Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Algenist Overnight Restorative Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:12 am      Reply with quote
My new fave ultra-rich night cream! Although I do like the price of the First Aid Repair
and Cereve, I am looking for something a little richer. I had a two week sample from Sephora and I was hooked! It is lux like LaMer but this actually works w/o the hassle of warming it up. I wake up in the morning and my skin is fresher and plumper and it feels so soft!

What it is:
A rich, moisturizing cream that renews and repairs the skin overnight.

What it is formulated to do:
The regenerative power of alguronic acid promotes cell renewal to improve skin structure during the night. Peptides nourish the skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Firmness and elasticity are restored. Skin is left renewed, smoother and more radiant in the morning.

What else you need to know:
While pursuing renewable energy solutions, a biotechnology laboratory in San Francisco unexpectedly discovered the powerful regenerative properties of alguronic acid. Exclusive to Algenist, this remarkable ingredient is now available in skincare products.

I order a full size and then a travel size of their firming eye gel to try so I will post back on that one as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Well I went back and got a sample of the Eye cream while waiting on my eye gel to arrive. Very hydrating as well.
I am loving this brand in general, its like the new holy grail! The alguronic acid aspect is amazing. I can tell the difference in my skin immediately after use and my skin feels amazing when I wake up.
The reviews have been very promising overall from what I have read.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Annie,
Thanks for the review. How do you think this would work for skin that tends to be on the oily side? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I tend to have both. Oily in the forehead and chin, nose and dry on the cheeks so it works well for me. This stuff is amazing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients for those that are interested:

Ingredients
-Alguronic Acid: increases cell regeneration and elastin synthesis.
-Vitamins C and E: increase collagen production and boost radiance to renew the skin.
-Peptides: Build collagen to strengthen skin structure.
-Crithmum Maritimum Extract: stimulates cell renewal to increase skin density.

Water/Eau (Aqua), Isopropyl Isostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Pentylene Glycol, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrullus Vulgaris Fruit Extract (Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract), Lens Esculenta Fruit Extract (Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract), Oleanolic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract), Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Silybum Marianum Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium PCA, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Lactate, Ethylhexylglycerin.

I'm going to see if I can snag a sample next time I'm near Sephora.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I was interested in the properties of the alguronic acid and if it was similar to glycolic or lactic. I want something I can use while doing my 8 week Reaura treatment and they recommend not using acids (although hyaluronic is ok as is ascorbic).

Here's the wikipedia definition:
Alguronic acid is the tradename created for a undetermined mix of polysaccharides produced by microalgae clogging filters in algae cultures. The tradename has been coined by Solazyme. The indeterminate mix of chemicals is claimed to function to protect the microalgae, and has been processed and formulated in a range of products.[1][2] In 2011, the acid was introduced to the market as an active ingredient in a commercial product called Algenist anti-aging skincare formulas.[3]

Alguronic acid is not a technical name referring to a single polysaccharide, but a mix of algae extracts claimed to have anti-aging benefits for the skin.

I also found this from the manufacturer:
http://www.algenist.com/alguronic-acid/alguronic-acid-and-hyaluronic-acid-comparison

And I found this prior thread about Algenist products:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=41896

Sounds like a possible alternative to retin A for now.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Annie and ShastaGirl. I'm bidding on ebay and hope to snatch it up a little less expensively.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Great link to the thread! I missed that one but it seems pretty right on. I will agree with the posters on most of it. I really did notice a difference and that is amazing since I have tried so many things, haha.
Normally for me to rave it has to A) work or B) be a good buy for the money and be versatile. This is definately more on the splurge side like my DDF eye cream as a full size. But as an alternative, the travel sample size is huge and you can buy it off of Amazon as well and is a better deal. Algenist also sells the travel sizes on their website.
Sephora was really generous with their sample and a little goes a long way. I always feel inclined to buy from them first to reward their generosity. I have been able to try so many products because of it and so many have been a miss that they have saved me a lot of money!
She did say for sensitive skin to start out slow so I am alternating it with my Perricone's Deep Moisture Therapy.
Although I like the price of Cerave and the First Aid Repair balm, for the face it just hasn't been enough. Still good products, just not my Wow!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |