Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Acne Scarring & Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aquilah

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I'm new to the boards, and would love some help. I tried doing a search, but there's such an extensive amount of information going back so far, I'm overwhelmed!

I've been battling hormonal acne for a few years, and have finally gotten the acne under control using spironalactone. However, I still have a lot of scarring.

In the past I did use Retin-A for about a year, along with using glycolic acid moisturizers/serums. Needless to say, it didn't help a lot. I've used microdermabrasion kits by Mary Kay and Garnier, but never tried a peel.

I'm bi-racial with naturally tan skin, so I'm not sure how well bleaches and/or whiteners would work for me. I do regularly use sunscreen (normally SPF30), but I'm rarely in the sun aside from driving to/from places.

I recently took the plunge and a bought things to make my own vitamin C serum as I've heard it can help. I'm still on the hunt locally for rosehip seed oil as I've heard that can also help scarring.

Any help would be truly appreciated! I'd love to finally be makeup free, or at least wear just a tinted moisturizer (or powder) without my scars being noticeable.
rosamb10
5% products discount

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:08 am      Reply with quote
You want something good for your skin that I've had the same problem as you I recommend this:
NaturDerm Epidermx II is a microdermabrasion helps both the problem of acne and especially to fight stains.
Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders Mini:
  - Invigorating Night Gel (7 g / 0.25oz)
- Sheer Transformation (7g / 0.25oz)
- Truth Serum-Collagen Booster (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
This set for puebes it is also very effective against the price point, are expensive products.
Probiotics Eminence Organics line naturares these products are very good also contain tea tree and work well for acne. They are expensive but effective.

All these products you can recommend just buying store essential day spa or other sites if they are right for you.

Finally, I would recommend the brand products especially Naruko tea tree line, are natural products, not too expensive and work very well for acne. you can find them at:www.naruko.us/Series/5.aspx

If you do not want to spend much money and want to see a change in your skin I recommend: NaturDerm Epidermx II and Naruko tea tree line.

Take the decision you make, I hope you tell me that it going. regards
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Have you considered IPL treatments at a cosmetic dermatology office?
I think this would be your best bet instead of wasting a lot of money on products that may or may not work

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Try a series of yoghurt and honey face masks mixed with turmeric. Your face will be yellowish afterward, so do them before bed! If you have patience this will fade your marks, and keep your skin hydrated and soft. Aspirin mask is also very good for this. Actually you can just add soluble aspirin to the turmeric mask.

Good luck with this. It will work, you just need patience.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Is this actual scarring or red post-inflamatory pigmentation? I see people confusing the two.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |