Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Is it normal to feel the tear trough?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've had tear troughs since birth, but at one point they got a little bit rougher. That's when I also started to feel them, especially the left one which is more severe. Is it normal to feel that you have a bag under your eye / a tear trough running along your face?
When trying to squint the face or the eyes only, that region offers some resistance.
Does anyone else feel like this? Is it normal aging?
Thanks!
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Let me ask it better: does anybody else feel the hollowness (lack of fat) under eye?
For example, would that person (just a random picture from Google search) feel the drag under the eye? Mine look almost the same.
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 am      Reply with quote
An interesting question and I hope someone comes back to you with some kind of experience in this. The only times I have felt anything around my eyes is if I am touching the muscles, contracting them voluntarily, if my eyes are puffy due to allergies or if I hadn't gotten enough sleep I feel heavines around my eyes. I've had a muscle twich every once in a while. I feel my face and know that it's there, but I don't feel any specific parts of it.

Good luck in finding an aswer.
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I guess my eyes are constantly puffy then. Seeing an ophthalmologist.
Perhaps you just don't have that much under eye area and bags? Perhaps everyone who does feels it? It's not something I would go and ask a friend, because noone would ever think of worrying about such a little thing Very Happy.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I can say, my hollowness and darkness around eyes looks much worst than the person on your picture, but no, i don't feel it.

My eyes never get puffy though. May be that's the answer.

Could this puffiness of yours be triggered by some sort of allergy from cosmetics or food?

Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I work at a cosmetic surgery place and tons of ppl come in with your concerns. It's a combo of aging and genetics. Luckily a good plastic surgeon can help

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't care, if I look like this. It just annoys me, how it feels. Do people come to you and say their eye surroundings are stiff?
I probably have to make sure I don't have allergies and renal problems. Some people say it's just dry skin, but perhaps it really is puffiness.
YB wrote:
I can say, my hollowness and darkness around eyes looks much worst than the person on your picture, but no, i don't feel it.

My eyes never get puffy though. May be that's the answer.

Could this puffiness of yours be triggered by some sort of allergy from cosmetics or food?

Hope this helps.
But when you try to squint the eyes? Hasn't it become more stiff with age? When it's hollow, it's logical you get a lot wrinkles when squint and shouldn't you also feel the skin wrinkle up?
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
But when you try to squint the eyes? Hasn't it become more stiff with age? When it's hollow, it's logical you get a lot wrinkles when squint and shouldn't you also feel the skin wrinkle up?

Not really. It is just hollow and dark. And i always get a compliment like this: "You look so tired today. Did you sleep well?" if i don't put enough makeup.

I've read it is all due to overloaded liver, kidneys and spleen. It also can be allergic reaction to some foods.

In a long run i am looking to make a DNA test (to figure out what exactly i shouldn't eat) and some internal cleansing. That should address darkness. For hollowness - facial exercises!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's mostly due to your face just being like this. Or perhaps venous hyperemia is causing cyanosis.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |