Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Best hair conditioner :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm into volumizing conditioners now, so I alternate between Matrix, Pantene, & Redken conditioners. I think Matrix Amplify does the best job with volumizing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
The Matrix line is really nice! The Amplifying Root Lifter is excellent...applied to the roots before blowdrying really gives me great lift without making me look like I have 80's hair - I still have lots of movement!
Pudoodles Very Happy
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
Where is the best place on-line to buy Kerastase?

I believe Drugstore.com only has a small section of the line?

Kerastase is great; Drugstore has a decent selection to buy from. If you live in the NYC area, the Loreal store is in Midtown and if you dye your hair in their upstairs salon, it grants you access to the store in the lower level of the building. The prices are about 50% off retail prices. It's a great stock up day.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Coconut oil is good for a one off treatment - if you eat it it's suposed to help you lose weight!
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love kerastase for luxury conditioning! But While I'm poor I use herbal essences.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
The Kerastase Chroma Riche deep conditioning mask. Mmm so nice! I buy their products from the local Kerastase salon... its only 5 minutes from my house and I don't need to pay shipping!
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I do see that www.luxuryparlor.com has wicked good prices... but they don't ship to Canada Sad
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love giovanni 50/50 conditioner... It's all organic and natural Smile I don't like the shampoo tho.. it makes me dry for some reason
demi001
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I love the Shiseido Tsubaki hair conditioner and I really want to try some of the Kerastase conditioners, especially the one for frizzy, coarse hair.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 am      Reply with quote
sometimes i put essential oil on the wet hair after washing.

or olive squalene oil (couple drops)
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I use mostly Aveda and Phyto - I think I prefer Phyto, though. I also use Kerastase and Redken, but less often. Currently using shampoo and conditioner specific to Yuko-straightened hair, which I always do for the first couple of months after having the procedure, then I go back to Aveda or Phyto. Not happy that Aveda has been swallowed up by Estee Lauder, though.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a lot of conditioners. I have chemically processed, freakishly thick hair. The best one I've found for my hair type is that concoction whipped up by that site killerstrands. I think its mostly camellia oil, but it has a really weird consistancy. Second best, I'd have to agree the MOP products are pretty spectacular. Deva also has some good ones (Heaven in Hair I think is what its called).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I have stick straight,fine but thick heavily highlighted hair....conditioners are not my friends because my hair gets too soft and lays flat at the thought of a conditioner. I have found one that does amazing things....it makes my hair have more texture, body, shine, and manageability. It is used by Barbara Walters stylist. It is ER Fusion by White Sands. I have only found it on the internet. http://www.beauty-mart.com/c=kjCyj8R0HtHcDboZcnYwX2OT0/product/WSD_ER_FUSION/White-Sands-ER-Fusion-Emergency-Reconstructive-Treatment-3-oz.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have found one that does amazing things....it makes my hair have more texture, body, shine, and manageability. It is used by Barbara Walters stylist. It is ER Fusion by White Sands.

Hi Toby - I looked on the internet for a site that lists the ingredients of this product without success. Are you able to provide a summary of what is in this product?

Cheers
spauno

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Acidifiers is one of the best hair conditioner. It makes hair more acid and remove grease.
shandy9
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I've always wanted to try the one by Killer Strands.

My absolute favs are GoldWell Kerasilk (the UltraRich formula), Kerastase Oleo Relax, Brazilian BlowOut Keratin Masque and my newest discovery, Hollywood Secrets Conditioner, which I purchased from my stylist.

I am not crazy about Pureology Conditioners but their SuperSmooth Hair Serum is incredible.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is Paul Mitchell Supercharged Moisturizer. You can use it either as a deep conditioning treatment or a daily conditioner. It's a bit pricier than older PM products, I believe, but worth it. (Still way cheaper than Keratase and such.)

I love it because it detangles very well, makes my hair feel smooth, but doesn't weigh it down at all. It doesn't have a greasy feel but it is very moisturizing.
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Recently I found a great conditioner. I don't know if anyone heard about it...its called ALTER EGO Conditioning Treatment with Garlic. I know, I know with garlic?? Confused your hair must smell of some spiced up dish after you apply it but trust me it doesn't. It does have garlicky smell but not so pronounced and after you wash it off..it just leaves you with any other conditioner smell.

I use it once a week. What I do is, after shampooing I massage it all into my hair and let it sit for 25-30 mins. After I wash and blow dry my hair..my hair feels so soft and shiny!!

They also have it with vitamin A..its called ALTER EGO Italy Conditioning Treatment with Garlic plus Vitamin A.
Margaritis
5% products discount

Sat May 07, 2011 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
After reading a positive review I bought the following conditioner:

PHILIP B LOVIN LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER

It's a nice product that you don't have to rinse of your hair, it has a nice smell and helps styling your hair.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I like Catwalk Fast Fixx,you spray it on after washing and leave it.If you need more lift they also make Root Boost which is good.I have colored hair with some highlights and the fast fixx leaves a nice shine to the hair.
butterflymom

Sat May 07, 2011 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I feel like I have tried every deep conditioner on the market, including coconut oil. However, I still can not but on rare occasions get the bounce, movement and slip that I know is possible for my hair with the right product. I have tried sulfate frees, as well as ACV rinses. I just can't seem to get my hair to be "silky" except for the few days after I color.
Please let me know if anyone has any wisdom for me. I believe it is a matter of science and perfect alchemy. Point me in a new direction! TIA
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
butterflymom wrote:
Hi, I feel like I have tried every deep conditioner on the market, including coconut oil. However, I still can not but on rare occasions get the bounce, movement and slip that I know is possible for my hair with the right product. I have tried sulfate frees, as well as ACV rinses. I just can't seem to get my hair to be "silky" except for the few days after I color.
Please let me know if anyone has any wisdom for me. I believe it is a matter of science and perfect alchemy. Point me in a new direction! TIA

I don't know if it will be frowned upon, but my beautician has told me more than once to use mayo for deep conditioning treatment.....My hair became brittle and I did the mayo and it works wonders....Of course she could have sold me any of the high priced items in the salon, but she was honest about the mayo treatment......If you haven't tried that, I highly recommend it.....When you apply it, put a plastic bag or wrap over it and it conditions a lot better Smile Definitely worth a shot Smile)

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
wateredgarden

Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you mentoramy. I'm going to give it a try!
Petunia
5% products discount

Sat May 14, 2011 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am obsessed with using a combo of American Cream (Lush) and All Soft Heavy Cream (Redkin). I swear that combining these two conditioners has an amazing effect on my hair--it hasn't been this silky since I was a teenager. I keep running my hands through it. Plus it smells fantastic! Directions: First apply American Cream--run through damp hair. Then apply a little bit of Heavy Cream over the American Cream. Clip your hair up for a a minute or so and then rinse.
Decadent.
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I have long hair, half way down my back, neither oily nor dry, neither fine nor coarse. I have some split ends, but otherwise my hair is in good shape. I find that when I use Ojon, it makes my hair really fluffy and light feeling. When I use Silk Elements Megasilk (available at Sally Beauty Supply) it makes my hair lie really flat and feel super smooth and moisturized. No matter which conditioner I use, I always spray in some Hask Henna + Placenta when I get out of the shower. If you have colored your hair, you may want to try Aveda's Color Conserve. I've used it even though my hair is not colored, and I think it's a good conditioner. If your hair is damaged, you may want to try a protein treatment such as Nexxus Emergencee or Joico K-pac, I use this once a week. If you are looking to smooth down some frizzies, I like to use a little Tigi Bed Head after Party after I have dried my hair. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for. Thanks for sharing...

Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |