Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Weird condition :( Combination skin? Oily? Dry??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rilakkuma

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have Combination skin, my T-zone and cheek are usually oily. Sometimes I have acne and blackhead.

Recently I tried to use oil on my face that I purchased from Shea Terra.

After I washed my face, my face feels a bit dry.
So I use lavender hydrosol as toner. Then I applied Tamanu oil + Marula oil (both from Shea Terra) on my face, and then Tamanu cream (from Shea Terra).
* And I use deep clean clay mask once-twice a week.

So usually no matter what i use on my face, my t-zone and cheek will be oily in an hour or so.
This time, after I used the oil for like an hour, it feels like my face is oily and dry at the same time. When I touch my face it's a bit dry and oily at the same time. I'm not sure if the oil that i applied just sit on my face or it's oil from my pore. Sad

*Tamanu oil is said to be good for acne since I had some on my face. After using it, it seems that there are less breakout but my face is weird now.

What actually happen? Shock Shock
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think I know what you are talking about - feeling oily and dry at the same time. It happened to me as well when I was experimenting with using oils on my face. I think it's best to use a mixture of different oils. My favorite mixture ended up being sunflower, safflower, sesame and vit E. It worked the best if I mixed a few drops of oils with some aloe vera in the palm of my hand before applying it to my face. I eventually stopped using the oils in favor of some commercially prepared products that can exfoliate, moisturize, have antioxidants etc...

Tamanu oil is good for skin as it has phospholipids and glycolipids both of which are a component of healthy skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties and it has been shown to help in the healing of wounds. I suppose it might help with the treatment of acne to some degree although you might need additional products such as salicylic acid, a gentle benzoyl peroxide lotion and maybe retinol.

I did apply tamanu oil to a cyst I once had on my face. I would apply at at night and cover it with a micro-pore paper tape. I did it for several nights. I think it might have helped a little bit but it was not a miracle. I got slightly better results with sesame seed oil and castor oil on different cysts. My current skin care regimen seems to be working pretty good that I haven't gotten any cysts even during my menstrual cycle.

Sorry for the long story - I think you need to mix different oils and apply them to wet skin or mix them with aloe vera gel.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
dry and dehydrating are not the same thing.
Dry = low oil
Dehydrated = low water.

Sounds like you are oily and dehydrated, in the winter it is pretty normal. Drink more water, less coffee and wine and use an oil free moisturizer.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
SnowFairy wrote:
I think I know what you are talking about - feeling oily and dry at the same time. It happened to me as well when I was experimenting with using oils on my face. I think it's best to use a mixture of different oils. My favorite mixture ended up being sunflower, safflower, sesame and vit E. It worked the best if I mixed a few drops of oils with some aloe vera in the palm of my hand before applying it to my face. I eventually stopped using the oils in favor of some commercially prepared products that can exfoliate, moisturize, have antioxidants etc...

Tamanu oil is good for skin as it has phospholipids and glycolipids both of which are a component of healthy skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties and it has been shown to help in the healing of wounds. I suppose it might help with the treatment of acne to some degree although you might need additional products such as salicylic acid, a gentle benzoyl peroxide lotion and maybe retinol.

I did apply tamanu oil to a cyst I once had on my face. I would apply at at night and cover it with a micro-pore paper tape. I did it for several nights. I think it might have helped a little bit but it was not a miracle. I got slightly better results with sesame seed oil and castor oil on different cysts. My current skin care regimen seems to be working pretty good that I haven't gotten any cysts even during my menstrual cycle.

Sorry for the long story - I think you need to mix different oils and apply them to wet skin or mix them with aloe vera gel.

Thank you so much!!!
I think I'm gonna mix the oil with aloe vera gel and try. Do you remember where you get your aloe vera gel or what brand is it?

I know salicylic acid or other ingredients are said to be cure acne and I've used a lot. It actually dried out my skin and the acne still comes back. And currently I'm trying to switch all my skincare to organic products and try to avoid harsh chemicals.

I think I will stick with the tamaru oil and marula oil first since I just bought them Sad I wanna finish the whole bottle before getting other stuff. But definitely Im getting the aloe vera gel since i can also use it as a mask Smile
Rilakkuma

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
dry and dehydrating are not the same thing.
Dry = low oil
Dehydrated = low water.

Sounds like you are oily and dehydrated, in the winter it is pretty normal. Drink more water, less coffee and wine and use an oil free moisturizer.

Thank you!
You are right! I never realized that they are two different things Sad

Just wondering why less wine? And does red wine count?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use Lily of the Desert aloe vera gel that I get from the Vitamin Shoppe, but there are plenty of places that carry it.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I have a bunch of clients with similar skin and they confess to only drinking coffee and wine. So drink more water, and avoid drinks that dehydrate!

5% products discount

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think your skin is dehydrated, you should use more light skincare product, less oil, when the skin is back to balance, you could use a little more heavier cream.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |