Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Motivation to exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
theresamary

its gets better...its 10years younger in 10 HOURS!!! Very Happy

I've been looking in to Callanetics lately, I vaguely remember it from the 80s. I think Tracey Anderson's workout is based loosely on it, and also Pilates.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I believe that Callanetics is based in part on the Lotte Berk Method - the same small pulses instead of full movement of the muscles. Looking at their site, the workout looks a LOT harder than Callanetics.

I've been so lazy for 2 weeks - I have done absolutely NOTHING for my body. Not even a stretch. I am going to have to get motivated because before I know it summer will be here. Time to go look at my butt again! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:50 am      Reply with quote
This article says strenuous exercise (8-10 hours per week) + polyunsaturated fats ("heart healthy" omega 3 & 6) is linked to early menopause:
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/exercise-healthy-eating-linked-to-early-menopause-2582605.html
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I second Zumba.

My cousin did it, and she lost a significant amount of weight while having fun.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this is funny or just sad, but I got a little motivation and are a couple weeks into hot yoga and am starting a reformer class on Sunday.. I got really sick, from a crummy cold (world's worst immune system). I pretty much stopped eating for a week and a half, and when I could get out of bed again, I actually looked pretty good!
Unintentional fasting, except instead of healthy foods, the only thing I could get down was black tea with honey and choke down a multivitamin to fill in the gaps. My newly trim tummy was enough motivation to get my butt moving in the hopes I can get to where I would like to be.

Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm a fitness instructor and if there is one way to see results FAST - it's muscle confusion. In other words - do a new exercise that you're not used to. If you like to workout at home, I love the Insanity workout series. If you like the gym - I love Barry's bootcamp, soul cycle or cross fit. Just get out there and do something new. If you prefer just the treadmill, mix it up and do intervals of sprints, running, and walking (instead of just staying at one constant pace).
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with those who suggest a new sport/dance - look on the fitness almost as a side issue - the motivation is that you love doing it and the fitness will follow. It can be very difficult to motivate yourself at home and you probably won't push yourself as much as you should to get the benefit Very Happy.
Smithjo

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
When it comes to exercise, there are many benefits associated with it. People who are suffering from health related problems and those who are not can all benefit from fitness training.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |