Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Repairing "Orange Peel" skin - Solutions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
auburneyz
5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have two quarter size sections, on apples of my cheeks, that have a orange peel texture. This is one of two (acne scarring,2nd) skin issues that prompted me to find EDS. I have since read, that the orange peel texture is actually the outermost layer of skin is gone, revealing the deeper orange peel textured skin exposed. Is this in fact the case? If so, any solutions out there to share? Can your skin repair the outermost layers on those sections? I thank you very much in advance!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have researched and from what I gather, "CP Serum and Emu Oil" and a lot of patience will help rebuild those layers of skin. Anyone have positive results using this treatment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Have a look at dermarolling.
auburneyz
5% products discount

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
thanks catski, I am actually in the middle of dermarolling. (3 down, 3 to go) with a weekly .3mm. This is why I am asking about the layers of skin on my cheek area, dont want to over-work it, if I should dedicate my time and effort to healing that area properly first. (If in fact, it is missing layers of skin) Smile I research a lot. But havnt seem to come across information that is concise as to what steps, if any, need to be taken. OR I am overwhelmed with the amount of information and my brain is not processing it properly. LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
It is missing layers of skin?

The dermaroll ing takes a fair while to show full results, so be patient.

Emu oil does thicken skin.

I wonder if needling the indentations would fill them in, or if you need resurfacing.

How come missing layers?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Btw, dry skin brushing can also thicken and smooth skin. Little face brushes are cheap and really improve the complexion.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 am      Reply with quote
i think orange peel appearance is due to big open pores.... retin A if used wisely should help with it....
auburneyz
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Btw, dry skin brushing can also thicken and smooth skin. Little face brushes are cheap and really improve the complexion.

I will give this a try, I hadnt thought of it thickening the skin. I am sure it is a long process, so will start when I am done with the next roll, next week. Thank you for the advice!

5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
daler: I have used retin a in the past, but it has been quite a while. I think I should start again, but with the weakest formula they have I think its a .01. I appreciate the advice, my biggest worry was doing to much and damaging the skin. I have a bit more courage now. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
It is missing layers of skin?

The dermaroll ing takes a fair while to show full results, so be patient.

Emu oil does thicken skin.

I wonder if needling the indentations would fill them in, or if you need resurfacing.

How come missing layers?

I am assuming that on my cheek area, the orange peel texture is visible due to the outermost skin being worn away (?) I read that somewhere but for the life of me cant remember where. So I thought I better get some confirmation and advice. I am hoping when this year of dermarolling, microcurrent, diy skincare, is over I can rule out resurfacing. But I am still leaving that on the table. Thanks for taking time to respond, it gets a bit confusing at times!

5% products discount

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Years ago I was trying anything and everything to make my acne scars go away, I also got the orange peel look. My advice would be to really leave your skin alone for awhile. Baby it, and it will go back to normal in time. I think you are right about the top layers of skin being worn off. It needs to heal. Mine did in time.
havana8

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
On the Karin Herzog review thread, I remember BluesHeart mentioning that KH resolved some orange peel looking skin on her check area. Might be another possible option to consider…
auburneyz
5% products discount

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
polkadot: I think you are right, just leaving it alone for a while. You know, you dont realize how traumatic some treatments are, until you do Wink

havana8: going to check out that thread now. Thanks for the tip!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

This is the first time I write anything on a forum regarding skin problems. But since I have been through a long term experimentation on myself just to find the solution to the "orange peel texture" problem, I thought that I should share the solution.

Just to mention that I have "absolutely" tried everything (Every single product you can find in a pharmacy and skin-product stores) for a periode just to see if there is any change.

I have an oily and acne-prone skin (with lots of comedones) even though I have a pretty healthy diet. The thing that damaged my skin was the "oil cleansing methode" (too much castor oil and too much mechanical scrubbing). After a while I got that it's mechanical friction and scrubbing that worsen this condition (also things that remove lipids from the skin; like castor oil or acetone which is found in some Glycolic Acid products).

Also chemical peels that remove a good deal of the outer layers of epidermis worsened the condition. So, I realized, I have to find a way to slowly fix the problem over time.

Then I found products with Glycolic Acids and Salisylic Acids. Those helped a little bit over course of several months but that didn't help enough. Finally I realized that I had to imporve the penetration of the Glycolic Acid into the skin.

And that's where I found the solution. A dermaroller with small needles 0,25mm. I had tried 0.5mm, 1.0mm before that but those gave me more pitted scars.

So, the 0.25mm dermaroller once a week, and immediately after the treatment, I used the Glycolix Elite 10% cream (which contains not only glycolic acid but the vitamins A, E and C).
The funny thing was, one treatment gave just a huge difference that I had difficulty to belive it.

So,you have to be completely gentle with the "orange peel texture" condition. Don't use any peels or strong stuff like tretinoin. Glycolic acid does wonders given optimal absorption.

And by the way, just after the dermarolling you get an inflammation in your skin for 1-3 days. So, your skin may look a tiny bit worse at first, but you will see the difference after day 3.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
i think orange peel appearance is due to big open pores.... retin A if used wisely should help with it....

I heard that, in some people, Retin-A can actually increase the size of pores.
Dorymai

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies I have been reading your posts on this subject with a lot of interest as I too am suffering with this and it seems all over my face, it's really getting me down and sapping my confidence! I have always had large pores and oily skin but the texture seemed to appear all of a sudden about 18 months ago after I had lost weight due to stress. There seems to be a differing of opinion on exfoliating and the use of products on the skin and I like the sound of leaving my skin alone for a while, if it is due to inflammation, although I am so desperate to do something about it I am not sure I have the bottle to do that. I have subjected my skin to quite harsh exfoliation in the past due to the breakouts I used to get!! I am interested in using Cerave mentioned butI am in the UK and don't seem to be able to purchase it here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
auburneyz
5% products discount

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
"So,you have to be completely gentle with the "orange peel texture" condition. Don't use any peels or strong stuff like tretinoin. Glycolic acid does wonders given optimal absorption. "

Just a note: I purchase my Glycolic acid from Amazon and have had reliable results. They seem to ship most places as well. I only use it every 4-5 weeks, I have increased the time frame and it seems to work better for my skin.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:16 am      Reply with quote
lutanica wrote:
Hi,

This is the first time I write anything on a forum regarding skin problems. But since I have been through a long term experimentation on myself just to find the solution to the "orange peel texture" problem, I thought that I should share the solution.

Just to mention that I have "absolutely" tried everything (Every single product you can find in a pharmacy and skin-product stores) for a periode just to see if there is any change.

I have an oily and acne-prone skin (with lots of comedones) even though I have a pretty healthy diet. The thing that damaged my skin was the "oil cleansing methode" (too much castor oil and too much mechanical scrubbing). After a while I got that it's mechanical friction and scrubbing that worsen this condition (also things that remove lipids from the skin; like castor oil or acetone which is found in some Glycolic Acid products).

Also chemical peels that remove a good deal of the outer layers of epidermis worsened the condition. So, I realized, I have to find a way to slowly fix the problem over time.

Then I found products with Glycolic Acids and Salisylic Acids. Those helped a little bit over course of several months but that didn't help enough. Finally I realized that I had to imporve the penetration of the Glycolic Acid into the skin.

And that's where I found the solution. A dermaroller with small needles 0,25mm. I had tried 0.5mm, 1.0mm before that but those gave me more pitted scars.

So, the 0.25mm dermaroller once a week, and immediately after the treatment, I used the Glycolix Elite 10% cream (which contains not only glycolic acid but the vitamins A, E and C).
The funny thing was, one treatment gave just a huge difference that I had difficulty to belive it.

So,you have to be completely gentle with the "orange peel texture" condition. Don't use any peels or strong stuff like tretinoin. Glycolic acid does wonders given optimal absorption.

And by the way, just after the dermarolling you get an inflammation in your skin for 1-3 days. So, your skin may look a tiny bit worse at first, but you will see the difference after day 3.

Just to complement what I posted earlier. I take back the word "solution" as what I said improved the condition greatly but did not completely solved it, at least not yet. It's a little bit too early to tell.

What I forgot to mention was that I too used Retin-A (the Norwegian variant as I live in Norway) after the "oil cleansing method" and that worsened the condition.

What I absolutely am sure about is that this condition is caused by loss of the intercellular lipids in the corneum stratum (layer of epidermis)

This is why when you use a rich moisturizer the large pores seem much smaller but when no moisturizer is applied you see the pores again. So the challenge is to rebuild the lipids connecting corneocytes. How is still an ongoing process..

One thing more that I'm sure of is that mechanical, chemical (strong ones) and laser exfoliation worsen the condition. This comes from lots and lots of experimentation.

To auburneyz:
What's the strength of the glycolic acid you are using? I buy mine from Amazon as well. I buy mine as facial cream (Glycolix Elite) with 20% glycolic acid. I began with 10% first though.
Pamma
5% products discount

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi auburneyz, wondering if you decided to try cp's and how the glycolic peels are going? What percent are you using and how long/often?? This question is for lutanica also. I used glycolic for a short while with cp's but didn't seem to make a difference.

I second what lutanica is saying. I was given instructions to exfoliat and use retin a and my skin got HORRIBLE after about 4 months. This was to treat black heads and large pores...what a joke, as every pore was enlarged further and the blackheads spread into all of them. So then she recommended peals which didn't help. That was 8 yrs ago and it had only gotten worse. Why do people keep saying that taking off the dead skin cells is good for your skin? It's almost as if the industry wants to create a problem so you need them...? my blackhead problem is marginally better. Pores are still over large with wrinkles like dot to dot and orange peel texture. I think derma rolling is the way to go. I did have some success in 2009/10 but it's so painful and hard to talk myself into. You have to keep after it because results don't last...I've rolled 3 times over the last 6 months, last time being 3months ago no difference yet.
I think protecting the skin as a whole is the only way to go. People who have beautiful skin generally splash with cool water and live healthy lives.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:59 am      Reply with quote
No no do not exfoliate! I have read somewhere that vitamin b helps with repairing barrier of the skin so I think it should help? Just a thought. Try a cream that has vitamin b's in it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |