Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best hair conditioner :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing; WF never called about the Aubrey Organics. I am going to look for Desert Essence online, and I have Kerastase Oleo Relax Shampoo, the Satin de Bain Conditoner, and the Oleo Relax Serum, and it is just OK on my hair, and NOT worth all the money I spent on it.

I am familiar with the product from Sallee's too. I will keep you posted. The weather is also simply AWFUL, too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:09 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Skyla wrote:
oasisjc wrote:
Skyla wrote:
Please let me know if the Aubrey Organic Honey Suckle shampoo would work on long, fine, but frizzy, dry ( not damaged)and curly hair.

Well my hair is frizzy and dry and it works very well for those issues. I can't say anything about the others because my hair does not have those properties

I signed up on the Aubrey Organic site; 20% off purchase, and they now have a matrix that tells you what to use for our type of hair---you might be surprised. Let me know.

Oh that's great! Glad to know I'm using the right one Smile

I also purchase mine from well.ca. I usually get 25% off .. let me know if you want to order from that site and I'll get you a coupon.

And have you tried putting carrier oils in your hair? It really helps to make mine extra smooth and shiny. It hydrates my scalp too

Oasis; such as jojoba, sweet almond oil, etc??? Still no Aubrey Organics.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Skyla wrote:
Please let me know if the Aubrey Organic Honey Suckle shampoo would work on long, fine, but frizzy, dry ( not damaged)and curly hair.

Hi Skyla,
I have very curly hair - this weather can be horrible for it. I layer a lot of products on my hair. I'll still get some frizz, but nothing like I used to. I have a few favourite conditioners. Sevi Pumpkin Seed Conditioner is my all time favourite:
https://www.ecosevi.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_10&products_id=3&zenid=17be731da6e22a0438969e8c7b465024
You can order it on line from the U.S. The drawback is that it can take a long time to receive it.
The other conditioners that I really like and are easier to get (you don't wait as long) are from Curl Junkie: http://www.curljunkie.com. There really aren't any Curl Junkie conditioners that I don't like. She has several. You can also buy Curl Junkie at aveyou.com. In Canada you can purchase it at honeyfig.com; however, with our dollar being as strong as it is, it is cheaper to order from the U.S.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
I use mostly Aveda and Phyto - I think I prefer Phyto, though. I also use Kerastase and Redken, but less often. Currently using shampoo and conditioner specific to Yuko-straightened hair, which I always do for the first couple of months after having the procedure, then I go back to Aveda or Phyto. Not happy that Aveda has been swallowed up by Estee Lauder, though.

Aveda used to be really cheap before and sold in regular salons too.
The beauty supply shop I go to had to stop carrying the line when it became exclusive to Aveda salons and shops Sad
then the prices just about tripled...this was before they had tons of skincare and makeup and just had haircare then.
People who still work at that store are still like "too bad there is no more cheap Aveda..."

I am trying to find a good conditioner. I have pretty dry curly hair.
Just finished using Curls brand conditoner- it was nice, has no silicone and smells like chocolate and vanilla/cocoa butter kind of.

Just bought Kerastasse Olea curl masque for a crazy cheap price.
Has anyone tried that specific item?
I won't have it for a few more weeks (sent it to someone's house and they won't be there to get it for me...)

if anyone is interested it is still discounted at Skincarerx, I actually paid $7.50 for it and they did not cancel my order!!!

http://apothica.com/Kerastase-By-Kerastase-Nutritive-Oleo-curl-Intense-Masque-For-Thick-Curly-Hair-16.9-Oz.html
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Skyla wrote:

Hi Skyla,
I have very curly hair - this weather can be horrible for it. I layer a lot of products on my hair. I'll still get some frizz, but nothing like I used to. I have a few favourite conditioners. Sevi Pumpkin Seed Conditioner is my all time favourite:
https://www.ecosevi.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_10&products_id=3&zenid=17be731da6e22a0438969e8c7b465024
You can order it on line from the U.S. The drawback is that it can take a long time to receive it.
The other conditioners that I really like and are easier to get (you don't wait as long) are from Curl Junkie: http://www.curljunkie.com. There really aren't any Curl Junkie conditioners that I don't like. She has several. You can also buy Curl Junkie at aveyou.com. In Canada you can purchase it at honeyfig.com; however, with our dollar being as strong as it is, it is cheaper to order from the U.S.

I want to thank everyone in this thread for being for awesome and so helpful. Thank you for these wonderful suggestions. I used the link to check out the Sevi Pumpkin seed conditioner, and it looks wonderful, the price is affordable, but it also has essential oils, which to me means fragrance. I can handle a little fragrance, but I get migraines if it's heavy or doesn't dissipate. That has been the reason I don't use Pureology products. I haven't checked out Curljunkie, yet, but I will. Thank you so much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
karenlee wrote:
I use mostly Aveda and Phyto - I think I prefer Phyto, though. I also use Kerastase and Redken, but less often. Currently using shampoo and conditioner specific to Yuko-straightened hair, which I always do for the first couple of months after having the procedure, then I go back to Aveda or Phyto. Not happy that Aveda has been swallowed up by Estee Lauder, though.

Aveda used to be really cheap before and sold in regular salons too.
The beauty supply shop I go to had to stop carrying the line when it became exclusive to Aveda salons and shops Sad
then the prices just about tripled...this was before they had tons of skincare and makeup and just had haircare then.
People who still work at that store are still like "too bad there is no more cheap Aveda..."

I am trying to find a good conditioner. I have pretty dry curly hair.
Just finished using Curls brand conditoner- it was nice, has no silicone and smells like chocolate and vanilla/cocoa butter kind of.

Just bought Kerastasse Olea curl masque for a crazy cheap price.
Has anyone tried that specific item?
I won't have it for a few more weeks (sent it to someone's house and they won't be there to get it for me...)

if anyone is interested it is still discounted at Skincarerx, I actually paid $7.50 for it and they did not cancel my order!!!

http://apothica.com/Kerastase-By-Kerastase-Nutritive-Oleo-curl-Intense-Masque-For-Thick-Curly-Hair-16.9-Oz.html

Ottawa, thank you so much; what do you or Karenlee use in Phyto? I once used Aveda---ONCE--and it was the BEST conditioner I had ever used, but I had a banging headache from it. Like Karenlee, I have used everything by Redken; All Soft, etc...the one product I adored has not been made in years ( part of the All Soft Line). Now, that is an amazing price for the Kerastase! The masque runs close to forty+ dollars around here. I did check it out. I used to have my hair chemically straightened every three months, in the late nineties, and it ruined my hair and lightened it by two shades. I have never tried the YOKO procedure, but wanted to when It first hit the salons; in those days, it cost 1.000.00. My hair is now grown out from the original chemical straighteners. I have found layering many products or mixing them together has helped. This weather has been AWFUL ( hot and humid). I nearly went to buy the Aubrey Organics or the Desert Essence, but I didn't. Now I have more options to research. Thanks everyone.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
LiQWD Hydrating Conditioner is the best conditioner I've ever used. It's great for dry, damaged hair. It leaves my hair so incredibly soft. It is amazing. http://liqwd.com

My hair is protein sensitive and it doesn't look like there's any protein in the ingredients list (as far as I can tell), so I think that's one factor in why it works so well for me.

Creo Super Antioxidant Hair Conditioner with CREOPLEX/Nano-Protec Hair Conditioner and Creo Therapeutic Hair Masque with CREOPLEX are also very, very good. Their shampoo is moisturizing as well. http://creocare.com

I used Rahua Finishing Treatment as a leave-in conditioner for the first time today and I also give it high marks so far!

While my hair is the softest it has ever been, and it doesn't feel dry, it still looks a bit dry. I tried Creo's shine spray--it's silicone-free--and while it does impart a bit of shine, it doesn't last all day, for me, and it also leaves my hair feeling a little "mushy." I'm still experimenting with it and will try it on wet hair next. The search is still on for a product that can give my hair some sheen.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use Pureology's conditioner and treatments which are absolutely wonderful, they really help to keep hair soft and shiny. I justify the money spent from saving with Avon shampoos, which are basically the same as any other shampoo on the market, cleans the hair etc. To me conditioners are more important than shampoos because not only do they give back what the shampoo has taken out but also work to make the hair healthier.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Keratase doesn't work for my hair which is damaged by blow drying. I prefer Pantene's 3 minute miracle. An intensive pre-wash treatment you use once a week or more often as needed.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I like Numis

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
how about shampoo?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I love coconut oil and Aussie Deeeep. I leave the coconut on overnight and use the Aussie after I shampoo.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
@ Skyla ... I thought of 2 other companies that have really good conditioners and you can order them as unscented. Marie Dean can be very strongly fragranced; I order any of my products unscented when I order from there.

Jessicurl is really good. I love the Weekly Deep Treatment. I also use it as a leave-in. You can get it unscented.

http://www.jessicurl.com/Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-pr-567.html

http://www.mariedeanonline.com/

Unfortunately, Curl Junkie is fragranced. You may not be able to use that line. It may be worth your while to email Sevi about the possibility of ordering your products unscented. I believe they make the conditioner on site, so maybe they could do a batch of unscented. You could email them and ask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 am      Reply with quote
my husband also like to put coconut oil on his hair, he said his hair become more. But I can't put because my hair is very oily.

gretchen wrote:
I love coconut oil and Aussie Deeeep. I leave the coconut on overnight and use the Aussie after I shampoo.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I love the Aveda Damage Remedy range - I use the Conditioner, Treatment and Daily Repair alternating depending on what my hair is doing. I have bleached blonde hair that needs TLC and this stuff does the job. Wink

I occasionally purchase the Kerastase Ciment Repair stuff and Joice K-Pak protein treatments to put some strength back into my hair.
laifuwangcai
5% products discount

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love Schwarzkopf products,I've been using them for years!!
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I used the range by Apivita brand.
Was introduced to it by this lady in a chemist. She was raving about it, and so i bought both the shampoo and conditioner, and never turned back. Been using it for years. Even my mother (whom i bought some for Christmas) says it made a difference to hair - especially since she perms and colors her so much.

I used to color my hair a lot and my hair was dry, and I was bored of trying out brands that didnt work for me, until i tried Apivita.
It's got a lovely blend of flowers/oil smell.

Even their hair masks are great. I normally leave them in a shower cap while i'm in the shower, or for an extra 10-20 mins, then wash them off...and then add a little hair serum after.
LushLox

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Wow I am such a product junky. I have used, but if not heard of more or less every conditioner mentioned! Embarassed

As someone who chemically processes their hair I ensure that I get a good dose of both protein (to strengthen) and moisture ( to nourish and hydrate)

Some of my very favourite products

Moisture
L'Occitane Repairing Shine Mask
Kerastase Masquintene/Nutri Thermique
Kerastase Aqua Oleum
Keracare Intensive Restorative Mask
Goldwell Ultra Rich Treatment
Paul Mitchell Super Charged

Protein
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
Aveda Damage Remedy
Frederic Fekkai Rx Treatment
Kerastase vita ciment (vials)

Leave Ins
Pureology
L'occitane Repairing Soothing Gloss
Kerastase Sublimateur Jour
Kerastase Nectar Thermique

My hair doesn't seem to get used to any of these because I rotate products. I don't ever use the regular intense conditioners, as I personally don't see much point in them, I just always use a DC.
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use conditioner all the time particularly in summer as it will make my hair sticky.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Trader Joe's Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner for a long time, and I'm a huge fan. The ingredients are super healthy and beneficial for hair. I try out other brands every once in awhile, and have always found Trader Joe's Nourish to be better.

When I feel the need for a deep condition, I coat my hair with coconut, jojoba, emu, or avocado oil and wrap it in an old t-shirt for an hour or more. Sometimes I apply heat with a blow dryer. Then just shampoo and condition as usual.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I hate Pureology. i bought it because someone recommended it and ended up throwing away.
I use Hairtrition and Argon Oil Masque, found that it helps with damaged overbleached hair
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
The best treatment I have ever used, was the LaMaur NRG treatment, I used it to repair and maintain my hair, after perms/colours/bleach basically anything. Sadly, LaMaur was taken over by Zotos, who ran the brand down to nothing. The good news is that John Curzon who was behind the technical formulations of Lamaur products, has created a new range called Merlin!

The NRG product is now replicated in this product:

http://www.merlinprofessional.co.uk/products.php?pid=39

You can buy the products on Amazon too.

The product range is in the same league as Redkin!

I have been a hairdresser for 35 years, so know my onions, when it comes to products.

PQ

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Is not greasy?
I try it on my hair but I feel greasy.
I only use it on my face and body.

gretchen wrote:
liuliameng
5% products discount

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love rene furterer.It save my poor thin hair.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Best ever are Terax and Davines.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |