Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Antioxidants in skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi

For anti oxidants

A - Retin A

C - Vitamin c serum

E - i was wondering how do i incorporate E into my skincare?

Also others if possible.

Thanks..
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Try the DIY CEF serums on the forum. They combine vitamins C and E with ferulic acid. HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Salome_B:
You can try a product made by SkinCeuticals which I use called C E + Ferulic serum. I have been using it for years with great success. The less expensive route would be the do-it-yourself method as mentioned above. Smile

Also, I see you have Retin-A on your list as an antioxidant. Retin-A is not an antioxidant. Retin-A falls into the category of exfoliators and skin rejuvenators. It sheds skin (which helps with pigmentation and discoloration problems as well) and helps stimulate cell growth and also helps produce more collagen. I used to use Tretinoin prescribed by a dermatologist, but now use SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0.

One last thing, if you use a Retinol product, use it at night and make sure you use a sunscreen in the morning, as Retinol products can make you photo-sensitive.

Antioxidants (Vit. C) are used in the morning.

Hope the helps. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Good point, MystyPines--you don't have to DIY it, unless you want to Smile

Hope you don't mind that I make one small correction: retin-A is all trans-retinoic acid, an acid form of vitamin A, so it is indeed an antioxidant. Here is a nice summary: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/chebi/searchId.do?chebiId=CHEBI:15367

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks people.

But if i just want a vitamin e, how do i get it?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
You can take the same vit E gelcaps that you swallow. Poke a hole in it, squeeze some out, mix it up with your other moisturizer and apply to your skin. You can also buy a bottle of Vit E oil and mix it with your moisturizer.
As a side note - Vit E gives me puffy eyes, but the rest of my skin likes it.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
That one is ok the vit e? i do not have to get one specifically for face?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes you can use the same liquid sofgels that you would take internally.
If you wanted to get one that's made for use on the skin specifically this one
http://www.amazon.com/000IU-Vitamin-Pure-Beauty-Ounces/dp/B0019LV2QU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359342503&sr=8-1&keywords=jason+vitamin+e+oil+45000
seems to have really lovely oils in addition to the vit E.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 am      Reply with quote
what's good to take internally is definitely fine to use topically... some powdered actives come with extra stuff in caps which should be avoided though...
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:57 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:

Hope you don't mind that I make one small correction: retin-A is all trans-retinoic acid, an acid form of vitamin A, so it is indeed an antioxidant. Here is a nice summary: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/chebi/searchId.do?chebiId=CHEBI:15367

Thanks CM5597! After all these years, I had no idea that Retin A was an antioxidant. Even better, I will take all the antioxidants I can get! LOL! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
anyone can add in about Coq10, resvaratrol and green tea extract on how to use them?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I had once opened a gelcap of CoQ10 and it was orange and thick. I applied it to my face just to see what happens. It turned my skin orange and it stained my pillow case. It washed off easily the following day. So, I have no idea how you would go about adding this to a lotion or a serum.

If you are looking for a good antioxidant serum I would recommend Olay Regenerist Regenerating serum. The price is decent and it comes in a fragrance free option.
It has plenty of niacinamide which helps to increase the fatty acid content of the skin and is an anti-inflammatory. It also has a peptide (we briefly talked about those in a different post). It has the antoxidants carnosine, vit E, green tea extract and it also cointains allantoin which is a really good anti-irritant and studies posted on Pubmed claim that it helps to repair and establish a healthy skin barrier.
Then you can take the CoQ10 and resveratrol internally.
Sorry - I am not much a of a DIY person, but the regenerist seems like a really decent antioxidant serum although there are others also very good at a much higher price, but not necessarily better.
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I suppose you could also brew some really strong green tea, put it in a sprayer bottle, keep it in the refrigerator and spray your face with it. Add some vit E to it, shake it up really good before spraying. It's really simple, but maybe others can figure out how to formulate all these ingredients in one serum.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
SnowFairy wrote:
I suppose you could also brew some really strong green tea, put it in a sprayer bottle, keep it in the refrigerator and spray your face with it. Add some vit E to it, shake it up really good before spraying. It's really simple, but maybe others can figure out how to formulate all these ingredients in one serum.

i do this everynight with a green tea bag. or would the extract be more effective?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

Thanks CM5597! After all these years, I had no idea that Retin A was an antioxidant. Even better, I will take all the antioxidants I can get! LOL! Laughing

LOL. You are welcome Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |