Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Obagi Nuderm Diary - brown skinned gal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
IWantFlawlessSkin
5% products discount

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hey All, I ordered Obagi Nuderm! Well, it came in the mail last week and I decided to start a detailed thread so if there are any of you out there going through the process, planning to go through the process or just want more info, you can check it out. I will try to keep this as detailed as possible but please ask any questions, I am glad to be of help and I will try to post my progress weekly or more if necessary. I am using Obagi on my own after researching many long hours, I read everything on here about Obagi!

Ok, so here goes....

SKIN ISSUES:
My biggest issue is hyperpigmentation. I have so many left over acne spots. They never go brown, they just stay red, but they NEVER go away. Also, my skin has become very blotchy and more and more uneven. My face has always been a little lighter than my body. I wear NC45 in MAC studio fix powder. My forehead is darker than the rest of my face and I have some darkness around my mouth. Oh, I also have really dark under eye circles. All I am aiming for at the moment is even skin where I can go without wearing makeup, I hate having to wear makeup everyday. PS, I am Indian by the way, just to give you a better guage of what type of skin I have.

PRODUCTS:
I ordered the entire Obagi Nuderm Starter Kit for normal to dry skin. Even though I have an oily t-zone, I went with this set because I suspected that I would be pretty dry from using the Obagi products. I will be using nothing but the Obagi line on my face and neck for the next 18 weeks; I may go to 24 weeks, dependent on the results and if I can handle it. Also, I use Retin A .1 from ADC. I use the products one after the next. I don't usually use the Obagi moisturizer unless I really need it, and then I just spot treat with it. When I put the Exfoderm on, it stings a little around my eye area. Surprisingly, I really, really love the Obagi sunscreen. It is a mixture of zno and a chemical. I have tried to use strictly physical sunblocks but haven't had much luck. I like how I see the whiteness when I put it on my skin so I know I covered everywhere and then it just sinks in and dries perfectly clear. Love it and I will make this a definite staple for my face/neck sunscreen. It is SPF 50. It also stings a little bit when I put it on but I guess that will fade in time once my skin gets more acclimated to the products.

COMMENTS:

Beware, this line is not for the faint of heart!

WEEK 1 - Start Date Tuesday, February 12th.

I am almost done with my first week. I have been following the directions exactly. I could have sworn that after the second day my skin was already showing improvement (this could be all in my head, of course I want to see immediate results after this investment)! Nothing really ever makes my skin peel, I have had faint micro peeling around my mouth once in a while with Retin A. But nothing like this Obagi! Yesterday (it was very sunny) I pulled the curtain back from the window and I could not believe what my skin looked like! I was shedding like a snake! All around my mouth, my chin, my jaw line, my eyes, my nose and.... even a little on my forehead, which has NEVER peeled ever! I do not feel too much discomfort. My skin feels very tight and dry, and I am starting to look slightly shiny around my nose area and some spots on my forehead. My cheeks have not peeled but I really hope they do as this is where most of my dark spots are. Usually I don't think my skin looks that bad but then I get to work and for some reason it looks really terrible in my office bathroom mirror. But this morning, when I looked, the normal blotchiness and redness on my cheeks was 75% reduced! I couldn't believe it! I am hooked!

Now, my neck is a whole other story. From reading the EDS forum, it seems like what is happening to my neck is what usually happens to other people's faces. Let me tell you, if my face felt like my neck does, I really do not know if I would be able to persevere through this regime. It is soooo itcy, and dry and it hurts! But, if I rub my hand over my neck, I can see all the dead skin on my fingers! Something bit me a over a week ago, I think a spider, and I didn't discriminate, I used the Obagi on that too and it got really dark and started peeling, now it is just red. I hope it doesn't leave too much of a mark, in reality the bite would have left me with a mark anyway so I am not overly stressed about that. I always had a really dry rough patch of skin on the back of my neck and it seems to have flared up even more but it is also peeling nicely. I have had to moisturize my neck for the past two nights even if this slows down the process or I wont stop itching. I moisturize with Cetaphil and then I also rub shea butter all over it because I know it will just make it worse if I scratch in my sleep all night long.

PS, I tried posting pics but I am not allowed to since I am a new member, maybe once I have more posts I will try to post them again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have an update? Is it still working out for you?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |