Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Korres "natural" products - anyone tried?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Am a bit of a QVC beauty addict and liked the sound of Korres "natural" skin care products. I've recently become interested in trying to use less chemicals on my skin, especially in light of Parabens possibly being associated with breast cancer and reading the posts about the amount of crap that goes into our skin care.

So I bought a kit from QVC, arrived yesterday and it's FULL of chemicals!! Was so annoyed that this company can advertise their items as "natural", that I wrote the following letter to them yesterday...

Hello

I'm in the UK and have just bought a kit of body items from QVC UK as I was under the impression from QVC and also your labelling that the products are "natural".

I have just read the list of ingredients and I'm amazed that you can call your products "natural" when they are full of alcohol, many, many different parabens, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, PEG compounds, Lanolin, Sodium Laureth, Stearate and many other chemicals. Those ingredients can block pores, cause dermatitis, eczema, acne and some are carcinogenic.

One of your products, the Vanilla Cinnamon shower gel even says on the side "Dermatologically tested, Silicone Free, Mineral Oil Free, Propylene Glycol Free" yet the Mint Tea Body Water has Propylene Glycol in it?!

How can you call the range natural?
-------------------------------------
I received a reply, which more less fobbed me off and said that their products passed the basic guidelines but it was signed "Korres Natural Products"? AAARRRGGHH!! How can they get away with doing this?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I was interested in trying out the Korres range and asked for some for Christmas. However, I didn't receive any as my brother got me some REN products instead.
Glad he didn't go for the Korres now!
I think the term 'natural products' is bandied about too much and doesn't necessarily mean what it should.
At least if you ordered from QVC you can send the stuff back. You'll lose your p&p though. Sad
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly, wish I'd known about Korres in the first place though. What do you think of REN? I absolutely love it, now that IS a range that is almost 100% natural.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I get annoyed when companies call themselves "natural" or "organic" and are filled with chemicals, too! You really have to read the ingredients carefully. I've found that if a company doesn't have a complete list of ingredients on their website, that they are probably not completely natural. Sad
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:54 am      Reply with quote
you could return it or flog it on ebay! You're right about the term natural - This stuff is also in Boots and I was tempted when I first saw it but like you say it's not as 'natural' as it implies but so does the Body Shop Confused

The only thing is I've got the guava body butter stuff - Smells lovely.

I think you're better sticking to REN and other similar ranges.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I also have the guava body butter as it smells delicious, it reminds me of being on holiday!
If you're not happy I guess the best thing to do is take advantage of the QVC money back guarantee.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |