Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Red Marks from Cystic Acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dozer1

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have a lot of red marks on my face. I know many of you have red marks due to acne. I'm curious but are the majority of your red marks from pimples or from cysts?

I don't mind red marks from pimples though because usually its not too bad... but the red marks left from those nasty cysts that gets popped and bleeds... they make my face look very bad. They are pretty close to dime size those red marks and i have quite a few of them on my face.

Does anyone find the red marks to be harder to clear from cysts as oppose to pimples that lead the red marks? Someone said you shouldn't even call cysts pimples because they are worst than that as i see its listed as severe acne than mild/moderate acne.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently trying to fade a red mark left from a pimple.

I find it best to use AHA. Always use sunscreen during the day as UVA can cause marks to be darker.

I think vitamin c helps also. I like to apply antioxtinates before sunscreen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
For me the marks left by cysts took a lot longer to go away (months). The marks left by pimples healed a lot faster.
The cystic acne lesions rupture beneath the skin surface and cause a lot of damage and inflammation to the oil gland. They take forever to heal and can even lead to scarring because of amount of damage done to the skin and the oil gland. Serious and scary stuff...

I have not had any acne breakouts or any cysts in about two months now. My current routine is working wonders for my skin and the red marks are almost not visible any more. It's a lot of work though.
rosamb10
5% products discount

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Like I said in the previous post, I recommend you fill in your routine the tea tree oil 100% natural. I use it as follows: in an cotton where I place my facial tonic add three drops of oil and I apply it on my face. I got it for me leave me not acne. Taking pills green tea also helps cleanse the body from within. As products on the market I recommend this two lines: Naruko tea tree and Eminence Organics Probiotic. This does not take away the red marks, you can clear acne spots I recommend for PCA Skin Pigment Gel ® (Hydroquinone (2%), Lactic Acid, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Glutathione and Silybin) this product is quite strong the Hydroquinone, use it always with sunscreen of 50 SPS. As most natural and less effective, but to see results you must use it for quite a while OLE HENRIKSEN the "enlighten me kit" along with oil vitamin C.
The "enlighten me kit" consists of:

Reveal brighter, more even skin tone as each product In This routine works together to treat the appearance of dark spots and discoloration for a noticeably radiant, more uniform complexion!

0.5 fl oz / 15 ml | enlighten me - Skin Tone Perfecting Serum powered by THC, mulberry and lactic acid to brighten, reduce the appearance of dark spots and even skin tone.
1 fl oz / 30 mL | sheer transformation - Multi-tasking moisturizer treatment with vitamin C, licorice extract to hydrate and pea while visibly Improving the appearance of uneven skin tone, texture and wrinkles.
0.10 oz / 3 g | micro mini peel-Powerful 3-step spa grade microdermabrasion treatment and emulates Both to peel to reveal healthy, polished, more youthful skin.

I'm doing all this and really as I'm working.
adamevans22

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think prevention should be prioritized as well as cure. I break out with cytic and even nodular acne around once a year and get left with red marks (its not good because im very pale so they stand out alot).

Anyway i noticed firstly that moisturizing was a no go for me, because this blocks my pores and causes cystic outbreaks. Another thing i noticed was that even if i used non comedogenic moisturizers or other creams, it was the motion of rubbing them on repeatedly that caused irritation that lead to outbreaks. So firstly look at your routine and think "what was similar from this outbreak to last" and find a common denonminator. My skin gets greasy around the nose so i HAVE to exfoliate everyday as part of my skincare regime.

Secondly in terms of curing the bumpy cysts, benzoyl peroxide seems to reduce the inflammation rather quickly but in terms of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, i seem to always suffer with this regardless. You could try peels (mandelic azleic peel from platinum skincare is a very good peel for hyperpigmentation and don't appear to have much risk...ive used them without problems. Use it once a week and improvement can be seen in 6 weeks) ....If your hyperpigmentation lies deeper you can try deeper peels (TCA is deeper, but ive never tried this nor do i wish to) or using a dermaroller to create channels to the dermis, and then apply brightening creams (im currently looking into this myself since my hyperpigmentation is sooo persistant)

Note- i would avoid brightening creams containing hydroquinone...they are just too risky so dont use them (Read up on this). Kojic acid creams appear the safer route than hydroquinone. And also...make sure you do your own research into what you consider before choosing. Don't read what somebody on here has said (including myself) and think "well if it worked for him then it will for me"...everybody has different skin.

I really hope you find the right solution. Ive tried alot of things in the past regarding skincare so any questions feel free to ask and i'll give my honest opinion.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |