Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help**eye shadow won't stay on**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blueberry
5% products discount

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I have a problem of oily eyelids, think it started from wearing daily contact lens. I have tried possibly all eye base products on earth but nothing works for me.
eye shadow melts, & it appears a line, so awful, I want to wear pretty color but I can only wear eyeliner.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:39 am      Reply with quote
blueberry, have you tried Benefit f.y. eye or their she-laq? They're not cheap so would be worth trying before buying Wink
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Mac paint in 'bare canvas' is also a good base. Some E/S are really bad at staying put tho. Perhaps thet JI stuff 'absence' would be good?

Also, do you use any product on your lids at all?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the Benefit stuff. FY Eye is an eye primer. It's a cream and you only need a smidgeon (is that a word?) to put over your lid. Let it 'set' and then do your makeup as normal. It goes on like a cream but sets with a sort of silky powder finish. I have oily skin and lids and it works a treat all day! It's US$20 and the little tub will last you ages.

She-laq can be used for eyemakeup and lipstick. It's a bottle of laquer that comes with 4 brushes. I mainly use it over eye liner but you can use it over lipstick, on your brows and it comes with a mascara brush too.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Urban Decay's Primer Potion is awesome stuff. My shadow doesn't budge with it on.

I wear contacts and have oily eyelids too, and I was always aggravated b/c my shadows disappeared....not so anymore.

I also use it on the bottom lid to keep eyeliner in place, but I think the Shelaq does a better job (on the bottom) of keeping liner put!

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I use Jane Iredale eyeshadows and they stay put. I've also purchased their lid primer, but think the eyeshadow works just as good on its own.
crickett

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Another option is to use Mac blotting powder. This works well for me, however it does tone down the intensity of the color.
blueberry
5% products discount

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have bought so much junk that they stay in my cosmetic bag, I hate to waste my money on these products. Recently I bought Smashbox, lip & lid primer, I still have a line mark on my lids. I tried not to put eye shadow over the "line", but it didn't look right. Hope you understand what I mean. anyway, I'll check out these products you recommend.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have always had that problem, as well. I started using Trish McEvoy shadows and I have not had that problem anymore. I use TM concealer as a base and TM shadow...it is really awesome.

Liz
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I put foundation before eye shadow, this way really help the eye shadow to stay on longer.
Try Guerlain eye shadow, it works well for me.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
SmashBox Primer is a good one, too. Plus I think you can get samples of it if you ask for them at Nordstrom...that way you can try it out. I also think that Benefit has a good eye makeup primer....
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use Trish McEvoy shadow too and it is by far the best I have used.
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
The double eye sticks from estee lauder are awesome. A nuetral one that goes with everything is double flower. Lasts all day!
Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use Clinique touch base for eyes.. it comes in many colours and you can also use it as a shadow...

it works well and its not that expensive either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
before applying eye shadow try putting a thick layer of concealer which will help your eye shadow stay on longer.

i was at the dermotologist the other day and she recommended a water proof concealer.

you can contact them and see if they can help www.advancedskincare.ca

5% products discount

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree abou the Urban Decay Primer Potion. By the middle of the day, my eye shadow would be all in the crease of my eye if not for that primer! Also, little goes a long way.
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for MAC Bare Canvas - my eyeshadow stays put all day with this.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that putting a base underneath can help- as many have already suggested either some of your foundation or some concealer. I have very oily skin and have found cream eye shadows to be great. There are heaps around at the moment and i love the way they look.
Hope you find something to suit you-

maddy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |