Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What to put on cystic pimple after it gets popped and bleedi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dozer1

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I would have these very nasty cysts that would show up on my face. Whenever i have a pimple, i just put some salyclic acid cream and after a few days it would get smaller.

Cystic pimples on the other hand... never go away by putting salyclic acid. Is this true for everyone else? The only way for my cystic pimple to go away is to actually pop it. However i dont pop it intentionally. I would cleanse my face with a cleanser and eventually after washing my face a few days with a cleanser... the cyst would break and thus bleed and you see a huge red mark and the area is very red.

What should you put on it? Is neosporin good? People say put neosporin because it would heal the wound but that means that the red mark would still be there right? I read some post how someone popped a pimple and then put neosporin and then a bandage on it and they didn't get any red mark/scabbing. Is this true or false b/c that doesn't really make any sense. Because if a pimple is popped and its bleeding you see a mark there. Well for my situation, its never a pimple that bleeds... its a cystic pimple that bleeds when i cleanse my face.

I posted it on this section b/c i know this type of pimple im talking about is cystic pimple. What should i put on it immediately? Or should i not put anything? Also has anyone heard about this product called acne NEXCARE where you put it on a popped pimple and stick it to the face after pimple is popped? Does anyone knows if this works for a cystic pimple that gets popped? Again i do not intentionally pop these cystic pimple but the only way to get rid of them is to pop it and i do it unintentionally when i cleanse my face and the cystic pimple eventually bleeds a lot.

Anyone care to share what is the best option and what product to use? I actually heard ppl say vaseline is good idea? Im very curious about the neosporin and bandage but isn't using a bandage not a good idea? I mean it does sound good but is it?

Before someone says don't pop pimples... i don't. However if i don't... these cystic pimples don't go away.
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I have tried several things for my skin in the past and the all work a little but not a miracle.
- Put neosporin on it and then cover it. I have a role of a micropore paper tape that I would cover them with, so I don't waste bandages.
Carefully dab alcohol just on the cyst. I would use a Q Tip and keep dabbing the alcohol for about a minute or so. Then apply castor seed oil, cover it with tape.
- Carefully dab it with tea tree oil, then apply castor seed or sesame seed oil and cover with the tape.
All of these that I have tried work to a certain degree in making sure the cyst doesn't get infected again and make things worse. There's still a red mark there and it is there for quite a few weeks afterwards, but with good skin care (gentle washing, exfoliation, antioxidants, sunscreen) the red marks eventually go away.
I would keep applying these things to the popped cysts for several nights in a row until there was no scab anymore. From what a dermatologist told me once and my personal experience, whenever your skin is wounded, it is better to keep it covered with a bandaid or tape and and also have neosporin or some kind of oil. Keeping the wound moist and covered helps it heal faster and better.

BTW - after years of dealing with acne and cysts - when somebody says, oh just apply this and this and the cysts will be gone overnight without any marks - I don't believe that anymore. I have tried eveything under sun and most things don't work, some things make it worse, some things are slightly helpfull and work with your own body's defenses to heal the wound/cyst/scar/red mark or whatever you want to call it.

I have not heard of the nexcare acne patches. I was trying to find an ingredients list for them and all I found was that it was some kind of a hydrocolloid patch that absorbs your body's secretions (sweat, oil) and it looks like some white gunk. I have used bandages similar to this on cuts and skin scrapes with very good results.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I would use a Betadine topical solution (iodine) onto the areas without covering it to heal (if you happen to pop the cystic pimple). This iodine solution is used by doctors prior to surgery. I find when I apply this solution after I injured myself (for whatever reason) that it heals much faster because of its "healing" and germicidal properties... I always keep this inside my medicine cabinet no matter what... For me, it works every time...
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add... Make sure to re-apply again the Betadine topical solution to those areas, a few times a day... Use cotton buds to apply Betadine... Hope this helps....
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I always use alcohol after i extract anything from under my skin. This disinfects the area and helps it to dry and heal faster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use tea tree oil. It works for me OK.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |