Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Emu oil and thickening the skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that emu oil can actually thicken the skin as a more natural solution to thin skin. I'd very much like-like a lot of women- thicken the skin around the eyes and lips. Anyone had any success? And if anyone could provide the facts? The thickening is all I really want from emu oil. Any other natural ingredients that thicken the skin??
Thanks Smile
Marcie
5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Emu oil as a general body moisturizer. For dry skin, it was wonderful. I didn't use it on my face though. Your question is very interesting & now I too would like to know if anyone has found it to be useful for thickening thin skin around eyes & lips.
DavidGomes

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 am      Reply with quote
This stuff is wonderful! But you have to remember to shake the H out of it before you use it. At first it will look greasy, but absorbs gradually. A little goes a long way. Try it on your face before you go to bed...it's great
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Emy oil as facial moisturiser for about 6 years now. I don't know if it thickens the skin but it is certainly very soothing and moisturising.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
weeell I brought a bottle today off amazon and decided to give it a go, while I was at it I also ordered a dermaroller .5mm ( the one inch ones kinda freaked me out haha), and I plan on putting the emu oil under my eyes and in the sunken parts of my face...I'll lt ya'll know how it goes!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:47 am      Reply with quote
The only thing that I don't like about Emu oil (from Skin Biology) is the smell. It is over-powering.... So if I use it for some reason, I use the minimum amount....
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I did receive my emu oil, so far no thickening-i didn't really expect it but it is very moisturizerizing Smile
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I bought emu oil from Australia for my mom. My mom said it is very moisturising. She use it day and night
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:38 am      Reply with quote
ha reporting back here!

well...I'm addicted to it for sure...I'll probably never go without emu oil ever again haha...

okay so..

I think it has thickened my skin, or at least it improved it enough that I'm tricked into thinking it has...I've been using every morning and every night and I believe it has managed to thicken a little bit all over my face..the texture is smoother too.

Over all I will always recommend this product and I'm sure I'll never stop buying it because of how moisturizing it is.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've used a lot of emu oil over the years, I like it a lot,I think it has helped repair thinned skin, for me, along with dermarolling.
tkee3
5% products discount

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, do you think Emu Oil would help in thickening or plumping up Tear Trough lines??
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Mine seem a ton better since useing emu oil but...not sure if thats why...i moved andthe lighting in my bathrooms diffrent,and i dont do facial exersizes but i do massage my face.but hey,why dont you give it a try? Regardless of whether it thickens that area its still makes for a fantastic moistdrizer.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Some people have said that it's good for stretch marks. But, I've never tried that.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Exactly how is Emu Oil extracted?
tkee3
5% products discount

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
What is the best place to buy the highest quality Australian Emu Oil? Has any tried Australian Gold Emu Oil??
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Moon- "Emu oil is actually found in a thick pad of fat that is located on the back of the emu. The fat is separated from the meat. Next, the fat is removed from the skin, ground and then melted. Then the emu oil is sent through the processing phase, during which it is filtered, refined, sterilized and deodorized. However, not all emu oil goes through all these steps. Some emu oil is simply filtered and still contains contaminants and bacteria."

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4925446_how-emu-oil-extracted.html#ixzz2evQWS0J0

tkee3- So far I've only used one brand and I'm sticking with it...I order off amazon and buy the one with the blue packaging and the red cross on it...sorry I'm drawing a blank at the moment, with the name.
tkee3
5% products discount

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help! Do you think the Emu Oil is still thickening your skin?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |