Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best make-up brands for 15 year old?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Liv15152

Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a lot of trouble with trying to find make up recently and decided I needed more opinions then just my mom's. I'm 15 so I have some trouble acne, especially on my forehead and right cheek (I don't know why my right cheek.. but it is always worse than my left) and my chin. I also have small blackheads on my nose. The problem with a lot of make up brands is that it looks very flakey and makes any patches of extreme dryness even more visible. I've decided to switch my cleaner and moisturizer hoping it will help. So any recommendations on foundation, highlighters, mascera and finishing powder? I worry that powders won't work well with my skin but I'm honestly not sure.. Thanks for your help! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Being as you are only 15, please consider dialing it back a bit. There should be no need for all that makeup, enjoy your fresh faced youth as long as you can. A concealer and tinted moisturizer should be all you need. Anything more on someone under 20 looks out of place to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hello Liv15252 Smile I would invest in a gentle cleanser with salicylic to clear acne/pimples and blackheads. A good toner to balance your skin's pH level would be good. And a light moisturizer suited for your skin's type afterwards. I also would recommend a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF to protect your skin. It is never too early to start now. I would not recommend make-up right now as you have some issues with your skin as make-up will only make it worse... Resolve your skin issues first.. Having blemish-free skin is better to look at than a face with make-up but lots of acne/pimples/blackheads.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree. Sometimes makeup can make you look worse. However if you just want a little coverage and to even the skintone out...as I know how acne prone skin can be frustrating... A good tinted moisturiser ( as already recommended) or a bb cream or even a liquid foundation mixed with your sunscreen may be all you need. Opt for mineral blush if you like too. You wouldn't need more than that. Also go for oil free versions. If you do decide to use makeup though just be sure to wash it all off properly every night. Your pores need to be clean and " breathe" so to speak. Like PP said look at your skincare too.
GL
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
There are a lot of good drug store products that are affordable and just as good as higher end products. Please don't think you need to spend a lot of money.

A cleanser with salicylic acid (Loreal 360 is a good one), a toner (you can use Rose Water) and a gentle moisturizer with SPF for daytime should be good. You might want to spot treat breakouts with a salicylic treatment.

As for makeup, I think like others already suggested, a tinted moisturizer (with SPF) or a BB cream would be perfect. A pretty blush (coral is a shade that looks good on all skin tones), a mascara and a little lip gloss is all you need. I don't think you need concealer at your age unless you want to lightly apply it to any spots you have.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Liz15152,

Honestly I would really recommend going for the Organic stuff - Hauschka and Inika are personal favourites of mine. Not only are they better for your skin (and your skin will look better for it), they do not test on animals which is more than I can say for many of the commercial high street and designer brands.

Hope this helps Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 am      Reply with quote
When I was that age, my makeup selection was all based on covering my acne. I would invest on some good concealer. The two that I find that are really good is MAC (the concealer in the pot) or Cle de Peau, but that was not available when I was a teen.

Investing on a good concealer brush and foundation brush would be a good idea and I avoided blush since I noticed it enhanced the appearance of bumps on my face.

The other makeup I had was mascara, lipstick, gloss. I was annoyed that I was not good with eye shadow application.

Your personal style will change and that will include the makeup.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I also wanted to add that I thought makeup made me look different and I didn't like what I saw.

I had makeup as a child and wore that only when I was performing. That was stage makeup.

During my teens, I was dealing with getting comfortable on the way I looked. I grew up in a very Italian neighborhood and they are darker then I am. Little did I know, some girls was very jealous of very pale girls and were very, very nasty to us. It just shows that we were all going through something.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 am      Reply with quote
If you feel you really want to start getting into make up, you couldnt do better than start with mineral make up. Go to the Everyday Minerals site and read about it. From there you can get really low cost samples. Using minerals is fun and much much better for your skin. They have fantastic concealer that stays on beautifully.
There are skin treatments available with minerals that help with spots, too. Have a look at Suncat minerals, it is a simple site and the owner is genuinely knowledgeable and helpful and her products are very pure.

Btw.. look up "aspirin mask".. it will really sort your issues out, cheaply,

The flakies you mention mean you need to exfoliate and hydrate. Aspirin mask mixed with honey will do that for you.

Go to makeupalley boards, there are a lot of girls your age there sharing experiences and tips.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |