Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Face looks saggy when skinny and plumper when eating a lot?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I started a raw vegan diet and my face started to saggy, specially in the cheek area....I have been eating lots of cheese, chicken and wheat within the past week and the saggyness has dissapeared and I have no saggyness, it's more plumper, lifter and firm.

Why is this?

I really want to transition to vegan.

Thank You!
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
What are your reasons for moving to a raw vegan diet? What were you eating when you were following the raw vegan diet? How long did you do it for? Can you give us more details and we'll see if we can sort it out for you. I am not vegan but I have a lot of experience with preparing cooked and raw vegan meals.
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ,

I have been a into a vegan diet for almost 3 months, a week ago I started eating, wheat, chicken sandwiches, burritos, chocolates, nachos...and now my skin is plumped, lifted and glowy....weird....I thought it should be the opposite with a vegan diet, I ate mostly whole wheat rice, beans, chickpeas, lentils soup, some fruit...not much veggies....Please explain, I want to go back to a vegan diet the right way and with the same results or even better for the entire body, mind and soul!

Thank You!
Indium
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am not 100% sure but I think the vegans that seem to be having good results might be sticking to mostly veggies and green vegetable smoothies and not really eating too much of the wheat, grains, beans or nuts and if they eat wheat, nuts, grains or beans they soak and sprout them.
overall I think veggies are the main dish and the other foods you had been mainly eating are supposed to be side things that if eaten should be eaten in smaller amounts and sprouted and/or fermented.
Smile hope that helps.
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I see, why is that? Do grains make your face sag if you only eat those, so a min ingestion of veggies/fruits will give the same results?

Thank You!
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I ate mostly whole wheat rice, beans, chickpeas, lentils soup, some fruit...not much veggies

Are you sure you were on a RAW vegan diet? Sounds more like a vegan diet. Impressed if it was raw as all that sprouting must have taken a lot of effort. If it was raw then raw foodists claim that when you eat cooked and processed food it makes your face puffy. If it was just vegan then maybe just eating whole foods is enough to take away some of the puffiness of the face caused by all the meat, dairy and processed food etc.

Have you read any books on raw foodism? I can recommend "Eating for Beauty", by David Wolfe. In fact all of his books are helpful and inspiring. He is a passionate raw foodist. There are a lot of raw foodist cook books available but be careful with these as just because it is raw doesn't mean it is healthy. Also it is worth checking out some of the raw foodist youtube channels and most importantly reading some properly researched literature about raw foodism. The point is that you really do need to know what you are doing as you are cutting out food groups.

Most of all remember that your constitution is different from other peoples and so you need to tailor the raw food diet to suit your body. In general people have one of three predominant needs: Carbohydrate, Fat or Protein. If you are a carbohydrate type then the raw foodist lifestyle will suit you nicely as it is easy to get a lot of carbs. If you are fat predominant then you need to eat nuts, seeds and avocados regularly. Protein types have a harder time making up the protein but it is possible. Hemp seeds and spirulina will both be staples if you are this type as they are complete proteins and you need to eat complete proteins regularly if you are protein predominant.

Also just to mention it is far more aging and bad for you to swing between extremes of diet than it is to stay on a constant healthy-by-normal-standards-and-with-treats diet. When you become raw your body becomes much more sensitive to things so eating anything processed or unhealthy is worse than it is if you are not on a raw food diet and eating treats regularly.

Hope this helps Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Could be the chicken and cheese has a lot of fat and salt compared to the veggiesa.

And with the veggies and fruit maybe u were not getting enough protein and fat??

I have no idea as I do not know exactly what you eat.

I know a lot about food and nutrition-but not that much about "raw foods" other than that theycan not be heated past a certain temp= so to make bean soups,hummus you need to soak the beans until they are soft for a long time.

I do eat a lot of "raw" kinds of foods sometimes when I eat out as quite a lot of my family here likes those kinds of food.

anyway, good luck with the diet!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |