Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Osmosis skin care purge
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
linds444

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just wondering if anyone has a problems with purging with Osmosis. I started using the gentle cleanser, the harmonized water and calm serum a month ago. My skin has been breaking out a little more than usual, I had a facial infusion a week ago and started using catalyst 5 days ago, I am still breaking out.... I just don't know if I am reacting to the product or if I am just purging and it will get better? My esthetician said the catalyst should really help, but I don't see any improvements at all.

Does anyone have any advice/experience with this?
Ben Johnson, MD
5% products discount

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Just saw your question. Calm and Catalyst increase the health/performance of your immune system and if there has been a build-up of toxins prior to Osmosis, then purging can continue for 2-3 weeks. A lot of it depends on what you were using before starting with us. For example, AHA's, benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, steroids will all result in a build-up of toxins. The HW will help address the source but it takes a little time.

Do you have Rosacea? Do you have digestive concerns? Do you normally breakout around your cycle? Depending on those answers I can tell you what to expect. It won't be long before your skin is radiant, promise Smile
linds444

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your response. Yes I have a little bit of rosacea and I was using benzoyl peroxide for years (more than 10). I had minor/moderate acne when I was a teenager (I am now 31) and used antibiotics for a couple years and then birth control, which seemed to help. My skin has been good for many years, however I kept using benzoyl peroxide. I started breaking out a little about a year ago, but it was bothering me so I went to an esthetician. I guess I'm concerned because she put me on the 302 skincare for 2 months first, before starting Osmosis. I figured all the purging should have been almost over when I started Osmosis. However, some things cleared up, but I started to get more painful and inflammed breakouts.

NO digestion issues really, however I have been trying to avoid dairy lately. I believe I do break out around my cycle, however nothing major.

I'm just really hoping it gets better...
Ben Johnson, MD
5% products discount

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
That is very helpful. So,you may have mild/moderate candidiasis based on the breakouts during your cycle. I recommend Anti-Pathogen Harmonized Water for 2-3 months to control that yeast population. If your diet encourages them then you may need to stay on it, hopefully not. The story of your product usage tells me that you have been building toxins but not at a fast rate which is good news and may mean the purging will end very soon. If it does not, then it means either there was more toxic build-up than expected or the source is still actively secreting toxins.

302 is a fine line but no one stimulates immune activity like Osmosis. You may have rosacea from the candida but it is hard to say. Adding Digestive Health Harmonized water will help no matter where the source is. You might want to add Restore topical because it disables toxins and speeds healing. It is something I recommend for people to start with if purging is anticipated.

You can always call us if you are losing patience for more direction. Catching rosacea early is critical because it only worsens and becomes more difficult to control. It sounds like you are in good hands though!
linds444

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much, I will try that Smile
Ben Johnson, MD
5% products discount

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
My pleasure Smile
linds444

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Btw, do you know where I can purchase these products? I don't think my esthetician carries those ones...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |