction (i guess that relates to my first question)
- Is is ok to use a PMD with a Clarasonic? (yes I am a skincare junkie)
- How do you get it to suction onto your nose?
- I used it once and my wrinkles seem more visible, did anybody else experience this?
Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks
Nicole

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
nickky_shygirl wrote:
I recently bought a PMD (Personal Microderm device) and have a few questions about how to use it which I can't seem to find the answer to.

Does anybody know:

- If the device should actually suction onto your face, or is just going over the skin good enough?
- Can you use the big nozzle on your face? Because I can't seem to get the small one to suction (i guess that relates to my first question)
- Is is ok to use a PMD with a Clarasonic? (yes I am a skincare junkie)
- How do you get it to suction onto your nose?
- I used it once and my wrinkles seem more visible, did anybody else experience this?
Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks
Nicole

Hi Nicole & welcome to EDS!

Yes the device should suction the skin...the only reason it wouldn't would be if the head isn't sitting far down enough in the device. Check to make sure, by pushing it down as far as it can go. Also, tricky areas are bony areas like the nose. But, I have been able to get it to suction there with a little manipulating. I can't see that using the larger nozzle would work because that would be kind of hard to use on small areas and I personally don't think it provides any more suction than the smaller nozzle. I have not noticed that the PMD makes wrinkles look worse, but I will say that whenever you use any form of exfoliation, you should use an extra hydrating cream or oil afterwards, and of course, drink lots of water to hydrate the skin from within. Perhaps others will chime in about their experiences with the suction...
All the best, Aprile Smile
nickky_shygirl
5% products discount

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your comments on this situation. I'll try pushing the nozzle down next time I use it. Most people seem to find that it takes a few go's before they see any noticeable results. + I probably just imagined that my wrinkles look worse (sometimes I do that)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
nickky_shygirl wrote:
Thanks for your comments on this situation. I'll try pushing the nozzle down next time I use it. Most people seem to find that it takes a few go's before they see any noticeable results. + I probably just imagined that my wrinkles look worse (sometimes I do that)

Hi Nicky,
That's true for many of us especially when we're concentrating on our faces so much. Lol! I would definitely hydrate your skin afterwards though because it can dry out the skin. I used mine the other day and noticed my face has some dry peeling patches right now...so I am using some facial oil to combat the dryness. All the best, Aprile
havana8

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if you've seen the PMD thread but I seem to remember there were a few comments from some regarding using the green tip, using the PMD on the nose etc. Here's the link:

PMD
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45435

Welcome to EDS. Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:21 am      Reply with quote
havana8, what brand can you recommend to be a good "skin renewal cream" after PMD?
frognkisses
5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I use the large nozzle with the red for most parts of my face and then use the smaller one for the nose area.
I really like my PMD and it reduced my pores and fine lines.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hello frognkisses Smile Do you use a "skin-renewal cream" after your PMD???
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |