Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HA and hydrating serums
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
may i know if ladies out here have any recommendations for a HA serum or hydrating serums?

I mean list the brands your are currently using. Thanks
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is not a serum but a night time moisturizer -
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM.
It has hyaluronic acid in addition to niacinamide, ceramides and other good things for dry skin. I have only used this product occasionally around my eyes. It's the only place where I get dry skin and I really like how it makes my skin look and feel.

Something that I use daily is a spray by Timeless Skin Care. It is hyaluronic acid with Matryxil 3000, panthenol and cucumber extract. I can't make a decision yet on whether it is worth using. You would definitely need a moisturizer on top of it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I use an HA product daily.
It is good to use over a serum and at night I use Cereve.
Babyface has a really good one at a reasonable price:
http://www.babyfacestore.com/
I also love the Hydracool from IS CLinical or Phyto-C.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
$52 Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster.

I don't actually use it on myself, but I use it on clients and sell a lot of it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Garden of Wisdom has nice HA serums at a great price.
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/hyaluronic.html

The sample packs let you choose a selection of three for about $12-13. Or 2oz of any one for $12.

I've used a couple of the varieties and like them. I honestly don't notice much difference between the types.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion - a bottle is sold every 4 seconds in Japan. This lotion serum really helps lock in moisture. I use it under moisturizer and on top of serums. Never found anything better and every woman in my family uses it and loves it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion - a bottle is sold every 4 seconds in Japan. This lotion serum really helps lock in moisture. I use it under moisturizer and on top of serums. Never found anything better and every woman in my family uses it and loves it.

http://www.amazon.com/Rohto-Hadalabo-Gokujyn-Hyaluronic-Lotion/product-reviews/B000FQUGXA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:

i tried the sha and whitening. did not solve my hydration probs. clogged my pores and gave me millia. Sad

i guess my skin is weird
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 am      Reply with quote
HA serum is the easiest to make yourself.

All you have to do is add water to HA powder, shake it and place it in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Done!

You can also add a little bit of preservative to make it last long.

For a full recipe check the following link:

http://skinessentialactives.blogspot.ca/2011/12/hyaluronic-acid-1-serum.html

If it is too much work, I can recommend Devita HA serum ($61.00)

http://www.iherb.com/Devita-RX-Hyaluronic-Rx-Morning-and-or-Evening-1-oz-30-ml/38792
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
actually are all companies's ha serum the same?

Do they give the same effect?

Most of the companies' ingrdients look pretty similar.

H20, ha, glycerin , preservatives.

like the ones by timeless, reviva, skinceutical.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 am      Reply with quote
SnowFairy wrote:
It has hyaluronic acid in addition to niacinamide, ceramides and other good things for dry skin. I have only used this product occasionally around my eyes. It's the only place where I get dry skin and I really like how it makes my skin look and feel.

Something that I use daily is a spray by Timeless Skin Care. It is hyaluronic acid with Matryxil 3000, panthenol and cucumber extract. I can't make a decision yet on whether it is worth using. You would definitely need a moisturizer on top of it.

i seen the ingredients. really simple. Is it good?
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I use an HA product daily.
It is good to use over a serum and at night I use Cereve.
Babyface has a really good one at a reasonable price:
http://www.babyfacestore.com/
I also love the Hydracool from IS CLinical or Phyto-C.

Hi
the ingredients are ha and h20. How does it compare to other brands with the same ingredients?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Very resonable. I like it better than some of the cheaper ones I have tried from Amazon but not quite as much as Hydra Cool (which is a bit pricier). I alternate.
I find it hydrates and soaks in well, doesn't just sit on top or ball up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Very resonable. I like it better than some of the cheaper ones I have tried from Amazon but not quite as much as Hydra Cool (which is a bit pricier). I alternate.
I find it hydrates and soaks in well, doesn't just sit on top or ball up.

you have tried diff brands?

you think some brands are better despite ingredients being the same?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
SnowFairy wrote:

i seen the ingredients. really simple. Is it good?

Which one?
The CeraVe is really good. It has a lot of ingredients that support a healthy skin barrier and production of collagen. It doesn't have anitoxidants though.

The Timeless spray has good ingredients too, I'm just not sure that it has done anything positive to my skin yet. It makes my mineral makeup look really good if I spray it on after I apply my makeup. I spray it on before my workouts and I think it helps to keep my skin hydrated during the intense sweating. Long term benefits? I'm not sure yet...
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi snowfairy,
i ordered the cerave from amazon for my dehydrated skin.

i was wondering how does your timeless compare to other ha serums out there.
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Salome - I haven't tried any other HA serums. The reason I got the Timeless was for the Matryxil 3000 and it just happens to have HA in it. Timeless sells pure HA serum that you can add into any other moisturizer or serum you want.
It has water, sodium hyaluronate and some kind of preservative.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
snow fairy

what does the Matryxil 3000 do for your skin?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
It is a peptide and while research on it and the other peptides is not conclusive it is supposed to stimulate collagen production and the production of hyaluronic acid within the inter-cellular matrix of the skin.

Other than the nice feel this spray gives me, I have not noticed any other major benefits from it. I've only used it for a short time and I think I need to give it a good 6 months before I can decide whether it's doing anything good or not. The cost of the spray is not ridiculous and it does have panthenol which is supposed to help with skin hydration and wound healing and also cucumber extract which is supposed to have anti-inflammatory properties and help with skin discolorations. so, I figured - I'll give it a try. Why not?
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
do you think besides retin a and c serum. do i need a peptide or i should take things slower?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
If I understand the research behind peptides correctly - they are highly unstable and cannot penetrate the skin layers very well. Even if they penetrate the skin they may be deactivated by the many enzymes present in the skin. However there are some synthetically created peptides Matryxil 3000 being one of them that when well formulated are stable, can penetrate the skin, not be affected by the enzymes in the skin and deliver their benefits (anti-inflammatory, tell the skin cells to produce more collagen or HA etc...).
Are there any peptide products on the market that are well manufactured in a stable formula that can penetrate beyond the skin surface? I have no idea. For all I know I might just be spraying cucumber scented water on my face with my Timeless spray Laughing
You will have to make your own decision on that, but if they do work I believe they will enhance the effects of your Retin A and C serum while providing anti-inflammatory benefits to your skin.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Maybe no. i just concentrate on anti oxidants and hydration 1st. But do update if it is good and u see results. Smile
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Salome_B:

I use SkinCeuticals B-5 Hydrating Gel. I love this Hyaluronic Acid moisturizer and use it as my only moisturizer on my face for many years now, as I have breakouts and try to stay away from face creams. I use many of the SkinCeutical products and have so for many years (check my postings here on EDS over the years), but I don't care for the SkinCeuticals sunscreens which I have tried. So, I stick with a DermaDoctor brand sunscreen. I do try many products over years suggested by members on the site but usually end up back at SkinCeuticals. It's a matter of what works for one person, may not work for another. Smile Hope you find your Holy Grail(s).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Back again, I just wanted to post that there are less expensive alternatives to the SkinCeutcals Hyaluronic acid product I use. Here is a link to a Hyaluronic Acid product at the CellBone website which I have been eye-ing for a long time, but haven't tried. It is a cheaper alternative:

http://cellbone.com/HAb5.htm

Hope this helps. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, been out of town and just saw the question.
I have tried prob 6 or 7 different ones from GOW to Cellex, Babyface, Timeless, IS CLinical, Phyto C and some I cannot remember!
The subtle differences are what they add to it. I find that the extra add-ons like the ones Cellex does and Hydra Cool do more for my skin. Baby face was very good for the money.
Just a plain HA like I have now: Hyaluronic Acid Serum 100% Pure by Timeless just doesn't do much in extra hydration.
I think mid-range price was a good way to go on a daily basis.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |